Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power Rankings: Bengals Top 5
(10-01-2015, 10:55 AM)spazz70 Wrote: I am not going to be a Dalton defender just stating fact...There is a big difference in this year's 3-0 start and last year's as far as Dalton is concerned...at least statistically...

55-84...722 yards....2tds...1 int...95 passer rating

61-92...866 yards...8 tds...1 int...121 passer rating

Those numbers are astoundingly different...especially when talking tds....

The Dalton haters will hate these facts as they are facts they were oblivious to until you posted them. It also shows he has played much better thru 3 games in 2015 versus 2014. He played very well early in 2014, in 2015 he is playing so far at an elite level. I am not saying AD is elite based on 3 games, but only 2 better right now are 2 elite QB's

Add in, AD played very well in the loss at New England. AD's play went down as the year went on and anyone who can't comprehend you can't remove a team's:

#1 WR for 6 games (including playoffs)
#2 WR for 16 games (including playoffs)
#1 TE (receiving) 15+ games (including playoffs)
#2 TE (best blocker once 3rd TE was hurt Smith) (including playoffs)

Also Wright and Sanz missed some games and ( playoffs)

I gave him a playoff pass in 2015. The only way we win at Indy last year was our defense and special teams would have to have played lights out
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2015, 10:39 AM)xavierdude Wrote: same good stuff was being said this time last year when the bengals were also 3-0

its been much better this year.... the offense is moving great
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2015, 12:15 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The Dalton haters will hate these facts as they are facts they were oblivious to until you posted them.

Why do some people always have to make it "us against them"???

Can we just not all be ***** happy for once that Andy is playing well?
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2015, 12:15 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The Dalton haters will hate these facts as they are facts they were oblivious to until you posted them. It also shows he has played much better thru 3 games in 2015 versus 2014. He played very well early in 2014, in 2015 he is playing so far at an elite level. I am not saying AD is elite based on 3 games, but only 2 better right now are 2 elite QB's

Add in, AD played very well in the loss at New England. AD's play went down as the year went on and anyone who can't comprehend you can't remove a team's:

#1 WR for 6 games (including playoffs)
#2 WR for 16 games (including playoffs)
#1 TE (receiving) 15+ games (including playoffs)
#2 TE (best blocker once 3rd TE was hurt Smith) (including playoffs)

Also Wright and Sanz missed some games and ( playoffs)

I gave him a playoff pass in 2015. The only way we win at Indy last year was our defense and special teams would have to have played lights out
I think someone would have to have fallen from the sky and landed on earth today to not know this stuff. 

Andy turned the page.  The team turned the page.  It's time we do too.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2015, 01:41 PM)CharvelPlaya Wrote: I agree 100%. I know it is early in the season, and Dalton has had some really good streaks only to have some really bad ones too. BUT.....Dalton looks very different this year. He is not throwing too high anymore. His ball is spiraling 90% of the time. He looks way more accurate. He is showing good touch. AND his confidence is totally showing with his whole demeanor on the field. What I saw last Sunday, was definitely his most impressive game I've seen. He was being a true leader. I really cannot say enough how much I really love this Andy Dalton. And yes, in the past, I have been a Dalton hater.

Last year, I even said he would not keep up his good play after the first few games. This year, I think he finally turns the corner. I don't think he will have a 100+ rating by the end of the season, but I think we are gonna watch an Andy Dalton that is more consistent and more of a fiery leader. And I am gonna have a lot of crow to be eating. Tongue

Rock On Charvelplaya, Rock on.
Reply/Quote
All of those statements are accurate.

What FOX Sport said probably reflects the feelings of most fans.

The playoffs are a long ways off. I do, however, believe that if Dalton continues to play at a high level we should expect a win in the post season. I look forward to that, but as others have stated, I've heard all this before.

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2015, 01:33 PM)BengalChris Wrote: All of those statements are accurate.

What FOX Sport said probably reflects the feelings of most fans.

The playoffs are a long ways off. I do, however, believe that if Dalton continues to play at a high level we should expect a win in the post season. I look forward to that, but as others have stated, I've heard all this before.

In an organization with this history, it's really easy to dismiss this team with "I've heard all this before," and miss the joy of the journey to something great this time.  I mean, I guess there are two options:  1) Get excited now, believing you see something special this year and enjoying it to a potential Super Bowl victory; or
2) Judge this year's team by previous ones, and not enjoy the season until they potentially win a Super Bowl and then you can say, 'I never believed in them until now.'  

It may be this year, or some point in the future, but those are the two paths we have as fans, and I get more joy (knowing there is a real possibility with this team) of route 1 above.  Route 2 seems like The Bandwagon approach.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2015, 02:20 PM)West Union KennyG Wrote: In an organization with this history, it's really easy to dismiss this team with "I've heard all this before," and miss the joy of the journey to something great this time.  I mean, I guess there are two options:  1) Get excited now, believing you see something special this year and enjoying it to a potential Super Bowl victory; or
2) Judge this year's team by previous ones, and not enjoy the season until they potentially win a Super Bowl and then you can say, 'I never believed in them until now.'  

It may be this year, or some point in the future, but those are the two paths we have as fans, and I get more joy (knowing there is a real possibility with this team) of route 1 above.  Route 2 seems like The Bandwagon approach.

Why is Route 2 the Bandwagon approach?  I can see why long time fans would feel that way.  I am usually that way and have been around a long time.  However, this year I am liking how we have started and are looking and feel this may actually be the year we at least get a playoff win.  Having said that, I have said in other threads that I am really excited about this team, but I am still not sold on our coaches abilities to get us over the hump.  I'm starting to get more confident in them, but until we actually do get that playoff win, I will be a little bit cautiously optimistic.

I am enjoying this season so far and loved how we battled back against the Ravens.  That was awesome to see!!  I'm looking forward to seeing more great games down the road and hopefully some of them will come in the playoffs!
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2015, 12:24 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Why do some people always have to make it "us against them"???

It seems that some of these guys would rather have Andy have a 158.3 rating in a loss than have a 25.0 rating in a win, all to say "Neener, neener.". Dalton fans first, Bengals fans second.

One thing has been obvious so far this year: Dalton doesn't have many haters...there are just posters that are a bit more realistic with their expectations of him.  I've seen nearly all of the guys who are typically labeled as "haters" hype up Andy and give him the credit that he deserves for the first 3 games.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2015, 12:24 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Why do some people always have to make it "us against them"???

Ida know.  Dalton isn't getting the props I think he should, but the pervasive idea that no one believes in us when we are ranked in the top 5 and no one thinks we can win when the vast majority of experts are picking us week in and week out is sort of bewildering.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2015, 11:30 AM)djs7685 Wrote: I just don't understand how there are still some people that see what the team is doing right now but still have the "oh **** it, we're just going to lose in primetime and the playoffs anyway!" attitude, instead of enjoying the ride.

I don't have an issue with people being cautiously optimistic going into these games (I'm in that boat myself), but some people seem downright mad preemptively even though we're playing like the 3rd-5th best team in the NFL right now.

I'm not sure whether this response was directed towards me because if it was it makes no sense. Please read my original post carefully.....I'm not sure how you would conclude that I am mad or think we WILL lose in primetime/playoff games.

All I said was is that we need to overcome that hurdle before I become a true believer in this team. Some of you like to argue just for the sake of arguing.
Reply/Quote
Wanted to follow up in this thread with perhaps the most absurd ranking I have ever seen -

In their most recent rankings, ESPN has the Bengals #5 behind the CARDINALS!

Yes, that's right, the same Cardinals who have lost two games. One to the ultimately subpar St. Louis Rams, and the other to the Pittsburgh Steelers and their 3rd string QB.

Furthermore, the Broncos are ahead in the rankings as well. A team who is saved by their defense every week. A team who wins by the skin of their teeth on a weekly basis.

Disgusting.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 07:20 AM)Bengals_Legendary Wrote: Wanted to follow up in this thread with perhaps the most absurd ranking I have ever seen -

Yes, that's right, the same Cardinals who have lost two games. One to the ultimately subpar St. Louis Rams, and the other to the Pittsburgh Steelers and their 3rd string QB.

Furthermore, the Broncos are ahead in the rankings as well. A team who is saved by their defense every week. A team who wins by the skin of their teeth on a weekly basis.

Disgusting.

They are not ranking the W-l column. They are ranking the team strength. I see no problem. Our defense still needs work. We need a d e fense that doesnt let us get down 17pts by thr 4th qtr, regardless if we have the offense to fight back and win the game.

Reply/Quote
I understand that they are trying to rank based on future potential and team strength, but Arizona is so inconsistent I really have a hard time believing they should be ahead of us. They lost to a 3rd string QB and GAINED two spots in the ranking. It's ridiculous.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 07:20 AM)Bengals_Legendary Wrote: Wanted to follow up in this thread with perhaps the most absurd ranking I have ever seen -

Disgusting.

Yep. If anyone needed a jumping-off point for ESPN, this should be it. The Cards lost to Pittsburgh and their 3rd string QB and moved up 2 spots... Ahead of 2 still-undefeated teams (including us). Meanwhile, Pittsburgh beat a supposed "top 4" team and slipped a spot.

According to ESPN, wins are bad, losses are good, and undefeated records are "meh". Power rankings are supposed to be about how a team is playing now, and they have a team on a 2 game slide over 2 teams on a 5+ game win streak. Baffling.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 08:17 AM)Bengals_Legendary Wrote: I understand that they are trying to rank based on future potential and team strength, but Arizona is so inconsistent I really have a hard time believing they should be ahead of us. They lost to a 3rd string QB and GAINED two spots in the ranking. It's ridiculous.

The thing about ESPN (and most of the bigger sports media) is they consider the play on the field, but they also consider the TV market. The Cardinals in Phoenix have 1.5 million viewers in their local market, and Cincinnati has about 260,000 viewers in their local market. ESPN is always going to put more emphasis on teams with a bigger market, until the small market teams do something special and then they get some credit. If we want to get the treatment of the bigger market teams, we have to do more in post season and it will still only go so far. 
Reply/Quote
When I heard how CBS and ESPN didn't put a lot of reporting into the Goodell situation, because they wanted to protect their big contracts with the NFL - it immediately makes you realize the NFL is a business. To make money. It's a possibility that what we joke about sometimes, could be real. Big market teams make more money, reffing might lean towards them (Patriots, Steelers).

When I used to review games in college, I used to think "will Konami send me another game if I rank this one a D?".
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote