Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power Rankings LOL
(09-21-2016, 07:57 PM)Wyche Wrote: Blah blah....blow up an onion sack with hot air....blah blah.  And I've told you TWO dozen times (and provided links on the mothership....lest everyone else here forgets) that Piano Man is invited out of convenience to a seminar held in......CINCINNATI....moreso than he is some coveted warlock of o line play.  Of course he is invited....he's the local guy from the NFL!  You told us all how he's the keynote speaker every year....and I provided the rosters from those seminars that said he wasn't....in fact...a lot of college guys and some high guys were regarded higher at times....so, fail.  I could coach a unit with all high round draft picks. 

I mean....dude HAND PICKS a center....and coaches him 3 years to achieve...........drumroll please......25th ranking.  Then we have first rounder Zeitler playing like Margus Hunt year one after a whiskey and Marlboro weeklong bender.....who's either regressing or we should have taken DeCastro to begin with.  Wonder who's suggestion it was trade BACK to get Zeitler and pass on DeCastro?  Hmmmmm.....I wonder. 

Sumbitch wouldn't be on anyone else's staff if he had been a part of the worst decade of the franchise....2nd worst ever.....let alone no promotion or offers from other teams. Come on buddy tell us all about the good ol days and Donte Scarnecchia again....I can't wait. Mellow

Yup !

The Bengals are 28th in the league in time of possession, 28TH !!! I seen the list the other day on our drive times at Pittsburgh, it was awful : 

54 seconds, 58 seconds, 52 seconds, 56 seconds, 1 minute 3 seconds, 1 minute 11 seconds and so on like that. Our longest drive was just over 4 minutes.

It's amazing how our defense has done under these conditions. And the reason we can't sustain drives ?

We can't run the ball - period. Why you ask ? Because our starting center hand picked by the PA gets shoved 3 yards deep into the backfield on 3 out 4 running plays. On the 4th he whiffs.

We can not continue averaging 42 yards rushing per game with Andy on pace to crush the record for pass attempts !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2016, 08:19 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yup !

The Bengals are 28th in the league in time of possession, 28TH !!! I seen the list the other day on our drive times at Pittsburgh, it was awful : 

54 seconds, 58 seconds, 52 seconds, 56 seconds, 1 minute 3 seconds, 1 minute 11 seconds and so on like that. Our longest drive was just over 4 minutes.

It's amazing how our defense has done under these conditions. And the reason we can't sustain drives ?

We can't run the ball - period. Why you ask ? Because our starting center hand picked by the PA gets shoved 3 yards deep into the backfield on 3 out 4 running plays. On the 4th he whiffs.

We can not continue averaging 42 yards rushing per game with Andy on pace to crush the record for pass attempts !

Exactly.....just imagine how far out of these games we would be with young Andy and the team implosions we used to endure when we got down.  Our d has fought....and Dalton has stood strong....otherwise....we would be 0-2 and probably ran out of the stadium both times.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2016, 07:57 PM)Wyche Wrote:  I've told you TWO dozen times (and provided links on the mothership....lest everyone else here forgets) that Piano Man is invited out of convenience to a seminar held in......CINCINNATI....moreso than he is some coveted warlock of o line play.

You have made that claim, but there is no truth to it.  

And repeating it does not make it any more true.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2016, 08:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You have made that claim, but there is no truth to it.  

And repeating it does not make it any more true.

My claims are just as true as your claims....and I posted rosters from the COOL lineups to back mine.

Ours are both subjective....I add common sense to mine....you use cherry picked stats for yours.  Truth is somewhere in between.  Piano Man is very average....and average don't hoist Lombardis.

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2016, 07:57 PM)Wyche Wrote:  I could coach a unit with all high round draft picks. 

Yeah, right.  Sure you could.  You could have made decent players from Jason Smith, Ebben Britton, Gabe Carimi, Derek Sherrod, Luke Joeckle, Danny Watkins, and Jonathan Cooper because you are so much smarter than all those NFL position coaches.  

There have been over 90 O-linemen taken in the first two rounds since '09, so why doesn't every single team in the league have a great O-line if it does not require any coaching to make them good?
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2016, 08:54 PM)Wyche Wrote: I add common sense to mine....you use cherry picked stats for yours. 

Common sense says that an O-line coaching seminar would not ask an incompetent coach to be a presenter.

How do you explain Sports Illustrated doing a feature article of PA?  Does your "common sense" tell you that that just picked a suck ass position coach to be the subject of a feature story?  And all the people quoted in the story are just dumbasses who don't know as much as you?
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2016, 09:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yeah, right.  Sure you could.  You could have made decent players from Jason Smith, Ebben Britton, Gabe Carimi, Derek Sherrod, Luke Joeckle, Danny Watkins, and Jonathan Cooper because you are so much smarter than all those NFL position coaches.  

There have been over 90 O-linemen taken in the first two rounds since '09, so why doesn't every single team in the league have a great O-line if it does not require any coaching to make them good?

Hyperbole is lost on you....

(09-21-2016, 09:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Common sense says that an O-line coaching seminar would not ask an incompetent coach to be a presenter.

How do you explain Sports Illustrated doing a feature article of PA?  Does your "common sense" tell you that that just picked a suck ass position coach to be the subject of a feature story?  And all the people quoted in the story are just dumbasses who don't know as much as you?

LMAO....that article is 2/3 about Mudd, Scarnecchia, Wylie, and "Rad" most of the remaining 1/3 about McNally and COOL....and then a snipet on Piano Man because....again.....he's the current and LOCAL NFL guy.  He's so....blah.

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2016, 09:31 AM)Wyche Wrote: Your love affair with Ludwig Van is FAR more creepy fred.....rest assured.

Good for DreK, after four years in the league, the light has come on it seems.  He's playing better this season, and I said as much in bfine's thread about the "whipping boys".  I guess he's been on the "Margus Hunt Learning Curve"?  That, or it's a contract year, take your pick.  However, the same can't be said for our sieve of an o line and your "vaunted" love interest.

Hilarious

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote