Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Practice Squad
Waiver wire closes at noon,  practice squad signings can start at 1PM.  Players claimed on waivers can not be placed on the practice squad.  The Bengals are 11th in the waiver line up.  The Cards and Jets (#1 and 3) are expected to be active in claiming.  The Bengals can place 11 players on the PS as long as the 11th player is part of the international development program otherwise it is only 10.  More than half the squad is likely to be made up of players we cut ourselves.

I am thinking we will possible see  
WR Ventell Bryant,   
LB Deshaun Davis,  
TE Shreck or Franks (though I suspect one or both won't clear waivers), turns out we signed both
RB Jordan Ellis,
OL Brad Lundblade,
CB Davontae Harris
OL Keaton Sutherland
CB KeiVarae Russell

Now you see why I'm not a GM

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Not sure if Russell has PS eligibility. I would add Stanley Morgan, Jr as well. He is kind of a swiss army knife that can be developed to be a backup ST and a slot WR. I think they really liked Quinten Flowers and he showed very well is his final preseason game. He can also do a lot of the "little details", like pick up a blitz.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 10:24 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Not sure if Russell has PS eligibility.  I would add Stanley Morgan, Jr as well.  He is kind of a swiss army knife that can be developed to be a backup ST and a slot WR.  I think they really liked Quinten Flowers and he showed very well is his final preseason game.  He can also do a lot of the "little details", like pick up a blitz.

KeiVarae Russell only has 2 accrued seasons which makes him eligible as one of the veteran signings.  If he had played one more game in 2016 he wouldn't be

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 10:34 AM)pally Wrote: KeiVarae Russell only has 2 accrued seasons which makes him eligible as one of the veteran signings.  If he had played one more game in 2016 he wouldn't be

I like Russell...he seemed to drive Marvin Lewis crazy because he would struggle in practice but make plays in games...The Ryan Finley of the secondary?   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 10:24 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Not sure if Russell has PS eligibility.  I would add Stanley Morgan, Jr as well.  He is kind of a swiss army knife that can be developed to be a backup ST and a slot WR.  I think they really liked Quinten Flowers and he showed very well is his final preseason game.  He can also do a lot of the "little details", like pick up a blitz.

Flowers signing with Colts PS...looks like his game 4 performance helped him here

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 02:08 PM)pally Wrote: Flowers signing with Colts PS...looks like his game 4 performance helped him here

He lived a tough life. Glad he made a practice squad. I wanted him here, but happy for him.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
signed
OT Wyatt Miller, Central Florida, 23, 6'4" 307lbs spent camp with Jets

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 02:17 PM)pally Wrote: signed
OT Wyatt Miller, Central Florida, 23, 6'4" 307lbs  spent camp with Jets

Signed with the Jets as a UDFA.
Reply/Quote
Here's Miller's draft profile:

Miller has been a stalwart on the line for UCF during their mega-successful run over the past two seasons. He was voted second-team All-American Athletic Conference as a junior and senior, though he started at right tackle for all 13 games in 2017 and left tackle in 2018. Miller started all 13 games at right tackle as a sophomore, as well, and started eight games as a redshirt freshman. He played baseball, football (All-Region as a senior), and basketball at Coffee High School in Douglas, Georgia.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 02:32 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Here's Miller's draft profile:

Miller has been a stalwart on the line for UCF during their mega-successful run over the past two seasons. He was voted second-team All-American Athletic Conference as a junior and senior, though he started at right tackle for all 13 games in 2017 and left tackle in 2018. Miller started all 13 games at right tackle as a sophomore, as well, and started eight games as a redshirt freshman. He played baseball, football (All-Region as a senior), and basketball at Coffee High School in Douglas, Georgia.

I like ole Wyatt. Smirk
Reply/Quote
No C. Kirk Barron?
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 02:29 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Signed with the Jets as a UDFA.

Apparently, he was on our radar pre draft as well

Reply/Quote
Practice squad released

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-establish-practice-squad

Quote:The Bengals today signed nine players to the practice squad:

◦TE Moritz Böhringer (first-year player, Aalen [Germany])
◦CB Anthony Chesley (rookie, Coastal Carolina)
◦LB Noah Dawkins (rookie, The Citadel)
◦HB Jordan Ellis (rookie, Virginia)
◦TE Jordan Franks (second-year player, Central Florida)
◦S Trayvon Henderson (second-year player, Hawaii)
◦WR Stanley Morgan (rookie, Nebraska)
◦TE Mason Schreck (third-year player, Buffalo)
◦G Keaton Sutherland (rookie, Texas A&M)

2 more spots open. 1 spot sounds like it's the OT from the JETS

Hopefully Bryant gets the other spot.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Stanley Morgan Tweeted a #WhoDey an hour or so ago. I'm guessing that means he is being signed to the practice squad which isnt a surprise.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
2 openings still....probably Malone or Nickerson if they clear waivers or whatever player gets released when we sign another LB

and Wyatt Miller didn't make the cut after all

Reply/Quote
No Bryant? Sad
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 04:38 PM)jj22 Wrote: Practice squad released

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-establish-practice-squad

2 more spots open. 1 spot sounds like it's the OT from the JETS

Hopefully Bryant gets the other spot.

Noah Dawkins over Deshaun Davis? Dawkins barely got any time in the preseason...he is very very fast though lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 04:43 PM)Synric Wrote: Noah Dawkins over Deshaun Davis? Dawkins barely got any time in the preseason...he is very very fast though lol.

I loved the Davis pick in the draft. Great young man, but the light never came on for him here. Those who criticized the pcik because he was slow were right. Not a play-maker at this level.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
I thought we would see Devonte Harris but Denver is signing him to their 53

Reply/Quote