Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power Rankings
Power rankings should always be taken with a grain of salt.  But it is always interesting to get a snapshot of how our favorite team is viewed by the national NFL media.  SI has been the craziest if you consider last week they had the Bengals at 24th.  As a group, they all consider the Bengals a team on the rise.  If any loss can be considered a "good" one, then the Packers were one for them.  In most rankings, they improved after last week.  But as my Daddy used to say " a thousand attaboys can be wiped away by one ahh sh**".  If any team is on a short leash, it is the Bengals

NFL.com
week 1- 30th
week 6- 13th

ESPN
week 1- 28th
week 6- 14th

PFT
Week 1- 29th
Week 6- 10th

Sporting News
Week 1- 16th
Week 6-11th

SI.com
Week 1-29th
Week 6-10th

Yahoo Sports
Week 1-28th
Week 6-15th

Bleacher Report
Week 1-25th
Week 6- 11th

USA Today
Week 1-28th
Week 6-15th

The Athletic
Week 1-28th
Week 6-11th

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I think most have us ranked a bit too high for me. I’d say 15-20 seems about right.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Looks like Detroit is a big game. Typically when the MSM believes in the Bengals, they make fools of them.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Out of curiosity, how many have 2-3 or worse teams ahead of us? I think it was when we were 2-1 maybe even 3-1, they had like multiple teams that were 1-2 (or 1-3) ahead of us.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I think when we beat the Vikings, they thought it was a fluke. When we beat the Stealers, everyone said well they had a lot of players out, and when we beat Jacksonville they all said "Well it's Jacksonville" (even though they are not as bad as their record would make one think). I don't think most of them thought we'd take Rodgers and the Pack to the wire in OT. They're starting to realize this team is not a fluke this year.
Reply/Quote
10 seems a little too high.

I'd put us about dead middle 15-16.

Not saying we can't get higher. In fact I think we have the talent to get better on offense. But for right now I'd say we are pretty average.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 11:41 AM)fredtoast Wrote: 10 seems a little too high.

Not saying we can't get higher. In fact I think we have the talent to get better on offense. But for right now I'd say we are pretty average.

Burrow will carry this team as far as he can this year. I think they can back into the play offs if he starts playing at a higher level. Meaning no more multiple INT games.

I don’t think this is a play off team this year. If they can keep adding talent one more year, I think Burrow can lead us to a win in the post season next year.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 11:41 AM)fredtoast Wrote: 10 seems a little too high.

Not saying we can't get higher.  In fact I think we have the talent to get better on offense.  But for right now I'd say we are pretty average.

Agreed.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Everyone is seeing the talent we didnt have the last 4 yrs.... 15-22 is our range.
Reply/Quote
They probably did the rankings for the bettors so the bookies can recover from last week's GB at -4.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 11:37 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I think when we beat the Vikings, they thought it was a fluke. When we beat the Stealers, everyone said well they had a lot of players out, and when we beat Jacksonville they all said "Well it's Jacksonville" (even though they are not as bad as their record would make one think).   I don't think most of them thought we'd take Rodgers and the Pack to the wire in OT. They're starting to realize this team is not a fluke this year.

You're forgetting the part that they lost. Sounds like a participation trophy post against the Packers. "Most didn't think the Bengals would find their way onto the field against Green Bay"
Reply/Quote
Bears performance having a positive influence on our rankings. With them being 3-2 and GB being 4-1 we are getting benefit of the doubt… for now.
Reply/Quote
People on here say I'm too negative, yet I think more highly of our team than most of you. LOL

The Packers are 4-1 and were in the NFC championship last year. We looked like their equal last week. Saying we're between 15-20 is selling us a little short, IMO. I think 10-15 is fair, with more potential to go up than to go down. To think, Mixon wasn't even healthy last week and he's a huge part of our offense.

Look at the talent on this team. Best weapons I've ever seen on a Bengals team. Burrow is legit. The defense is playing well. Only question is the middle of the o-line and whether or not we can stay healthy.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 12:34 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Burrow will carry this team as far as he can this year. I think they can back into the play offs if he starts playing at a higher level. Meaning no more multiple INT games.

I don’t think this is a play off team this year. If they can keep adding talent one more year, I think Burrow can lead us to a win in the post season next year.

Maybe. Burrow hasn't been carrying us this year though and you could argue he's been a decent chunk of why we lost the 2 games we did. 

Obviously we aren't better without him but I think this year is definitely showing Burrow isn't the infallible unstoppable QB some people thought he was. I think and hope he can eventually get to Brady, Rodgers, Manning level but he's not close right now. 
Reply/Quote
Think 10 - 15 is about right as well and would put us at 13th or 14th personally.

in no particular order feel these teams are above us presently in my mind

1. Bills
2. Chargers
3. Ravens
4. Browns
5. Cowboys
6. Cardinals
7. Rams
8. Bears
9. Tampa Bay
10. Packers
11. Chiefs

believe we are on par with these again no particular order of group

12. Bengals
13. Chiefs
14. Raiders
15. Broncos
16. 49ers
17. Panthers
18. Seattle
19. Tennessee

Think we are better than in no particular order

20. Jets
21. Dolphins
22. Patriots
23. steelers
24. Texans
25. Colts
26. Giants
27. Jags
28. Vikings
29. Washington
30. Philly
31. Lions
32. Falcons

Its definitely still flexible and will change with room for us to move up or down

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 09:13 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Think 10 - 15 is about right as well and would put us at 13th or 14th personally.

in no particular order feel these teams are above us presently in my mind

1. Bills
2. Chargers
3. Ravens
4. Browns
5. Cowboys
6. Cardinals
7. Rams
8. Bears
9. Tampa Bay
10. Packers
11. Chiefs

believe we are on par with these again no particular order of group

12. Bengals
13. Chiefs
14. Raiders
15. Broncos
16. 49ers
17. Panthers
18. Seattle
19. Tennessee

Think we are better than in no particular order

20. Jets
21. Dolphins
22. Patriots
23. steelers
24. Texans
25. Colts
26. Giants
27. Jags
28. Vikings
29. Washington
30. Philly
31. Lions
32. Falcons

Its definitely still flexible and will change with room for us to move up or down

Good list; however, you listed Chiefs 2 times; not sure who you omitted

EDIT: Saints?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
POWER UP!

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Credit to Sporting News for having the courage to look deeper than "what was their record last year?" when the season started.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 11:30 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Out of curiosity, how many have 2-3 or worse teams ahead of us? I think it was when we were 2-1 maybe even 3-1, they had like multiple teams that were 1-2 (or 1-3) ahead of us.

On NFL.com, only the Chiefs have a losing record in front of the Bengals but their spot is deserving, considering the team (QB). 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 02:06 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: People on here say I'm too negative, yet I think more highly of our team than most of you. LOL

The Packers are 4-1 and were in the NFC championship last year. We looked like their equal last week. Saying we're between 15-20 is selling us a little short, IMO. I think 10-15 is fair, with more potential to go up than to go down. To think, Mixon wasn't even healthy last week and he's a huge part of our offense.

Look at the talent on this team. Best weapons I've ever seen on a Bengals team. Burrow is legit. The defense is playing well. Only question is the middle of the o-line and whether or not we can stay healthy.

Agreed.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote