Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pratt impressive
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2019-nfl-training-camp-battles-bengals-emergent-linebacker-the-receiver-plan-overcoming-o-line-losses-and-more/

"Pratt has become the talk of Bengals training camp"

Good to hear to say the least. We've been so badly chopped, sliced, and diced over the middle the past couple seasons and gave up so many 3rd and longs. Often 3rd and forevers !

Here's to hoping he's a goodun Cheers
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This is good news. He was one of my favorite LB prospects coming out of the draft. Here's hoping he can provide the desperately needed coverage help. ThumbsUp
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
PJ Dawson was going to be the next Urlacher after a few weeks of camp when he was drafted

https://www.google.com/amp/s/stripehype.com/2015/07/11/bengals-breakout-pj-dawson/amp/
Reply/Quote
Not a single mention of our #2 SAMPLE?!?!?!?

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2019, 10:08 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Not a single mention of our #2 SAMPLE?!?!?!?

Probably won't hear much either. He's going to have a mission in our scheme which is high expectations with low notoriety.

Reply/Quote
(08-08-2019, 10:08 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Not a single mention of our #2 SAMPLE?!?!?!?

(08-08-2019, 10:13 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Probably won't hear much either. He's going to have a mission in our scheme which is high expectations with low notoriety.

All part of the mad genius ZT's master plan  Hehe under the radar.

Seriously as the season wears on I do believe Sample will play a bigger and bigger role.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2019, 09:55 AM)TopSix Wrote: PJ Dawson was going to be the next Urlacher after a few weeks of camp when he was drafted

https://www.google.com/amp/s/stripehype.com/2015/07/11/bengals-breakout-pj-dawson/amp/

You’re exhausting.

Reply/Quote
(08-08-2019, 10:35 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You’re exhausting.

:troll: :troll: :troll:
Reply/Quote
If he's a replacement level player, that'll be great.

If he's better? That's just gravy.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2019, 10:47 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: If he's a replacement level player, that'll be great.

If he's better? That's just gravy.

I'm hoping for better, a lot better  Shocked

This team has been snake bit since the playoff meltdown vs. Steelers, well you could say more than that.....but.

Don't the stars have to line up for us at some point ?
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2019, 09:55 AM)TopSix Wrote: PJ Dawson was going to be the next Urlacher after a few weeks of camp when he was drafted

What's your problem? 
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2019, 11:04 AM)sandwedge Wrote: What's your problem? 

if you just ignore it,, it will eventually go away.

trolls fish for reaction
Reply/Quote

The guy's got a point... Both Dawson and Urlacher are outta the league.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Lot of good stuff in that article and on the video. I feel this season's success really hinges on how good our coaches are. We'll soon see.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-08-2019, 11:12 AM)jason Wrote: The guy's got a point... Both Dawson and Urlacher are outta the league.

Wink
Reply/Quote

His mom cut off his allowance ?
Reply/Quote
Good, have him start over vigil. have vigil play a rotational role at best since hes a back up ball player. good news pratt is catching on. our linebackers and O-line have me reallllll worried
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2019, 11:12 AM)Wyche Wrote: Lot of good stuff in that article and on the video. I feel this season's success really hinges on how good our coaches are. We'll soon see.

Agreed,

I believe we'll see a difference from seasons past right from the jump, albeit not without some growing pains. How quickly they can gel and produce wins is hard to say ? But I strongly feel some surprises are in store around here this season, some eye opening.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2019, 11:12 AM)Wyche Wrote: Lot of good stuff in that article and on the video. I feel this season's success really hinges on how good our coaches are. We'll soon see.

I agree. The offensive scheme will help this O-line out, I believe. Gotta give credit to the coaches for bringing bits and and pieces of the west coast offense with them. The days of just telegraphing we are gonna pass are hopefully over. I think the important part to me that I read was, Wrs learning to get separation, when talking about Tate. That is something that I have harped on for awhile now. Our receivers never seemed to get wide open. every pass had to be on the money because every pass was contested by the defense. 
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2019, 11:19 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Good, have him start over vigil.  have vigil play a rotational role at best since hes a back up ball player.  good news pratt is catching on.  our linebackers and O-line have me reallllll worried

Why would you have him start over Vigil and not Evans? 
Reply/Quote