Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pratt Injury?
Wasn't able to watch the game (road trip) but saw via text replay that Pratt was injured... is it anything serious?
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 10:09 AM)Tomkat Wrote: Wasn't able to watch the game (road trip) but saw via text replay that Pratt was injured... is it anything serious?

He was back out there after the injury so hopefully nothing too bad.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It looked like he landed on his shoulder. He might have just landed on the ball and got the wind knocked out of him. He was fine.
Reply/Quote
Good to hear hope he's ok.
Reply/Quote
Turner had a hand or finger injury too. Don't know if he came back in or not. He made some nice stops before he hurt it.
Reply/Quote
Just saw the replay where Pratt was injured. Kinda stupid to catch the ball there (4th down) just KNOCK IT DOWN. His INT cost the Bengals 15 yards of field position that ultimately ended up in a PUNT.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 10:49 AM)Tomkat Wrote: Just saw the replay where Pratt was injured.  Kinda stupid to catch the ball there (4th down) just KNOCK IT DOWN.  His INT cost the Bengals 15 yards of field position that ultimately ended up in a PUNT.

Perhaps, but getting that INT on the stat sheet and proving that you're worth every penny of the contract you just signed, priceless!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 10:49 AM)Tomkat Wrote: Just saw the replay where Pratt was injured.  Kinda stupid to catch the ball there (4th down) just KNOCK IT DOWN.  His INT cost the Bengals 15 yards of field position that ultimately ended up in a PUNT.

I thought the same thing... why did he catch it? Of course, if he does not catch it and just attempts to swat it down, there is always a chance the Cardinals grab it before it hits the ground and all of a sudden it's 1st down.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 10:49 AM)Tomkat Wrote: Just saw the replay where Pratt was injured. Kinda stupid to catch the ball there (4th down) just KNOCK IT DOWN. His INT cost the Bengals 15 yards of field position that ultimately ended up in a PUNT.
I'm picking that if it were me, doesn't really hurt the team and if your not Logan Wilson picks are hard to come by.
Reply/Quote
In the post game speech, Zac made some comment about Germaine having a minor shoulder injury "that he was going to recover from very quickly"

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2023, 11:53 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I thought the same thing... why did he catch it? Of course, if he does not catch it and just attempts to swat it down, there is always a chance the Cardinals grab it before it hits the ground and all of a sudden it's 1st down.

No way dude, that happens so rarely, that you cannot use it as justification for not knocking it down.
It was an individualistic, selfish move that cost the TEAM 15 yards.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2023, 12:41 PM)pally Wrote: In the post game speech, Zac made some comment about Germaine having a minor shoulder injury "that he was going to recover from very quickly"

From the way he landed and from what it looked like the training staff was palpating under his shoulder pads and jersey I’d guess an AC separation.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2023, 12:52 PM)Tomkat Wrote: No way dude, that happens so rarely, that you cannot use it as justification for not knocking it down.

Or you know just INSTINCTUAL from likely 20+ years of playing ball. In the moment, you see ball, you get ball.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2023, 01:14 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Or you know just INSTINCTUAL from likely 20+ years of playing ball.  In the moment, you see ball, you get ball.

Which means he wasn't using his brain.  I've seen MANY "high IQ" plays over the years... his wasn't one of them.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2023, 12:52 PM)Tomkat Wrote: No way dude, that happens so rarely, that you cannot use it as justification for not knocking it down.

Yeah, he should have put the game on pause, and looked around to see where all the opposing players were instead of keeping his eye on the ball. You know, like you can when you're on the couch. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2023, 12:56 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: From the way he landed and from what it looked like the training staff was palpating under his shoulder pads and jersey I’d guess an AC separation.

if that was the issue, I would find it hard to think it was more than a grade 1.  He wasn't favoring it when he was standing around after he hurt it.  
And he didn't even have ice on it in the locker room

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2023, 02:13 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Which means he wasn't using his brain.  I've seen MANY "high IQ" plays over the years... his wasn't one of them.

He was running towards the ball like he should, looked up and the ball was right there. He did what comes natural and grabbed it. It wasn’t selfish and you could see how fired up the sidelines got when he intercepted it. I didn’t see any coaches yelling at him. They were celebrating, too.
If it’s not an end zone Hail Mary then defensive players should always go after the ball when it’s in the air. It’s a good mentality to have.
Reply/Quote
Pratt is just reacting. If you are going to be upset be upset with T.Williams for not knowing his assignment. 3rd and 1 we should be able to pick that up if we execute.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2023, 02:13 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Which means he wasn't using his brain.  I've seen MANY "high IQ" plays over the years... his wasn't one of them.

Name me these high IQ plays in this situation.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2023, 03:45 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Name me these high IQ plays in this situation.

Jeezus, you really think I have a collection of bookmarks or something that I can just post on demand?  Haven't you ever watched football?
Reply/Quote