Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pratt and Wilson
(05-03-2024, 02:07 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: But also remember that your employer largely doesn't need to honor your contract either. They can and have fired MANY people who were under contract every year. You would be fired too or asked to take a paycut if you didn't perform well, regardless of you being under contract.
Very true.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2024, 02:18 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: We don’t know the conversations between Trey,his agent and mgt.He seems upset about something. I don’t think he feels feels I screwed up and now want a better deal.

You are right, nobody knows what was said. It was a bad tactic on Team Hendrickson's part, blindside everyone with a demand. Nobody is saying he isn't worth more or shouldn't be extended, but that the better time is when it actually gets closer to the end of his current contract would have been a better time and ask the FO to talk and not act like a 4 yr old throwing a hissy fit.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2024, 10:15 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: The Bates, Reader, Tee, & now Trey situations has riled a few. Not commenting just letting you guys no.

Well I agree I mean we are talking about all pro players picking up and wanting out ur after yr and how are we replacing em. I’m sorry but I don’t see where this team has gotten better over the last few years as opposed to just hanging on by a thread. Bates all pro reader all pro Trey essentially all pro tee pro bowler all want out or gone. Also chido just left got a nice deal in Tennessee we brought nobody in to replace em. We seriously gonna roll out Turner Hilton Newton alongside cam Taylor for help like wtf. Bengals screwing the pooch in the middle of our window
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2024, 02:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: An excellent point. Sure helps Linebackers when the D-line can take up blocks so they don't have to shed so many. Both Jenkins
and Jackson were excellent at doing this at the very least. Communication should be much better this year with Bell back, Stone 
and Rankins added and the youth in the Secondary having a year in the system.

Like I have said before, players like Logan Wilson and Germaine Pratt just didn't forget how to play football. They will be watching
their tape and learning from what they did wrong last year. Angles and tackling were poor on their part. Logan was hurt and it 
showed big time. Don't know what Germaine's excuses are though...

As has been mentioned a couple of times, the biggest factor in allowing the LBs to play fast and loose again, will be eliminating the confusion in communication that was going on behind them at the Safety position last season. Not that upgrading the DT room won't help to improve rushing defense, because it certainly will, but in terms of overall performance having security in what is going on behind them will lead to the biggest production boosts for both Wilson and Pratt. (to my way of thinking, anyway)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2024, 04:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: As has been mentioned a couple of times, the biggest factor in allowing the LBs to play fast and loose again, will be eliminating the confusion in communication that was going on behind them at the Safety position last season. Not that upgrading the DT room won't help to improve rushing defense, because it certainly will, but in terms of overall performance having security in what is going on behind them will lead to the biggest production boosts for both Wilson and Pratt. (to my way of thinking, anyway)

Oh yeah, nice with Battle having a fine rookie year and learning and bringing Bell back. Stone is excellent in coverage to boot.

I know Lou will be harping on communication all OTA's and Training Camp. He knows what the problem was last year.
Reply/Quote
I like some of the udfa lb’s. I agree not having to worry about the secondary will Pratt and Wilson the most.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2024, 01:02 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I think Wilson and Pratt were happy the moment Vonn Bell was re-signed. No longer have to worry about getting the correct calls behind them.

Stone as well.

I like Jackson more than most. And the team clearly thinks Jenkins, with his strength, should hold up very well vs the run despite the low DT weight. But I still think letting Reader go was a big mistake.

If I had to use the rest of our cap space somewhere: IOL, CB, NT, pass rushing DT, and RB3 (thumper) would be where I'd look.Maybe deep LB depth.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2024, 06:43 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Stone as well.

I like Jackson more than most. And the team clearly thinks Jenkins, with his strength, should hold up very well vs the run despite the low DT weight. But I still think letting Reader go was a big mistake.

If I had to use the rest of our cap space somewhere: IOL, CB, NT, pass rushing DT, and RB3 (thumper) would be where I'd look.Maybe deep LB depth.

Definitely IOL, Corner and RB3 should be looked at when cuts happen.

We aren't going for another pass rushing 3-tech. We have Rankins and BJ Hill for this and might even see something special in Maxwell
this year who had insane Sack and pressure numbers at Chattanooga.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2024, 06:19 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Should be happy.

The first two LBs drafted this year were Edgerrin Cooper and Junior Colson.

Just so happens both of those guys got to play behind our two new DTs, Jackson at Texas a&m with Cooper and Jenkins at Michigan with Colson.

Am I right to think those first two LBs got drafted early thanks in part to our two rookie DTs doing the dirty work and keeping them clean? Sure they are awesome players on their own, but I don’t know if they get a chance to shine so bright without big time DT play helping them.

I think it means something

Wilson and Pratt both seemed to fall off a tiny bit last year. Idk if that was them or a total lack of trust in the safeties to do their part so they did things differently.

When you know your SS is gonna come down into the gaps and stop shit you may operate differently after the snap than you would if you had no faith your safeties could make a tackle. You’d take different angles and you’d be way more aggressive as you think you are the only one that will make a play.
-Housh
Reply/Quote