Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pratt impressive
(08-08-2019, 09:55 AM)TopSix Wrote: PJ Dawson was going to be the next Urlacher after a few weeks of camp when he was drafted

https://www.google.com/amp/s/stripehype.com/2015/07/11/bengals-breakout-pj-dawson/amp/

Except that’s an article written by a fan that offers zero examples about why Dawson would be good, he just says he is. Also, only compares him to Burfict, not Urlacher.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2019, 12:12 PM)TopSix Wrote: I think the bengals, every year, tout PR spun nonsense at the fans and year over year over year we gobble it up.

They are going to have their 4th straight losing season in 2019

How can all of these players be so great when the actual results are so poor.

It doesn’t make sense.  So until I see any player actually performing on the field, in a real game, then I will get excited.  

As for the crap that comes out of camp-  you guys claim to hate Hobson.  But this board is a clone of him, pontificating on how great every player in the organization will be.  But it never works out

So you admit that you predicted A J Green and Geno Atkins would suck.

Blind haters are just as stupid as blind homers.
Reply/Quote
Shame that a thread about a promising young player is being derailed.

I've been on the Germaine Pratt train early in the draft process. Pratt isnt just fast he has an explosive first step, he has excellent vision, great feel for zone coverage , and is a tackling machine.

Another Linebacker that is getting some hype during camp is UDFA Noah Dawkins out of The Citadel.

I can't wait to see these guys on the field Saturday Night.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think the question is how much he will play. By all accounts Preston Brown looks improved and well, still leaves a lot to be desired. But for now it's mostly him and Vigil unless we go to 3 LB sets which I don't think will be as much. And will he even beat out Jordan who seems to be having a good camp as well. As mentioned, the saddest part of this is that Jefferson isn't getting noticed. It's nuts since he is ten miles over the next player physically, he must have ate lead chips for breakfast as a kid. The fact he can't beat out Nickerson or Davis is sickening to me. Neither should even be in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2019, 01:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So you admit that you predicted A J Green and Geno Atkins would suck.

Blind haters are just as stupid as blind homers.

There is good reason to think we have a fan of another team who managed to sneak into Jungle Noise. Hopefully this will soon be remedied. 
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2019, 02:00 PM)Synric Wrote: Another Linebacker that is getting some hype during camp is UDFA Noah Dawkins out of The Citadel.

I have not heard of him - what have you heard?
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(08-08-2019, 09:41 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2019-nfl-training-camp-battles-bengals-emergent-linebacker-the-receiver-plan-overcoming-o-line-losses-and-more/

"Pratt has become the talk of Bengals training camp"

Good to hear to say the least. We've been so badly chopped, sliced, and diced over the middle the past couple seasons and gave up so many 3rd and longs. Often 3rd and forevers !

Here's to hoping he's a goodun  Cheers

Hopefully Pratt will push one of last year's wet paper bags out of the starting lineup.

Reply/Quote
(08-08-2019, 02:39 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: I have not heard of him - what have you heard?

Fast. That is the word on him.

He is flying around on defense and on special teams.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-08-2019, 12:12 PM)TopSix Wrote: I think the bengals, every year, tout PR spun nonsense at the fans and year over year over year we gobble it up.

They are going to have their 4th straight losing season in 2019

How can all of these players be so great when the actual results are so poor.

It doesn’t make sense.  So until I see any player actually performing on the field, in a real game, then I will get excited.  

As for the crap that comes out of camp-  you guys claim to hate Hobson.  But this board is a clone of him, pontificating on how great every player in the organization will be.  But it never works out

You clearly haven't read much of this board. Mike Brown gets called all the time. Only a few actually defend the guy. One of the biggest lies the team ever put out about Mike Brown was that he ran the team just like his father. But Paul Brown was the impetus of change and innovation in the NFL for many years, while Mike Brown could be used as a perfect example of anti-change.

The team doesn't really participate in the free agent market except to find rejects from other teams. Rarely does the team sign a free agent who is coveted by another team. The front office takes a beating on this site, which you would notice if you read some.

However, everyone here knows this about the Bengals. We all know that the only hope we have is if our draft picks turn out to be better than their draft positions. So you will see hope for the young guys, even though it doesn't turn out that way nearly as much as it should.

There are some kool-aid drinkers on this site, no doubt. Witness the 5 votes Dalton got as being an elite QB in this year's poll. But you also have to witness the vast majority which ranked him in the average band.

I'm a bit surprised you have started a cut Dalton thread yet. After all, he has zero dead money and we could use his salary to bring in AJ's replacement. Of course, no one knows who that replacement would be.

Reply/Quote
(08-08-2019, 03:46 PM)BengalChris Wrote: You clearly haven't read much of this board. Mike Brown gets called all the time. Only a few actually defend the guy. One of the biggest lies the team ever put out about Mike Brown was that he ran the team just like his father. But Paul Brown was the impetus of change and innovation in the NFL for many years, while Mike Brown could be used as a perfect example of anti-change.

The team doesn't really participate in the free agent market except to find rejects from other teams. Rarely does the team sign a free agent who is coveted by another team. The front office takes a beating on this site, which you would notice if you read some.

However, everyone here knows this about the Bengals. We all know that the only hope we have is if our draft picks turn out to be better than their draft positions. So you will see hope for the young guys, even though it doesn't turn out that way nearly as much as it should.

There are some kool-aid drinkers on this site, no doubt. Witness the 5 votes Dalton got as being an elite QB in this year's poll. But you also have to witness the vast majority which ranked him in the average band.

I'm a bit surprised you have started a cut Dalton thread yet. After all, he has zero dead money and we could use his salary to bring in AJ's replacement. Of course, no one knows who that replacement would be.

I get that. 

But, things evolve and organizations can change philosophy over time. 

Granted it's been nearly 30 years of sustained failure for the Bengals under the current model.  The hope is that with new coaches, influencers etc that the team can switch into a different direction and school of thought. 

Mike is getting older, and he will relinquish control.   I just dont want to be too late; before the Bengals move out of Cincinnati. 

Only building through the draft is not a way to compete.  It. Does. Not. Work.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2019, 11:12 AM)Wyche Wrote: Lot of good stuff in that article and on the video. I feel this season's success really hinges on how good our coaches are. We'll soon see.

I do believe all of the nati will be watching this first pre-season game.Its been a long long time a coming.I want to see action. All of our great fans will be cheering on ZT and his brothers in arms.Its going to be awesome baby. :andy: ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2019, 04:37 PM)TopSix Wrote: Only building through the draft is not a way to compete.  It. Does. Not. Work.

And that is why last year we traded for a starting LT and signed the league leader in tackles in free agency.

We turned the '10 team around by signing three new defensive starters in free agency.

Bengals don't do that often enough, but you can't say they never do it.   (unless you are ignorant or a troll)
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2019, 03:46 PM)BengalChris Wrote: You clearly haven't read much of this board. Mike Brown gets called all the time. Only a few actually defend the guy. One of the biggest lies the team ever put out about Mike Brown was that he ran the team just like his father. But Paul Brown was the impetus of change and innovation in the NFL for many years, while Mike Brown could be used as a perfect example of anti-change.

Mike does run the team like his father.  Problem is, his father died in 1991 so Mike is stuck in a time warp.

And when a newbie comes on board and regularly calls out everyone on the board as idiots, how long do they normally last.  I'll repeat my first response to this guy--tick,tick, tick.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Glad Pratt is developing. We might have reached a little on the first 3 picks, but we really needed help on OL and LB. I see Sample as help for OL as well as a receiving threat.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
Jefferson must be a total bust. I really hope Pratt can be a huge steal
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2019, 10:43 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: Jefferson must be a total bust. I really hope Pratt can be a huge steal

Even if he turns out to be pretty good I don’t know that I’d consider 3rd round a “steal.”

Reply/Quote
I wanted Pratt over Bush anyway so I hope he makes an impact in the middle.
Reply/Quote
This is gonna suck for us but Mack Wilson has two impressive interceptions tonight. Looks like a DB . Well my scouting sucks I didn’t think he was all that. Wrong.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2019, 11:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Even if he turns out to be pretty good I don’t know that I’d consider 3rd round a “steal.”

Since it was a Bengal pick I guarantee you won't.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 12:57 AM)TKUHL Wrote: I wanted Pratt over Bush anyway so I hope he makes an impact in the middle.

I wanted Bush, but Pratt is a nice consolation prize.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote