Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Practice in Dayton Yesterday ATTN: Vigilantes!
I took my 7 year old son with me to the practice yesterday held in West Carrollton.  Unbelievable weather, it was just perfect. It was a really outstanding practice and living in the Dayton region, I LOVE that the team comes up here once in a blue moon so we can see the guys practice without having to go all the way down to PBS.  It was very family friendly and overall I was really impressed with the whole thing.  Well organized and it appeared everyone in attendance had a great time!  Did anybody else go yesterday?  If so, what were your thoughts on the event?

Also, of possibly greater importance, especially to the Vigilantes:   My son and I sat on the side of the field where the defensive players were signing autographs after practice.  We got a bunch of LB autographs, including Nick Vigil.  He signed both our football and my son's shirt sleeve.  He is a HELLUVA nice guy.  I liked him as a pick coming out of the draft, but am really really impressed with him after yesterday's brief encounter.  He took a TON of time to sign stuff for people.  He was literally about the very last player on the defensive side out there trying to sign every single thing people gave him.  While he was in front of us, I took a moment to address with him two things.  1)  Since Burfict didn't make the trip up to Dayton yesterday, I wanted to make sure that he had appointed someone else on the D to call him 'Luke'.  He laughed pretty good and assured me that there were a few guys that call him that.  So that was pretty cool. 
But the most important part of this post is this:  I asked him if he was aware that he has already become somewhat of a cult hero among die-hard Bengal fans, particularly on our message board here.  I informed him that this group of fans of his had called themselves 'the vigilantes'.  He was completely unaware that this was happening, but had a huge grin on his face (and honestly looked almost sheepish about it)  but said "really!?  That's pretty awesome!"

So I know I didn't jump on the bandwagon in the last thread and go find a Chuck Norris joke, and insert Nick Vigil's name in there to become one of the 'vigilantes' but I wanted to let everyone know that Nick now officially knows there is a group of Vigilantes out there that are HUGE fans of his.  In lieu of going down the Chuck Norris joke road, I wanted to formally petition my interaction with Nick yesterday to be admissible for me to join the Vigilantes.  However, if I must use a Chuck Norris joke superlative, so be it...
Reply/Quote
Yeah I went to the practice too. I got a picture if Nick Vigil holding my daughter. I'm not big on getting things signed, but I live getting pictures with players when I can. I know the star players usually get swarmed at these things. So I knew I was aiming for Nick Vigil.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
My son's bedroom is literally covered wall to wall with fatheads, bed sheets are Bengals, he has a Bengals wall clock. So we put all of his autographed Bengals footballs in his room to add to the décor. I am super jealous of my son's room LOL I had already consumed enough of Nick's time with the small talk we had, and completely forgot to get my phone out to do the same thing you did, but that's awesome though. Dude is really good with the fans. Hope he stays that way once he becomes a perennial pro-bowler and top-tier LBer (which is to say after this season LOL) I think he will though. He was probably the highlight of our day. Close second was Carlos Dansby
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2016, 11:08 AM)jonesy84 Wrote: My son's bedroom is literally covered wall to wall with fatheads, bed sheets are Bengals, he has a Bengals wall clock. So we put all of his autographed Bengals footballs in his room to add to the décor. I am super jealous of my son's room LOL I had already consumed enough of Nick's time with the small talk we had, and completely forgot to get my phone out to do the same thing you did, but that's awesome though. Dude is really good with the fans. Hope he stays that way once he becomes a perennial pro-bowler and top-tier LBer (which is to say after this season LOL) I think he will though. He was probably the highlight of our day. Close second was Carlos Dansby

Yeah... He seemed like a good guy. I also got her picture taken with Geno. That one is actually better. She's 9 months old, and he's just massive.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2016, 10:52 AM)jonesy84 Wrote: I took my 7 year old son with me to the practice yesterday held in West Carrollton.  Unbelievable weather, it was just perfect. It was a really outstanding practice and living in the Dayton region, I LOVE that the team comes up here once in a blue moon so we can see the guys practice without having to go all the way down to PBS.  It was very family friendly and overall I was really impressed with the whole thing.  Well organized and it appeared everyone in attendance had a great time!  Did anybody else go yesterday?  If so, what were your thoughts on the event?

Also, of possibly greater importance, especially to the Vigilantes:   My son and I sat on the side of the field where the defensive players were signing autographs after practice.  We got a bunch of LB autographs, including Nick Vigil.  He signed both our football and my son's shirt sleeve.  He is a HELLUVA nice guy.  I liked him as a pick coming out of the draft, but am really really impressed with him after yesterday's brief encounter.  He took a TON of time to sign stuff for people.  He was literally about the very last player on the defensive side out there trying to sign every single thing people gave him.  While he was in front of us, I took a moment to address with him two things.  1)  Since Burfict didn't make the trip up to Dayton yesterday, I wanted to make sure that he had appointed someone else on the D to call him 'Luke'.  He laughed pretty good and assured me that there were a few guys that call him that.  So that was pretty cool. 
But the most important part of this post is this:  I asked him if he was aware that he has already become somewhat of a cult hero among die-hard Bengal fans, particularly on our message board here.  I informed him that this group of fans of his had called themselves 'the vigilantes'.  He was completely unaware that this was happening, but had a huge grin on his face (and honestly looked almost sheepish about it)  but said "really!?  That's pretty awesome!"

So I know I didn't jump on the bandwagon in the last thread and go find a Chuck Norris joke, and insert Nick Vigil's name in there to become one of the 'vigilantes' but I wanted to let everyone know that Nick now officially knows there is a group of Vigilantes out there that are HUGE fans of his.  In lieu of going down the Chuck Norris joke road, I wanted to formally petition my interaction with Nick yesterday to be admissible for me to join the Vigilantes.  However, if I must use a Chuck Norris joke superlative, so be it...

Really???  And I suppose when you "Vigilantes" are not watching football you're "Beliebers" as well??? Hilarious I can't believe you actually asked him those two questions.....
Reply/Quote
I would have told Vigil so many other things.

I woulda been like "Hey, Lemme tell you about the night we drafted you. Everyone was like WHO THE F*** are you. Then we all checked out your twitter and you became a hero. Does this ring a bell Nick? 'I wonder what Beyoncé smells like'. We were highly disappointed when your twitter was suddenly missing a day or two later."
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2016, 11:51 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I would have told Vigil so many other things.

I woulda been like "Hey, Lemme tell you about the night we drafted you. Everyone was like WHO THE F*** are you. Then we all checked out your twitter and you became a hero. Does this ring a bell Nick? 'I wonder what Beyoncé smells like'. We were highly disappointed when your twitter was suddenly missing a day or two later."

Like Nick Vigil doesn't know what Beyoncé smells like.....

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2016, 12:19 PM)jason Wrote: Like Nick Vigil doesn't know what Beyoncé smells like.....

I stand by my comment from that day. No way Beyoncé smells good
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote