Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Practicing with the Rams
(08-25-2022, 05:11 PM)pally Wrote:

Garrett got what 4-6 games for swinging and connecting with one helmet? Donald using 2 helmets should get double for that crap.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 04:56 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I love the fighting because it shows intensity, energy, and players having their teammates' backs!

They called the practice but Taylor said they put in a good two days worth of practices, so I'm happy!

Flip side shows lack of composure, selfishness . You don't have to fight to so grit..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I've always kind of hated joint practices. Seems things always get too heated. I thought since there was no tackling this one may have been different but guys in the trenches still going full. I'm glad no one got hurt.

From the sound of things Collins may have started things off by removing Floyd's helmet? I'm really hoping for nothing to come of this besides maybe fines.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 06:11 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I've always kind of hated joint practices. Seems things always get too heated. I thought since there was no tackling this one may have been different but guys in the trenches still going full. I'm glad no one got hurt.

From the sound of things Collins may have started things off by removing Floyd's helmet? I'm really hoping for nothing to come of this besides maybe fines.

I'm a fan of joint practices it's good to get players out vs new guys and new schemes. Especially since Taylor isn't big on playing his starters in the pre-season makes it even more important.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 06:32 PM)Synric Wrote: I'm a fan of joint practices it's good to get players out vs new guys and new schemes. Especially since Taylor isn't big on playing his starters in the pre-season makes it even more important.

Yeah I guess that part of it is really good. I just seem to remember in that past hearing about injuries from other teams joint practices. But everyone is healthy and I do think our oline got some good work done these last two days.
Reply/Quote
This isn’t unique. Nobody got hurt and they got good practices in. Nobody should be suspended.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 04:55 PM)Synric Wrote: The tweets are getting pretty funny LC throwing haymakers at Leonard Floyd. Aaron Donald pulling a Myles Garrett and trying to hit people with his helmet.

I was a big fan of bringing in La'el Collins but if he gets another suspension for fighting on the field this season it could be up to 4-6 games because he was suspended for the same thing last season.

When was he suspended for fighting last season?  He was ejected for a punch taking up for Dak on a late hit but wasnt suspended for that one...?

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 06:11 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I've always kind of hated joint practices. Seems things always get too heated. I thought since there was no tackling this one may have been different but guys in the trenches still going full. I'm glad no one got hurt.

There won't even be fines. Shefter said that in practices, the teams are responsible for the players behavior and no one is suspending or fining their own players.. Dudes have fist fought in training camp and nothing ever happens..
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 05:44 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Well, I don't know about that......Deshaun?  Ben?  You guys wanna comment on your off-the-clock activities and the NFL's reach? Hilarious

First damn thing I thought when I read about practices and NFL discipline.

“Hey guys, remember to use drugs and assault women on the practice field because it doesn’t count there!”
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 05:44 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Well, I don't know about that......Deshaun?  Ben?  You guys wanna comment on your off-the-clock activities and the NFL's reach? Hilarious

Exactly, not like a player can go around in practice and start stabbing people or somethin' cause it is off limits to the NFL...

LMAO

(08-25-2022, 06:00 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Honestly, I feel different with this than a game. Practices are always so chippy, and the coaches control the situation. Where as a game, refs are supposed to control it. I could see a fine but I wouldn’t be surprised if no one was suspended.

Nothing will happen cause we aren't the Steelers.

(08-25-2022, 06:03 PM)Au165 Wrote: They 100% do as it’s criminal behavior. When Myles Garrett did this there was a lot of discussion on if the local DA would charge him. Even though this occurred during a sporting activity it’s beyond the acknowledged violence of said event there for making it potentially criminal. Because of that it falls under the leagues personal conduct policy.

Think about this, if someone at softball practice tonight for your beer league team got in an argument and started swinging a bat you think police show up? Of course which is why people acting like this is not a big deal are blinded by being star struck.

All true but nothing will happen cause we aren't the Steelers...
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 07:45 PM)casear2727 Wrote: When was he suspended for fighting last season?  He was ejected for a punch taking up for Dak on a late hit but wasnt suspended for that one...?

Good question Casear and welcome back...

Cannot call Fred a DH in every post evidently lol
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 04:55 PM)Synric Wrote: The tweets are getting pretty funny LC throwing haymakers at Leonard Floyd. Aaron Donald pulling a Myles Garrett and trying to hit people with his helmet.

I was a big fan of bringing in La'el Collins but if he gets another suspension for fighting on the field this season it could be up to 4-6 games because he was suspended for the same thing last season.

I thought he was suspended for the dirty piss test?

Reply/Quote
BTW, just saw the deep 50 yard TD pass from Burrow to Chase and it was insane!!!

Also just watched James Rapien's take and he said Burrow was looking great throwing on the run.

Must be back from the appendectomy which was my only concern going into the season.

Look out, this team is ready to make some major noise early unlike last year when our starting QB and Center were
all banged up along with missing Ossai and others for the opener against the Vikes. The Stealers I am sure will play
better than I think as they don't want to get embarrassed again like they were last season but if our guys are healthy
and we are really wanting to run it on them I could see it looking even worse than last year for the Stealers.

Regardless of Kenny Pickett having a fine Preseason, it is the Preseason.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 07:45 PM)casear2727 Wrote: When was he suspended for fighting last season?  He was ejected for a punch taking up for Dak on a late hit but wasnt suspended for that one...?

You're right he was ejected. I thought he got a 1 game suspension. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I know this is a practice issue, so the league will not discipline anyone. By rule that is up to the teams to handle. WTS, will Donald ever be held accountable for his actions? Here he is swinging helmets. Multiple instances of being caught on camera trying to choke opponents. That guy needs to be sat down for some time off. He's borderline Haynesworth reincarnate.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 04:59 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Somebody put Donald on his arse while he was swinging helmets.

Whoever it was, give them a job for life.

It was McPherson!! Lol 

Donald swinging a helmet, makes him a little *****!
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 06:08 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Flip side shows lack of composure, selfishness . You don't have to fight to so grit..

Once again in English please?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 09:29 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I know this is a practice issue, so the league will not discipline anyone.  By rule that is up to the teams to handle.  WTS, will Donald ever be held accountable for his actions?  Here he is swinging helmets.  Multiple instances of being caught on camera trying to choke opponents.  That guy needs to be sat down for some time off.  He's borderline Haynesworth reincarnate.

Being declared the best Defensive player ever has made him Mr. Big Sticks evidently.

Pretty sad, I liked him early in his career. Our guys got to him is the good of all of this. We have no punks on this team.

Loved how they put him on his ass.

(08-25-2022, 10:46 PM)sandwedge Wrote: It was McPherson!! Lol 

Donald swinging a helmet, makes him a little *****!

He does look like a little sad shit acting like he is something with his Bengal helmet num-chuks LMAO!

I love this team, the Rams aren't who we are facing in the SB this year. From everything I heard we beat on them good.

Time to prepare for the Stealers, they are the most dirty of all...

But at least they can't get away with what AD did in this practice. 
Reply/Quote
Funny, is that the Rams fans are mostly agreeing that Donald went over the line. I haven’t seen very many jumping to his defense

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2022, 12:29 AM)pally Wrote: Funny, is that the Rams fans are mostly agreeing that Donald went over the line.  I haven’t seen very many jumping to his defense

Good on them. I know if I saw La'el doing that I wouldn't be liking it. I just like some fire from our OL even if he is getting
beat by a guy like Leonard Floyd who I always found to be a fantastic player. No shame in it. Work on your game La'el.

Those speed rushers have always been your problem.
Reply/Quote