Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pratt impressive
(08-17-2019, 05:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Urlacher wasn't always big.  I think he was only in his 220s when he was drafted.  He just grew to become an imposing physical presence, as his job demanded it of him.

True, Urlacher just worked his ass off. Pretty sure he never roided either which says something.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2019, 11:34 AM)Earendil Wrote: He's probably just some kid who thinks he's being 'edgy' when in reality he about as edgy as a Buick full of Yanni fans.

I dunno..Buick full of Yanni fans sounds kind of edgy..Not necessarily in a good way, but edgy none the less....a bit like pushing you over the edge to want to murder your grandparents and neighbors kids kind of edgy for being too quiet and noisy as the same time.. Don't knock edgy..  Tongue
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I liked the Pratt pick right away AND his last name is the same as Boris Karloff whose real name was Pratt before changing it to Karloff..  I know...just one relevant point after another, huh?  ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 05:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Urlacher wasn't always big.  I think he was only in his 220s when he was drafted.  He just grew to become an imposing physical presence, as his job demanded it of him.

Just looked it up.
Urlacher showed up at the Combine at 258 lbs. However, he was about 20 lbs lighter in his final college game, so he bulked up super fast.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 09:31 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Just looked it up.
Urlacher showed up at the Combine at 258 lbs. However, he was about 20 lbs lighter in his final college game, so he bulked up super fast.

By the 4th game, these guys shrink drastically. Tuesday morning weigh-ins are traumatic. They come in hydrated with full breakfast, but it's tough to keep on real weight after camp and 8 games.

Vast majority of these guys are at max weight at start of camp. It's downhill from there.

So I wouldn't doubt if he played at 230s in NFL.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 06:51 PM)grampahol Wrote: I liked the Pratt pick right away AND his last name is the same as Boris Karloff whose real name was Pratt before changing it to Karloff..  I know...just one relevant point after another, huh?  ThumbsUp

I've already started calling him Geronimo Pratt in my head. It's sorta like how Gio is the Nard Dog to me.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 04:55 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hmm, I remember another LB that was a former Safety.  He turned out to be pretty good.  

Emmanuel Lamur?

Or maybe Panthers All Pro Thomas Davis? He was a safety at Georgia.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 09:44 PM)XsandOs Wrote: By the 4th game, these guys shrink drastically. Tuesday morning weigh-ins are traumatic. They come in hydrated with full breakfast, but it's tough to keep on real weight after camp and 8 games.

Vast majority of these guys are at max weight at start of camp. It's downhill from there.

So I wouldn't doubt if he played at 230s in NFL.

Landon Johnson claimed he was down to 215 when he was starting at MLB his rookie season.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 01:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Emmanuel Lamur?

Thomas Davis is a good comparison. 
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 01:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Emmanuel Lamur?

You are correct, there have been many players that were Safeties in College, and grew to be good LBs in the NFL.  However, in my mind, the shining example that always jumps out is the great Brian Urlacher.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 02:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You are correct, there have been many players that were Safeties in College, and grew to be good LBs in the NFL.  However, in my mind, the shining example that always jumps out is the great Brian Urlacher.

I don't know how much Urlacher weighed in college but he also played WR and returned punts at New Mexico.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 03:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't know how much Urlacher weighed in college but he also played WR and returned punts at New Mexico.

That might be hard to actually determine, over his entire college career.  As I understand, he was close to or about 238# as a Sr.  But that weight was likely in the Spring, before the season trimmed him down.  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote