Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Power rankings. NFL.com #3 ESPN #8
Yes, I know power rankings mean nothing but how can ESPN rank the Chiefs, who we beat, and the Dolphins, who we beat, ahead of us and rank them #8? Disrespect from whoever does those rankings. It can't be people like Orlovsky or Ryan Clark because those guys seem to love the Bengals. And to make it worse that was the same spot they had them in last week. They beat the Chiefs and can't move up?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35147423/2022-nfl-week-14-power-rankings-1-32-poll-team-stats

NFL.com has them at #3.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-power-rankings-week-14-2022-nfl-season
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Half the people on ESPN love the Bengals and the other half hate the Bengals. It's bizarre.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I was just listening to Cowherd and he has us 2nd behind Philly.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 03:28 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Yes, I know power rankings mean nothing but how can ESPN rank the Chiefs, who we beat, and the Dolphins, who we beat, ahead of us and rank them #8? Disrespect from whoever does those rankings. It can't be people like Orlovsky or Ryan Clark because those guys seem to love the Bengals. And to make it worse that was the same spot they had them in last week. They beat the Chiefs and can't move up?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35147423/2022-nfl-week-14-power-rankings-1-32-poll-team-stats

NFL.com has them at #3.

For me, it's not that the number (8 or 3) is that important. Are we 3 (might be a touch high given Philly, Minny, Dallas, Buffalo, & KC all have better records and we are #2 in our division) or that #8 is outrageously low (though almost certainly a spot or two). 

It is that the ESPN list (like most of their stuff that is not Zach Lowe NBA stuff) shows no evidence of "thought" at all. The Dolphins lose to the 49ers (and their backup QB) and don't move down. The 49ers get a great win, but loose their starting QB for the year....and don't move down. We beat the #1 team in the league (for the third time in a row) and don't move up? 

Stop going to ESPN, they don't deserve clicks. 
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 03:42 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Half the people on ESPN love the Bengals and the other half hate the Bengals. It's bizarre.

That does seem to be the case. 
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 03:28 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Yes, I know power rankings mean nothing but how can ESPN rank the Chiefs, who we beat, and the Dolphins, who we beat, ahead of us and rank them #8? Disrespect from whoever does those rankings. It can't be people like Orlovsky or Ryan Clark because those guys seem to love the Bengals. And to make it worse that was the same spot they had them in last week. They beat the Chiefs and can't move up?

NFL.com has them at #3.

8 is too low, but saying we beat the Dolphins would be like if the Dolphins bragged about beating the Bengals when Brandon Allen was playing. We beat the Teddy Bridgewater Dolphins. The Dolphins are 8-1 when Tua is starting and not leaking his brain out of his ears. That's not to say we can't beat the Dolphins, but we wouldn't be bragging about beating the Chiefs if they had Chad Henne in the game, lol.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 03:46 PM)Goalpost Wrote: I was just listening to Cowherd and he has us 2nd behind Philly.

When Andy was the Bengals QB CC grudgingly ranked them high (during the playoff years). But now that we have an elite QB he loves us. He loves elite QBs.
Reply/Quote
I'd say the funniest part is that it says we were #8 last week, so we beat the #1 team from last week and don't move up.
Reply/Quote
Good or bad, I want nothing to do with ESPN. There are too many good sports sites to have to put up with their constant politicization of everything, their awful on-air personalities, and their obsession with seriously covering 3-4 teams or popular players. I go out of my way to avoid them at all costs. The only reason I end up on ESPN is if they have some exclusive broadcasting or coverage rights, and even then I'll watch another channel right up until game time.
Reply/Quote

NFL.com has them at #3.

It looks like ESPN does their Power Rankings like the AP top 25 does college football rankings. If a team wins, they stay where they are, or they go up. And if a team loses, they don't tumble all the way down the rankings, especially if the teams directly below them lose too. 

I think NFL does it the right way. Power Rankings should be an expression of which teams are playing the best and have the best chance of competing for the Super Bowl. I would not take Dallas, Minnesota, Miami or San Francisco over Cincinnati when it comes to determining who is playing the best right now and projected to play well moving forward.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 03:46 PM)Goalpost Wrote: I was just listening to Cowherd and he has us 2nd behind Philly.

The wins against TEN and KC have really gotten people to believe (again).
Cowherd has been traditionally a Bengal hater, so for him to have the Bengals at 2 is really saying something.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
FWIW CBSsports.com has us #6.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/powerrankings/

PFT NBCsports has us #7.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/12/06/pfts-week-14-2022-nfl-power-rankings/
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 05:03 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The wins against TEN and KC have really gotten people to believe (again).
Cowherd has been traditionally a Bengal hater, so for him to have the Bengals at 2 is really saying something.

He’s been more of a Bengals supporter since he’s started his partnership weekly podcast with Burrow. I’m sure many feel he favors us because of it, which he probably does, but right now, he’s being proven right.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 03:51 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 8 is too low, but saying we beat the Dolphins would be like if the Dolphins bragged about beating the Bengals when Brandon Allen was playing. We beat the Teddy Bridgewater Dolphins. The Dolphins are 8-1 when Tua is starting and not leaking his brain out of his ears. That's not to say we can't beat the Dolphins, but we wouldn't be bragging about beating the Chiefs if they had Chad Henne in the game, lol.

It’s not like he didn’t play in that game. He was in for 24 mins. Was losing when he got hurt, and had 0 TD’s and 1 INT with a rating of 52.7. Teddy actually played better than Tua that night. In reality, we beat them with Tua, then when he went down we beat them with Teddy. If you reset the score for each QB we win both times.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 03:42 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Half the people on ESPN love the Bengals and the other half hate the Bengals. It's bizarre.

Half just love to call them Bungles and can't get over the teams they had TWENTY FIVE FRIGGIN YEARS AGO.  And the other half have seen the Bengals the last couple years and know they really have something.  So, in other words, one group is dumb, the other is smart.  
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 11:51 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: It’s not like he didn’t play in that game. He was in for 24 mins. Was losing when he got hurt, and had 0 TD’s and 1 INT with a rating of 52.7. Teddy actually played better than Tua that night. In reality, we beat them with Tua, then when he went down we beat them with Teddy. If you reset the score for each QB we win both times.

Quote:when Tua is starting and not leaking his brain out of his ears.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2022, 10:17 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Half just love to call them Bungles and can't get over the teams they had TWENTY FIVE FRIGGIN YEARS AGO.  And the other half have seen the Bengals the last couple years and know they really have something.  So, in other words, one group is dumb, the other is smart.  

The dumb group didn't study the Bengals during the week for years. They were easy to tell, like Keyshawn or Skip Bayless, because they had the same stock answer every week. "Sure they're playing good now, but what's gonna happen in the playoffs? When they do something in January, then I'll be a believer. Until then . . ." until his 30 second segment about the upcoming Bengals vs ______ game is over and the host moves on to the next game on the lineup.

Now, instead of studying 31 teams and mailing it in on Cincinnati, they have to actually watch film and give fresh opinions. It's why I've always respected Peter Schrager's coverage of the Bengals, it's always well done and not mailed in long before he was a regular on the NFL Network. He would always tell Colin Cowherd positive stories when Cowherd would rip Cincinnati.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 05:14 PM)cinci4life Wrote: FWIW CBSsports.com has us #6.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/powerrankings/

I think, as of now, 6 is the perfect spot for us. I can see why anyone outside of Cincinnati would rank all those other teams ahead of us.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2022, 11:30 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: The dumb group didn't study the Bengals during the week for years. They were easy to tell, like Keyshawn or Skip Bayless, because they had the same stock answer every week. "Sure they're playing good now, but what's gonna happen in the playoffs? When they do something in January, then I'll be a believer. Until then . . ." until his 30 second segment about the upcoming Bengals vs ______ game is over and the host moves on to the next game on the lineup.

Now, instead of studying 31 teams and mailing it in on Cincinnati, they have to actually watch film and give fresh opinions. It's why I've always respected Peter Schrager's coverage of the Bengals, it's always well done and not mailed in long before he was a regular on the NFL Network. He would always tell Colin Cowherd positive stories when Cowherd would rip Cincinnati.

Ditto with Kay Adams.  Man, do I miss her.  She responded to a tweet I put out a few days ago, so I guess I am famous now?  Haha.  My friends were like:   "DUDE!  KAY ADAMS RESPONDED TO YOU!"  I don't think that means she would go out with me or anything, but its better than nothing.

But I seriously loved seeing Kay rock a Who Dey shirt.  
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2022, 10:20 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Ditto with Kay Adams.  Man, do I miss her.  She responded to a tweet I put out a few days ago, so I guess I am famous now?  Haha.  My friends were like:   "DUDE!  KAY ADAMS RESPONDED TO YOU!"  I don't think that means she would go out with me or anything, but its better than nothing.

But I seriously loved seeing Kay rock a Who Dey shirt.  
I saw a youtube video of her talking about the Cin-KC game and she was glowing with Bengal Pride.

As much as I hate social media, it is pretty cool when a celebrity responds to you or someone you know because you feel happy for them.

I made a comment on an old concert flyer posted on Facebook about a guitarist in a band that was the opener of a four band concert headlined by Ratt. I said, "As much as I love Warren DeMartini's playing, Pat MacManus was the best guitarist on the stage that night and it's not even close.". Stephen Pearcy, the lead singer of Ratt, just gave it a simple thumbs up emoji and, while I dug it, some of my friends saw it and freaked out about it. "Dude, that's like getting an autograph!"
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote