Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potential DL Coach
I'm wondering if I have his autograph around here somewhere... I have a lot of signatures from 06-07 Georgetown training camp visits.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2019, 04:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Rams are also wanting to sign Henderson.

I think this comment got lost in the shuffle.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2019, 07:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think this comment got lost in the shuffle.

I mentioned it in the original post.  It would be a lateral move if he went to the Rams unless they are looking at him for something other than DL.  If he came here it would be a promotion.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Sounds like they may be working this weekend after all.

I like the moves
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
And the Rams hired him as DL coach. Which means their current DL coach is either getting a new job with the organization or will be out on the street. Hard to blame him for going to a Super Bowl team.

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2019, 12:17 AM)pally Wrote: And the Rams hired him as DL coach.  Which means their current DL coach is either getting a new job with the organization or will be out on the street.  Hard to blame him for going to a Super Bowl team.

Yeah...can't really say much about this. It probably shows we were looking at a quality guy atleast.
Reply/Quote
Maybe we'll bring in Johnson, the guy being replaced in LA.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2019, 11:59 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Maybe we'll bring in Johnson, the guy being replaced in LA.

Why is he being replaced?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2019, 12:37 PM)McC Wrote: Why is he being replaced?

It looks like many were surprised by the move of hiring Henderson to replace Bill Johnson, who's a good coach and has done a nice job in LA. Vincent Bonsignore said that the Rams aren't retaining Johnson and that he's no longer with the organization. He said the Rams just 'decided to go in different direction'. With Johnson being 63, maybe McVay wanted younger blood there?

Definitely think the Bengals should be talking to Johnson and trying to get him to come to Cincy.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2019, 11:59 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Maybe we'll bring in Johnson, the guy being replaced in LA.

(02-23-2019, 12:37 PM)McC Wrote: Why is he being replaced?

(02-23-2019, 01:54 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: It looks like pretty much everyone was surprised the move of hiring Henderson to replace Bill Johnson, who's a good coach and has done a nice job in LA. Vincent Bonsignore said that the Rams aren't retaining Johnson and that he's no longer with the organization. He said the just 'decided to go in another direction'.

Johnson was hired before Wade Phillips so maybe it's just Phillips wanting to get his own guy. Which is just a guess lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2019, 01:56 PM)Synric Wrote: Johnson was hired before Wade Phillips so maybe it's just Phillips wanting to get his own guy. Which is just a guess lol.

Might very well be the case. In any event, there's a very good veteran coach now available.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2019, 02:04 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Might very well be the case. In any event, there's a very good veteran coach now available.

and he is well known to Zac which is an additional bonus

Reply/Quote
(02-22-2019, 04:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Mostly an IR guy.

This made me guffaw. 
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2019, 01:54 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: It looks like many were surprised by the move of hiring Henderson to replace Bill Johnson, who's a good coach and has done a nice job in LA. Vincent Bonsignore said that the Rams aren't retaining Johnson and that he's no longer with the organization. He said the Rams just 'decided to go in different direction'. With Johnson being 63, maybe McVay wanted younger blood there?

Definitely think the Bengals should be talking to Johnson and trying to get him to come to Cincy.

Yes to that.  He is available and he most certainly would add experience. 
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-22-2019, 01:58 PM)pally Wrote: Looking to interview Chargers Assistant DL Coach and former Bengal Eric Henderson. He has also been shown interest from the Rams. They however already have a DL coach so that would be a lateral move whereas Cincy would be a promotion. He's been coaching Joey Bosa and Melvin Ingram.

https://www.chargers.com/team/coaches-roster/eric-henderson

Former NFL defensive lineman Eric Henderson “Coach Henny” will begin his second season as the Chargers assistant defensive line coach in 2018.

In his first year with the organization, the Chargers ranked fifth in the NFL with 43 sacks. Joey Bosa garnered his first Pro Bowl selection while Melvin Ingram also earned a spot in the annual all-star game. Bosa ranked seventh in the league with a career-high 12.5 sacks while Ingram equaled his career-best with 10.5 sacks.

A native of New Orleans, La., Henderson was a three-time All-Atlantic Coast Conference defensive end at Georgia Tech before spending three years in the National Football League with the Cincinnati Bengals (2006-08). As a collegian, Henderson set a school record at Georgia Tech for career tackles for loss (59.5) while also racking up 175 tackles, eight pass breakups and seven forced fumbles. His 25 career sacks rank fourth in school history. Following his NFL career, Henderson spent three seasons (2009-11) with the Las Vegas Locomotives of the United Football League, helping the team win a pair of League championships.

In 2012, Henderson segued into coaching as a defensive assistant at Georgia Military College, where he worked with the outside linebackers and secondary. Henderson helped coach the Bulldogs to a 7-4 record and an appearance in the CHAMPS Heart of Texas Bowl.

In 2013, Henderson moved on to Oklahoma State where he spent three seasons (2012-15) as a graduate assistant and a third (2015) as a defensive quality control coach. During his three years in Stillwater, the Cowboys went 27-12 and made three bowl appearances. Henderson helped tutor defensive end Emmanuel Ogbah, who earned All-America accolades, was named Big 12 Conference Defensive Player of the Year in 2015 and was drafted in the second round of the 2016 NFL Draft (32nd overall) by the Cleveland Browns.

Henderson spent the 2016 season as the defensive line coach at Texas-San Antonio. The Roadrunners went 6-6 during the regular season before facing New Mexico in the Gildan New Mexico Bowl.

Henderson earned a bachelor’s degree in management from Georgia Tech and is working toward a master’s degree in educational psychology.

Remember Henderson when he played with the Bengals, didn't even know he was a coach until now. Pretty impressive resume in such a short time coaching. Would love this honestly, he has worked with arguably the best pass rushing duo in the NFL and coached up Ogbah at Oklahoma State.

Would like this a lot. Pay the man, hopefully he can get that talent to really show through on the D-line. Think they have been very underwhelming under Burney. We have too much talent for it not to be showing more.
Reply/Quote
Henderson went to the Rams.

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2019, 03:50 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Henderson went to the Rams.

Damn, i bet there are plenty of other good ones out there like Holic suggested, Bill Johnson would be a nice grab.
Reply/Quote
Yeah...I'm not too worried about DL. We have some good veterans there.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2019, 04:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Damn, i bet there are plenty of other good ones out there like Holic suggested, Bill Johnson would be a nice grab.

That's what Paul Brown said. Then Walsh frowned...

Cool

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Why not bring back Jay Hayes? Dline did pretty well with him around.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote