Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power Rankings LOL
Here is some backwards logic in desperation to make us feel better about the massive debacle Sunday.

The STOOLERS are ranked #1 in the power rankings and in large part; for beating us.

While I think that's a total joke as there are plenty of better teams, the Bengals with their anemic impotent offense almost pulled out a W in their house with the Refs totally handing them the game on a silver platter.

Given this, we are pretty dang GREAT

Lolol
Reply/Quote
We would have won if we had Burfict OR Eifert. Even with the refs screwing us over. I am a bit worried about our run game. I don't blame the lack of production in Hill/Gio though. Its the horrible OL play. Im really hoping Bodine gets his shit together, because even people like Whit isn't playing as well as they used too (probably due to age). I wouldn't care if we pick OL the first two picks in the draft. Idk how good of OL we can pick up at 32 and 64 though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2016, 07:06 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: We would have won if we had Burfict OR Eifert. Even with the refs screwing us over. I am a bit worried about our run game. I don't blame the lack of production in Hill/Gio though. Its the horrible OL play. Im really hoping Bodine gets his shit together, because even people like Whit isn't playing as well as they used too (probably due to age). I wouldn't care if we pick OL the first two picks in the draft. Idk how good of OL we can pick up at 32 and 64 though.

Won't matter.....we'll still have that oaf coaching them.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
That's the way she goes.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2016, 07:57 AM)Wyche Wrote: Won't matter.....we'll still have that oaf coaching them.....

Marvin or Zampese?
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2016, 08:23 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Marvin or Zampese?

Piano Man....

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2016, 07:57 AM)Wyche Wrote: Won't matter.....we'll still have that oaf coaching them.....

(09-21-2016, 08:38 AM)Wyche Wrote: Piano Man....

Your obsessive hatred for one of the more highly respected position coaches in the league is getting kind of creepy.

It is like you are so embarrassed by your rants against Kirkpatrick that you are doubling down on your PA hatred.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2016, 08:41 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Your obsessive hatred for one of the more highly respected position coaches in the league is getting kind of creepy.

It is like you are so embarrassed by your rants against Kirkpatrick that you are doubling down on your PA hatred.

Your love affair with Ludwig Van is FAR more creepy fred.....rest assured.

Good for DreK, after four years in the league, the light has come on it seems.  He's playing better this season, and I said as much in bfine's thread about the "whipping boys".  I guess he's been on the "Margus Hunt Learning Curve"? That, or it's a contract year, take your pick.  However, the same can't be said for our sieve of an o line and your "vaunted" love interest.

Reply/Quote
There is only 1 time those power rankings matter and that will be at around 10 PM Feb 5, 2017

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
lol they were so ready to put them at number 1

Love the NFL man
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2016, 09:45 AM)pally Wrote: There is only 1 time those power rankings matter and that will be at around 10 PM Feb 5, 2017

Except...the Bengals beat Pitt to get to the SB and beat GB to win it all and still ranked 3rd in power rankings...LOL
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2016, 10:31 AM)Housh Wrote: lol they were so ready to put them at number 1

Love the NFL man

Thought the exact same thing 

Had we won - we would be #8.  

Serious. Lol. 
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2016, 09:31 AM)Wyche Wrote: Your love affair with Ludwig Van is FAR more creepy fred.....rest assured.

I am not the one writing feature articles about him for Sports Illustrated singing his praises, or inviting him to speak at O-line coaching seminars, or running the organizations like PFF or FootballOutsiders that consistently ranking his O-lines among the bets in the league 
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2016, 04:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am not the one running the organizations like PFF 

I thought PFF grades sucked? WTF

Also, Zeitler appears to be regressing under the anointed one....and Bodine is a human turnstile....some coaching they must be getting, huh?  I'd berate Ced...but he's essentially a rook...and Fisher....hopefully Piano Man moves on before he "coaches them up" too.

Reply/Quote
So let me get this straight...we hate the experts for saying we aren't a super awesome team BUT we also hate them if they say teams that beat us are clearly awesome because beating us is quite the feat?

This is beyond the point of absurdity.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2016, 05:16 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So let me get this straight...we hate the experts for saying we aren't a super awesome team BUT we also hate them if they say teams that beat us are clearly awesome because beating us is quite the feat?

This is beyond the point of absurdity.

I think hes saying...  They got pushed to #1 because they beat us.. meaning we are so awesome anyone who beats us somehow jumps way up the Power rankings.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2016, 05:35 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I think hes saying...  They got pushed to #1 because they beat us.. meaning we are so awesome anyone who beats us somehow jumps way up the Power rankings.

Ah now that I re-read it he is saying that.  I thought he was still mad.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2016, 05:35 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I think hes saying...  They got pushed to #1 because they beat us.. meaning we are so awesome anyone who beats us somehow jumps way up the Power rankings.

Bingo 
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2016, 04:42 PM)Wyche Wrote: I thought PFF grades sucked? WTF

I have only explained this about a dozen times.

PFF individual ratings are crap, but their O-line rankings are based on a different formula.  With their individual rankings it is possible for a guy to be ranked ahead of another guy even if he plays fewer snaps and messes up more often.  The O-line rankings do not work like that.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2016, 07:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have only explained this about a dozen times.

PFF individual ratings are crap, but their O-line rankings are based on a different formula.  With their individual rankings it is possible for a guy to be ranked ahead of another guy even if he plays fewer snaps and messes up more often.  The O-line rankings do not work like that.

Blah blah....blow up an onion sack with hot air....blah blah.  And I've told you TWO dozen times (and provided links on the mothership....lest everyone else here forgets) that Piano Man is invited out of convenience to a seminar held in......CINCINNATI....moreso than he is some coveted warlock of o line play.  Of course he is invited....he's the local guy from the NFL!  You told us all how he's the keynote speaker every year....and I provided the rosters from those seminars that said he wasn't....in fact...a lot of college guys and some high guys were regarded higher at times....so, fail.  I could coach a unit with all high round draft picks. 

I mean....dude HAND PICKS a center....and coaches him 3 years to achieve...........drumroll please......25th ranking.  Then we have first rounder Zeitler playing like Margus Hunt year one after a whiskey and Marlboro weeklong bender.....who's either regressing or we should have taken DeCastro to begin with.  Wonder who's suggestion it was trade BACK to get Zeitler and pass on DeCastro?  Hmmmmm.....I wonder. 

Sumbitch wouldn't be on anyone else's staff if he had been a part of the worst decade of the franchise....2nd worst ever.....let alone no promotion or offers from other teams. Come on buddy tell us all about the good ol days and Donte Scarnecchia again....I can't wait. Mellow

Reply/Quote