Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pratt signed
With the signing of Germaine Pratt, the 2019 draft class is under contract

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(06-27-2019, 04:15 PM)pally Wrote: With the signing of Germaine Pratt, the 2019 draft class is under contract

That is great to hear! 
Reply/Quote
Now he can get injured and not lose any money.
Reply/Quote
Love Pratt the Cat
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
That's fantastic news. I wish I could be happier, but I'm still kind of depressed about the Jonah Williams and Clint Boling situations..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2019, 09:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That's fantastic news. I wish I could be happier, but I'm still kind of depressed about the Jonah Williams and Clint Boling situations..

You are not alone Sunset. Bengal life and Prozac are deeply intertwined.
Reply/Quote
Really hope Pratt comes in, seizes a starting role, and is a solid player this year. As of right now, the Bengals have Preston Brown who is solid and good at stopping what's in front of him but he's not very rangy. Vigil was decent last year and I hope he keeps/improves that trend. With Burfict gone, it leaves a wide open spot for the third starting LB role. I don't really see Vigil taking that next step beyond "solid" so the Bengals really will need another solid-at-minimum LB to avoid the same issues they exhibited last year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-28-2019, 01:31 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Really hope Pratt comes in, seizes a starting role, and is a solid player this year. As of right now, the Bengals have Preston Brown who is solid and good at stopping what's in front of him but he's not very rangy. Vigil was decent last year and I hope he keeps/improves that trend. With Burfict gone, it leaves a wide open spot for the third starting LB role. I don't really see Vigil taking that next step beyond "solid" so the Bengals really will need another solid-at-minimum LB to avoid the same issues they exhibited last year.

Says here that Preston Brown was having a great year in pass coverage, before his season got cut short.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2019/06/20/preston-brown-success-coverage-remains-key-bengals-defense/

Perhaps he can pick back up, right where he left off?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2019, 01:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Says here that Preston Brown was having a great year in pass coverage, before his season got cut short.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2019/06/20/preston-brown-success-coverage-remains-key-bengals-defense/

Perhaps he can pick back up, right where he left off?

Yea he was doing better than previous years in regards to coverage. Although I don't remember him having improved speed or agility last year, just more being in good spots. We'll find out if he really was able to improve his range or whether it more coincidental. 
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-28-2019, 02:07 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Yea he was doing better than previous years in regards to coverage. Although I don't remember him having improved speed or agility last year, just more being in good spots. We'll find out if he really was able to improve his range or whether it more coincidental. 

I believe that's called "football I.Q.".  For example, Burfict wasn't particularly fast, but his football I.Q. is off the charts.  If Jefferson had half the football I.Q. of either of those guys with his speed and athletic ability, he'd be off the charts.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2019, 03:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I believe that's called "football I.Q.".  For example, Burfict wasn't particularly fast, but his football I.Q. is off the charts.  If Jefferson had half the football I.Q. of either of those guys with his speed and athletic ability, he'd be off the charts.

I agree.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-27-2019, 09:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That's fantastic news.  I wish I could be happier, but I'm still kind of depressed about the Jonah Williams and Clint Boling situations..

Try a bloody mary, seems to help me.

Imma have one myself hoping he can help turn our LBing corps around.
Reply/Quote
If Brown is healthy, he is good. When he's not basically playing alone, Vigil is good. All we need os for Pratt or Jefferson to step up and play the weak side.
Reply/Quote