Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power Rankings are click bait
Dropping the Patsies to #5 based on what might happen due to injuries? Come on man! This looks like a blatant attempt to generate controversy and drive traffic to their site. Sure drop them to #2, but wait and see what happens this week before dropping them like a rock. I mean they took Denver to OT, despite all sorts of setbacks and horrible weather.

I like how they have us over the Cards though, that has to chap some AZ fan ass. lol

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pat-kirwan/25396840/nfl-power-rankings-panthers-take-over-top-spot-but-can-they-hold-it
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
It's not really "click-bait". They say exactly what it is in the title. It's their power rankings. If you hold their opinion to a high regard, you're gonna read it.

It's not like their BuzzFeed where it's like "This girl opens her mouth and you won't BELIEVE what comes out of it".

And that's all there is to the title. Don't know if she's gonna sing, swear, or say some crazy political thing.
Reply/Quote
Pertaining to his rankings, it's hard to disagree. The Patriots lost a lot on Sunday. Plus, that defense struggled to stop the run and lose to essentially a rookie quarterback who's played one time before.

And the Cardinals struggled against a Blaine Gabbert led team.
Reply/Quote
PFT also had us ahead of the Cards. Their fans are butt-hurt, but losing by 3 on the road is basically a draw (for the sake of power rankings). Whoever had that game at home would've won. Then we followed that up with a 31-7 pasting of the Rams while the Cards looked sluggish against the 49ers.

So basically I can see why some sites have us 1 spot ahead.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2015, 02:23 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Pertaining to his rankings, it's hard to disagree. The Patriots lost a lot on Sunday. Plus, that defense struggled to stop the run and lose to essentially a rookie quarterback who's played one time before.

And the Cardinals struggled against a Blaine Gabbert led team.

I just disagree with dropping the Patriots further than the #2 spot based on one very closely contested loss on the road against a great team in the snow, with injuries and horrible calls working agains them. 

As for the Cards struggling against a Blaine Gabbert team, that was a division game on the road. We lost to the what's his name led Texans in our house.

If I'm being objective, I can't help but see their rankings as garbage and likely intentionally controversial.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
This thread click baited me
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2015, 03:04 AM)Utts Wrote: I just disagree with dropping the Patriots further than the #2 spot based on one very closely contested loss on the road against a great team in the snow, with injuries and horrible calls working agains them. 

As for the Cards struggling against a Blaine Gabbert team, that was a division game on the road. We lost to the what's his name led Texans in our house.

If I'm being objective, I can't help but see their rankings as garbage and likely intentionally controversial.

You mean something more like this??

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000592115/article/nfl-power-rankings-week-13-carolina-panthers-claim-no-1

Some people hate Elliot Harrison, but I tend to think he is actually a pretty good analyst. For instance check out what he said about the Bengals in the preseason rankings.

"As we head into Week 1 of the preseason, everyone is going to want to know if the Bengals will be bungling yet another playoff game come January. Bear in mind, however, that Cincinnati was loaded with the walking wounded during that playoff loss to the Colts last season, much like the Chiefs in that crazy wild-card game in the 2013 playoffs. It's hard to win when Andy Dalton is throwing the ball to big-time targets like Ryan Hewitt, Kevin Brock and Rex Burkhead. On that note, methinks tight end Tyler Eifert's return to health will be a huge boost to the prospects of both Dalton and the team."

(We were ranked 10 in his power rankings during the preseason, when this was written).
Reply/Quote
Well, the Broncos staying at 5 isn't what I had envisioned when they beat the Pats. I was joking in another thread that I hoped the Broncos beat the Pats and everyone would fall in love with them only to have the Bengals take them down.

Panthers deserve the top spot. This isn't college and you don't get to whine about strength of schedule.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2015, 04:04 AM)Killachubs Wrote: This thread click baited me

Hilarious
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote