Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Practice Squad - Players (From the Armchair) who have earned a spot...
One of the good thing that came out of Covid was the additional practice squad spots. Including some for veteran players. After minicamp, ota's, training camp, and now 2 preseason games. I'm hoping we are a little more diverse in our practice squad, signing players we ideally were able to scout during preseason games (why those games are important). We kept many of our own last year, and I think we can keep some of our own this year. Some players I think earned a spot (if not claimed).

Trayvon Henderson - He's been around awhile surviving two coaching staffs as an undrafted rookie. I think he has a chance to make it over Allen who I haven't seen in the defense, and should have to show something game 3 to make the squad over a younger player who knows the system and plays special teams. As of now, Hobspin sounds like Allen's spot is solidified. So practice squad again it is for Henderson hopefully.

Keandre Jones - I think Jones may have outplayed Bachie. Just barely. Bachie came back down to earth last week. Will he survive the wire? Doesn't sound like it given there were multiple claims for him. Jones could sneak on if they keep 6 lb's. I think they'll keep 5, but we need the depth and may need a couple more spots on the practice squad dedicated to linebackers.

Winston Rose - He's outplayed Apple who we haven't seen and has some suspect tape, you'd like to see him play some to confirm that isn't what we are getting. The 6th cb spot should be wide open (Davis makes it). Apple should have had to play before being handed a spot. I'm not sold his spot is solidified, but something tells me it is.

Mike Thomas - I think they claim a wideout. One that can eat into some of Chase's planned 120 targets if the drops persist. Thomas can be upgraded. We've seen his ceiling. The 5th and 6th spot is wide open, and no one has pulled away with either spot.

Renell Wren - Didn't do enough to warrant a spot given he needed to really have a good camp to make it as is. Still worthy of development.

Khahil McKenzie - I saw flashes in the little camp video we got. I think the line improved when he was called up to play late last season. He wasn't great, but it felt like it helped against the run.

Drew Chrisman - Any moment now Huber's play is going to fall off a cliff and fast. We have to be prepared. Same with LS.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I’d be very surprised if Mike Thomas doesn’t make the team. That’s Zac’s guy (from LA).

Reply/Quote
He has a rapport with Burrow too. But ball security is an issue (and was last year), and I don't think he is reliable as a factor on offense. He is good on teams. So he'll likely make it by default. Those last 2 spots could be upgraded. Unfortunately, players I had high hopes for Scotty Washington/Pooka Williams/Morgan didn't snatch the spot.

Players like Irvin or Taylor may make the team if you just trying to give the spot away....

Reply/Quote
Irvin for PS? After last week I'm not sure he makes the roster. We could probably hide him on the PS. He dropped a gimme first down and then had the fumble on the goaline that was called back on a hit to the head.
Reply/Quote
Irvin like Henderson have had multiple runs on the practice squad. I can see it. Freedom got picked up pretty quick. I had him pegged for a spot.

Reply/Quote
Updating as I now think Thomas is a lock to make the team.

Reply/Quote
Hope we can get Henderson, Patrick, Bachie, Rose and Moss on the PS.

Rose had some damn good pass breakups against the Phins.
Reply/Quote