Poll: With great confidence, who will the pick be? Make a statement!
This poll is closed.
Chase 90%+
57.14%
12 57.14%
Sewell 90%+
28.57%
6 28.57%
Neither 90%+
9.52%
2 9.52%
None of the above.
4.76%
1 4.76%
Total 21 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pound the Table - Thump the Chest
I have seen so many people recently say "The pick is Chase" based on all the "evidence" (rolls eyes) out in the media.

So put your money where your mouth is. State it now. Those of you who are 90%+ convinced of what the pick will be. Lay it out there and make a statement. Pound the table!

With great confidence, Who is it going to be?

I want to see how confident people really are....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's 100% Ja'Marr Chase.

The person who replies after me can pick a signature that I have to use all year if I'm wrong (provided it doesn't break the forum rules).
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Said it before and will say it again.

Should be 100% no questions asked = Sewell

Will be because the Bengals want to sell tickets not get wins = Chase

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
It's Chase but it's should be trade down. We have so many needs that not trading down for multiple picks doesn't make much sense m
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
It's 100% Chase but I 100% don't want it to be Chase.
Reply/Quote
Im going Kyle Pitts.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2021, 02:06 PM)Stewy Wrote: I have seen so many people recently say "The pick is Chase" based on all the "evidence" (rolls eyes) out in the media.

Duke Tobin today:

'The NFL has become a passing league. When you bring them in you want to get use out of them right away...specially with early-round wideouts, you expect them to come in and contribute.'

Said he anticipates new additions to the Bengals offensive line.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2021, 03:33 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Duke Tobin today:

'The NFL has become a passing league. When you bring them in you want to get use out of them right away...specially with early-round wideouts, you expect them to come in and contribute.'

Said he anticipates new additions to the Bengals offensive line.

Everything said now is poker talk.  Thing is, half of what's said is probably true because others just assume most of what's said is a smokescreen.
Reply/Quote
I'm 100% unsure of what they are doing.

Almost every draft guy that I respect has said "it's a no-brainer, you run up to the podium and take Sewell because you HAVE to protect your franchise"

But then you get all the fans reading into comments from Tobin and Burrow that somehow there's zero chance they pass on Chase.

At the end of the year I was 100% that they would take Sewell. I still 100% feel that they should, but it's the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2021, 03:01 PM)J24 Wrote: It's Chase but it's should be trade down. We have so many needs that not trading down for multiple picks doesn't make much sense m

Yeah I'm warming to the Denver idea.  Of they get desperate and give up their 2nd and 3rd we still get Slater or Waddel.  I won't lie that I'm worried they will take Slater outright at 5, therefore Im app for Chase though I prefer Sewell. 
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2021, 02:33 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Said it before and will say it again.

Should be 100% no questions asked = Sewell

Will be because the Bengals want to sell tickets not get wins = Chase

This is lazy thinking.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2021, 03:38 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: Everything said now is poker talk.  Thing is, half of what's said is probably true because others just assume most of what's said is a smokescreen.

Bengals do not know how to use smokescreen.  They are fairly transparent.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2021, 04:33 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Bengals do not know how to use smokescreen.  They are fairly transparent.

That's hard to quantify to say the least.  Even if the Bengals target one guy at #5, he's not getting drafted by the team if the team at #4 targets the same guy.  Unlike last year, the Bengals don't fully control who they select.
Reply/Quote
I think it is Chase and while I am excited about either one I am not look forward to the derision that will inevitably come from the media when we do NOT pick Sewell.
Reply/Quote
I believe they take chase at 5. Plan b is they trade with Denver. Of course with their luck chase, Pitts and Sewell go 6, 7, 8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2021, 06:10 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I believe they take chase at 5.  Plan b is they trade with Denver.  Of course with their luck chase, Pitts and Sewell go 6,  7, 8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the Board Mock I did the Denver trade for picks 9, 40, and 152. At #9 I took Christian Darrisaw who has the potential to be the best OT in the draft.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2021, 05:58 PM)Memphis_Bengal Wrote: I think it is Chase and while I am excited about either one I am not look forward to the derision that will inevitably come from the media when we do NOT pick Sewell.

This is why I want everyone in the media to publicize how they feel. I don't want this to be weaponized to mock the Bengals (and for that matter, our fanbase) in the future. I want to know where everyone stands on the issue by April 29.

It's disconcerting to me that former NFL players/management seem almost unanimously to be behind taking a lineman, even if they're hinting that they might consider another name (i.e. Chase). As long as it remains like this, we're serving ourselves on a silver platter if we take Chase and it doesn't work out. The only way to mitigate some of that risk is to get everyone on the record in advance, just to ensure that revisionist historians around the NFL don't ridicule us for the next generation by implying that we went out on a limb and "bungled" another pick.

I hate thinking this far ahead as a fan but I can't help it. This team can no longer be naive as to how the national media is planning to use them.
Reply/Quote
I thought it was really going to be Chase for a while.

Then I recently thought about the new uniform reveal.

Joe's scar was really present.

[Image: EzV1jd5UYAUlO3-.jpg]

Is this somehow just an imagery precursor to justifying the Sewell pick?

Your injured QB's knee spread throughout media about a week before the draft.

Hmmm. Hmm

Everyone knows we need to improve the O-line.  No doubt.

It's just how, or better yet who, is the best fit and overall value for the team that causes all this bickering.

The most valid argument I've heard for Sewell is a hard run on O-linemen late 1st rd into early 2nd rd leaving the Bengals slim pickings at #38.

We desperately need someone to improve the interior O-line whether an existing T slides, the draft pick at T slides in, or we get a plug and play G, or lastly a C who dethrones Hopkins/Price.

One of them has to happen and be NFL ready... and I'm team Chase.  It's even more pressing if Williams breaks again at T.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I would personally trade back maybe even twice and grab Slater or Darrisaw and load up on picks in rounds 2-4 as much as possible.

But I think when it comes down to it, the FO is tired of seeing empty stadiums and will draft Chase just because the hype of him and Burrow back together will sell tickets and put us in the national media spotlight more than fixing the OL will. That being said, if they dont do enough with the OL to fix the run game and properly protect Burrow and he gets hurt again because of it, that will most likely be my fandom at that point after nearly 40 years. So we got the draft and the post draft June 1st cuts to get the OL fixed and stocked with some real actual depth. We'll see how it plays out. Burrow is too good to watch his career get destroyed, period.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2021, 06:12 PM)Synric Wrote: In the Board Mock I did the Denver trade for picks 9, 40, and 152. At #9 I took Christian Darrisaw who has the potential to be the best OT in the draft.

This right here. Exactly this. I love Darrisaw and we could get him and extra picks. He is pro ready now, and faced better pass rushers than the Pac12 OT's did as well. Slater also faced better pass rushers, but I really like Darrisaw a lot. I love Sewell and his ceiling, but I get the logic that he is so young and inexperienced. Extra picks would be great. 
Reply/Quote