Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pratt Injury?
(10-10-2023, 02:51 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, he should have put the game on pause, and looked around to see where all the opposing players were instead of keeping his eye on the ball. You know, like you can when you're on the couch. Hilarious

Bullshit.  You don't have to "look around" to knock it straight to the ground.  This is a stupid argument.  I'm right and you're wrong, end of story.
This is also a coaching issue.  Lou should have reminded everyone, under no circumstances should they catch the ball.  Would you still be arguing with me if it had been a deep pass, and cost 50+ yards instead of 15?
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2023, 03:50 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Jeezus, you really think I have a collection of bookmarks or something that I can just post on demand?  Haven't you ever watched football?

Yes I have. For a very long time, and I can’t recall this galaxy brain move that you’re thinking of. I know it’s been talked about. But never really see it in action. I also played for a long time, and don’t recall it either.

But aside from hail Mary’s I don’t recall many people up 14 with a chance to intercept it on fourth just batting it down. Maybe they drop it, but simply bat it down? Nah.

If you’re going to make claims, you should probably back it up.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2023, 03:59 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Bullshit.  You don't have to "look around" to knock it straight to the ground.  This is a stupid argument.  I'm right and you're wrong, end of story.
This is also a coaching issue.  Lou should have reminded everyone, under no circumstances should they catch the ball.  Would you still be arguing with me if it had been a deep pass, and cost 50+ yards instead of 15?

Since we're going playground.... "Says you!"
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2023, 01:14 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Or you know just INSTINCTUAL from likely 20+ years of playing ball.  In the moment, you see ball, you get ball.

Exactly. I don't know why we're arguing about this. Picks are also demoralizing plays. Failed 4D converts are demoralizing too, don't get me wrong, but when you walk away with the ball in your hand and your team jumping all over you as you run back to the sideline on the road, there's not an opponent in the world who doesn't feel like garbage. Even fewer who stop to think, "Well at least we moved the ball up 15 yards, sucks for them." Lol 
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2023, 12:52 PM)Tomkat Wrote: No way dude, that happens so rarely, that you cannot use it as justification for not knocking it down.
It was an individualistic, selfish move that cost the TEAM 15 yards.

Totally ignorant comment. Obviously, you've never played a spoty or even been close to being in a situation like that.When you're in the moment, flying towards the ball after a deflection you have one thing in mind and that's making a PLAY. And what's the difference if he tries to knock the ball way as he still lands akward.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2023, 03:59 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Bullshit.  You don't have to "look around" to knock it straight to the ground.  This is a stupid argument.  I'm right and you're wrong, end of story.

No, Your comment is not only stupid but beyond assinine.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2023, 02:51 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, he should have put the game on pause, and looked around to see where all the opposing players were instead of keeping his eye on the ball. You know, like you can when you're on the couch. Hilarious

100% correct. It's almost like you've actually played a sport before at a level beyond just passing out the Capri sun packets.lol
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2023, 12:52 PM)Tomkat Wrote: No way dude, that happens so rarely, that you cannot use it as justification for not knocking it down.
It was an individualistic, selfish move that cost the TEAM 15 yards.

I highly doubt this was going through his head in the moment.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Call me a fence-sitter because I think their are multiple truth's with Pratt's on-field decision. Knocking it down is the right decision but I also understand an instinctual decision to catch the ball. In the moment decision-making isn't always easy.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2023, 03:08 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: He was running towards the ball like he should, looked up and the ball was right there.  He did what comes natural and grabbed it.  It wasn’t selfish and you could see how fired up the sidelines got when he intercepted it. I didn’t see any coaches yelling at him.  They were celebrating, too.
If it’s not an end zone Hail Mary then defensive players should always go after the ball when it’s in the air. It’s a good mentality to have.

Grab it? He dove where no one else was & hurt himself. He obviously forgot it was 4th down.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2023, 04:58 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Yes I have. For a very long time, and I can’t recall this galaxy brain move that you’re thinking of. I know it’s been talked about. But never really see it in action. I also played for a long time, and don’t recall it either.

But aside from hail Mary’s I don’t recall many people up 14 with a chance to intercept it on fourth just batting it down. Maybe they drop it, but simply bat it down? Nah.

If you’re going to make claims, you should probably back it up.

It was'nt just an easy pick, he made a hell of a play "DIVING" for it where there was'nt anyone else. He should'nt have in my opinion. Gotta know down & situation. I was pissed when he got hurt for no reason. I guess there are different opinions on what is considered smart plays.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2023, 12:41 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: It was'nt just an easy pick, he made a hell of a play "DIVING" for it where there was'nt anyone else. He should'nt have in my opinion. Gotta know down & situation. I was pissed when he got hurt for no reason. I guess there are different opinions on what is considered smart plays.

No one is saying it was right, all we are saying is we completely understand why he did what he did and it’s not “dumb.” It’s basic football instincts
Reply/Quote
People will ***** about anything.

Reply/Quote
First rule of Defense.

See ball, get ball
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2023, 10:05 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: No one is saying it was right, all we are saying is we completely understand why he did what he did and it’s not “dumb.” It’s basic football instincts

Yep, all I know is it sure pumped the heck out of Lou and our Defense with that effort by Germaine. Great job and thank God he wasn't 
hurt bad. He played his ass off all game and Logan had a bad game in my opinion, he got drilled by the RB on one blitz and missed some
tackles and had some bad reads. Pratt played great against the Cards.

Expect Logan Wilson AKA the Cowboy as Germaine calls him to have a big game against the Seahawks.
Reply/Quote