Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Practice Squad/ Waiver rules
Waiver
1) Players with less than 3 seasons who are cut must go onto the waiver claim list. This includes players that the team may want to sign back the next day after placing someone else on IR.

2) Teams can put in a claim for a player. For the first 5 games, the teams claim in pre-trade draft order from the previous season. The Bengals are 31st in line. That puts relying on winning waiver claims to get cut players on really shaky ground.

3) Players claimed via waiver must be placed on the 53 roster

4) Players with 4 or more seasons, are released outright and become immediate free agents. They can sign with any team. Kevin Huber is the only Bengal at risk of not making the team who would become a free agent

Practice Squad
1) Players can be signed to the Practice Squad beginning noon on Wed Aug 31.

2) Teams can sign up to 16 players. 10 unvested players which mean they have 3 or fewer seasons. Additionally, 6 vested veterans can be signed to the squad. Vested veterans have played 4 or more seasons.

3) EVERY unsigned player is eligible for the PS under these rules. Tom Brady would be PS eligible if he was out on the street

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Sounds like a good time to target some guys who are about to get cut with some of your guys who are about to get cut and offer some player-for-player change-of-scenery trades, a-la David Jones for Reggie Nelson or Orien Harris for Brian Leonard.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Thanks for the 411, but Always gotta disagree with something:

I don't think Huber is the only vested player in danger of getting cut. I'll all but guarantee Noah Spence is gone and I think there's a chance The Safety Michael Thomas and Treyveon Williams don't make the final 53
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't like our chances of getting any waiver wire steals this year. Hopefully we can find a solid upgrade from Spain to lock down for a year on the market. Otherwise we should sign him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2022, 11:54 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Thanks for the 411, but Always gotta disagree with something:

I don't think Huber is the only vested player in danger of getting cut. I'll all but guarantee Noah Spence is gone and I think there's a chance The Safety Michael Thomas and Treyveon Williams don't make the final 53

I forgot about Spence but I don't think the other 2 are going anyplace but we shall see

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote