Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pratt impressive
The article also talks about D-Willis AND...

Auden Tate, a tall target at 6-foot-5 and 228 pounds and Cincinnati's seventh-round pick in last year's draft, has had an especially strong camp entering Cincinnati's first preseason game.

AND...

Josh Malone, a third-year veteran, has a chance to start in place of Green as he continues to enjoy "the best stretch of his career," according to the team's official website. A former fourth round pick out of Tennessee, Malone has just seven career regular season receptions entering the 2019 season.

THE BEST STRETCH OF HIS CAREER!

AND...

John Jerry, a 10-year veteran who didn't play during the 2018 regular season, is currently No. 1 on Cincinnati's depth chart. Behind him is Christian Westerman, a 2016 fifth-round pick who has never had a chance to truly compete for a starting job until now.

WHO HAS NEVER HAD A CHANCE TO TRULY COMPETE FOR A STARTING JOB UNTIL NOW! Whoohooo!!! So with all the bad line play over the past 2 years, he never had a shot.
Reply/Quote
If Bengals do better than many on here expect it will reinforce my point about how awful of a head coach Marvin Lewis is.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 09:56 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The article also talks about D-Willis AND...

Auden Tate, a tall target at 6-foot-5 and 228 pounds and Cincinnati's seventh-round pick in last year's draft, has had an especially strong camp entering Cincinnati's first preseason game.

AND...

Josh Malone, a third-year veteran, has a chance to start in place of Green as he continues to enjoy "the best stretch of his career," according to the team's official website. A former fourth round pick out of Tennessee, Malone has just seven career regular season receptions entering the 2019 season.

THE BEST STRETCH OF HIS CAREER!

AND...

John Jerry, a 10-year veteran who didn't play during the 2018 regular season, is currently No. 1 on Cincinnati's depth chart. Behind him is Christian Westerman, a 2016 fifth-round pick who has never had a chance to truly compete for a starting job until now.

WHO HAS NEVER HAD A CHANCE TO TRULY COMPETE FOR A STARTING JOB UNTIL NOW! Whoohooo!!! So with all the bad line play over the past 2 years, he never had a shot.

Im beginning to think Westerman said something to piss Marvin off.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 09:56 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: WHO HAS NEVER HAD A CHANCE TO TRULY COMPETE FOR A STARTING JOB UNTIL NOW! Whoohooo!!! So with all the bad line play over the past 2 years, he never had a shot.

He had his chance.  He just was not good enough.
Reply/Quote
So the author just made that up? If westerman doesn't cut it this year, under a completely different staff, then you would be correct.
We'll see.
Go Benton Panthers!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2019, 02:00 PM)Synric Wrote: Shame that a thread about a promising young player is being derailed.

I've been on the Germaine Pratt train early in the draft process. Pratt isnt just fast he has an explosive first step, he has excellent vision, great feel for zone coverage , and is a tackling machine.

Another Linebacker that is getting some hype during camp is UDFA Noah Dawkins out of The Citadel.

I can't wait to see these guys on the field Saturday Night.

Very true, happy the mods finally canned that Topsix dude.

Everything was an argument with that guy, just talking to a wall. Even the negative posters didn't like him.

Spot on with Pratt, he can do it all. The exact Linebacker we needed. Hoping he adapts well to the pro game.

Sounds like he is. Excited to see him tomorrow night.

Yes

(08-08-2019, 02:53 PM)Synric Wrote: Fast. That is the word on him.

He is flying around on defense and on special teams.

Sweet, love these types of players as long as Dawkins can tackle.

(08-09-2019, 12:57 AM)TKUHL Wrote: I wanted Pratt over Bush anyway so I hope he makes an impact in the middle.

Same here. Bush was a good pass rusher in college, but he wasn't a good tackler and wasn't good in coverage either.

(08-09-2019, 09:34 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I wanted Bush, but Pratt is a nice consolation prize.

Devin White was the only Devin i might of taken over Pratt. This is what i was saying before the Draft.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 12:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Very true, happy the mods finally canned that Topsix dude.

Everything was an argument with that guy, just talking to a wall. Even the negative posters didn't like him.

I NEVER air out dirty laundry, but he sent me a PM calling me an f'n loser (with the expletive starred out, of course) for reporting his post...

... and I never reported anything of his! lol

Anyways, White is also the only guy I would've taken; I did get pissed off at the Stoolers for taking Bush, not because I wanted us to get him, but because they were skeevy aholes about it (jumping ahead, trying to play the WJAX game with us, etc.).
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 12:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Very true, happy the mods finally canned that Topsix dude.

Spot on with Pratt, he can do it all. The exact Linebacker we needed. Hoping he adapts well to the pro game.

Sounds like he is. Excited to see him tomorrow night.

Yes

Sweet, love these types of players as long as Dawkins can tackle.

Same here. Bush was a good pass rusher in college, but he wasn't a good tackler and wasn't good in coverage either.

Devin White was the only Devin i might of taken over Pratt. This is what i was saying before the Draft.

Thanks to the mods for nailing the troll.

As to the LBs, there were scouts out there who had Pratt ranked ahead of Bush and almost even with White because he was a more rounded LB - I agree with them.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 12:58 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote:
I NEVER air out dirty laundry, but he sent me a PM calling me an f'n loser (with the expletive starred out, of course) for reporting his post...

Anyways, White is also the only guy I would've taken; I did get pissed off at the Stoolers for taking Bush, not because I wanted us to get him, but because they were skeevy aholes about it (jumping ahead, trying to play the WJAX game with us, etc.).

Well, that about says it all, doesn't it?  He accused me in a thread of reporting him too and I never did and I'm not sure I even know how to.  Another one of those guys who must walk into a room full of  strangers, take one step inside the door and call everybody in the room dumb asses.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 12:58 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I NEVER air out dirty laundry, but he sent me a PM calling me an f'n loser (with the expletive starred out, of course) for reporting his post...

Wow, that dude was low ha ha

The Stoolers always pizz me off but not on that one. Glad they took him, Mixon can truck that guy.

Mixon is very hard to tackle and Bush is not a good tackler, plus if Bush drops back in coverage he will be a liability.

Watch Bush on his pass rush, shut him down there, that is all.

(08-09-2019, 01:00 PM)Joelist Wrote: Thanks to the mods for nailing the troll.

As to the LBs, there were scouts out there who had Pratt ranked ahead of Bush and almost even with White because he was a more rounded LB - I agree with them.

Same, White's leadership stood out to me. But as far as on the field, in game talent, both were on par.

I would even give Pratt the edge in coverage being a former Safety that covered Wideouts.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 01:04 PM)McC Wrote: Well, that about says it all, doesn't it?  He accused me in a thread of reporting him too and I never did and I'm not sure I even know how to.  Another one of those guys who must walk into a room full of  strangers, take one step inside the door and call everybody in the room dumb asses then run away why the room chases him down and beats his ass.

Fixed it McC  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 01:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Fixed it McC  Mellow

Hilarious
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 10:30 AM)fredtoast Wrote: He had his chance.  He just was not good enough.

Yep. To think otherwise is foolish. That's just a fluff article that talks about all the training camp darlings like Auden Tate, etc.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 11:13 AM)SladeX Wrote: So the author just made that up? If westerman doesn't cut it this year, under a completely different staff, then you would be correct.
We'll see.

But, last year he had Pollack as his coach and the year before Alexander. 2 different coaches.

This new staff thing is somewhat of a fallacy...as they made plenty of coaching changes before last year. Some blew up. Some worked out.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 12:58 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I NEVER air out dirty laundry, but he sent me a PM calling me an f'n loser (with the expletive starred out, of course) for reporting his post...

Meh. I actually enjoyed it. Steelers gave up Pick 20, Pick 52, and 2020 3rd rounder all because they thought they were gonna pull one over on the Bengals. Instead, the Bengals got the player they wanted all along. Joke's on Pittsburgh.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 01:34 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: But, last year he had Pollack as his coach and the year before Alexander. 2 different coaches.

This new staff thing is somewhat of a fallacy...as they made plenty of coaching changes before last year. Some blew up. Some worked out.

Just because there was a new OL coach doesn't mean anything. It was still the same HC making the decisions for who would start.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 10:30 AM)fredtoast Wrote: He had his chance.  He just was not good enough.

(08-09-2019, 11:13 AM)SladeX Wrote: So the author just made that up?

Apparently, yes.  In 2016 Westerman played about the same number of snaps with the starters (87) as Redmond (104).

Then last preseason Pollack said this.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/8/13/17683384/christian-westerman-starting-bengals-ol-coach-needs-clean-up-technique

Pollack did concede that Westerman will probably get snaps with the first team at right guard as the team continues to evaluate its options.

“Everyone has to be ready for both sides. The only guy who is really locked on what sides are the centers. When we get short, I tell them to spin around. Just rotate, spin around and go back in,” Pollack said. “Nothing’s in stone. I know you would love it. I would love it, too. It is what it is. We’ve got to keep going. We’ve got time to develop. We have to take advantage.”

The Bengals ran Alex Redmond with the starters at right guard briefly, and Westerman has more than deserved a shot at the same opportunity. Pollack knows there is still plenty of time for everyone to compete though.

“We won’t have a set lineup until the night before we play the Colts,” Pollack said. “It’s only been one preseason game. Still have three more to go. It’s way too early to anoint anybody. A lot of competition. Then get in the season and you have to hold your job.”
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2019, 04:37 PM)TopSix Wrote: I get that. 

But, things evolve and organizations can change philosophy over time. 

Granted it's been nearly 30 years of sustained failure for the Bengals under the current model.  The hope is that with new coaches, influencers etc that the team can switch into a different direction and school of thought. 

Mike is getting older, and he will relinquish control.   I just dont want to be too late; before the Bengals move out of Cincinnati. 

Only building through the draft is not a way to compete.  It. Does. Not. Work.

Realize that you are preaching to the choir when it comes to the team needing to do more outside the draft. Look at the Free Agent section, listed at the top of Jungle Noise and scroll down to Feb and Mar during the free agent period.

And, judging from these New coaches and influencers (whatever the hell that means) the team did remarkably little in free agency. If you are expecting them to influence the team to look for top flight free agents, then I think you already have your answer on that.

Reply/Quote

(08-09-2019, 01:04 PM)McC Wrote: Well, that about says it all, doesn't it?  He accused me in a thread of reporting him too and I never did and I'm not sure I even know how to.  Another one of those guys who must walk into a room full of  strangers, take one step inside the door and call everybody in the room dumb asses.

I am terribly offended that I didn't get a nasty gram from him. I guess you guys think you are special.

Whomever reported him (I'm talking to you Fred), I hope you are happy with yourself.

You are responsible for getting the only source of amusement for me, banned. I enjoy debating football, religion and politics with children.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 04:58 PM)XsandOs Wrote: I am terribly offended that I didn't get a nasty gram from him. I guess you guys think you are special.

Whomever reported him (I'm talking to you Fred), I hope you are happy with yourself.

You are responsible for getting the only source of amusement for me, banned. I enjoy debating football, religion and politics with children.

Don't worry, there are still some "brick wall" stubborn type of posters around  Smirk
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote