Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pratt to covid list
According to media, the earlies Pratt can return is Monday unless miraculously he manages 2 negative tests between now and Sunday

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
We can bring Bell down or put Flowers on Kelce. Honestly, it’s probably what they were going to do anyway.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 12:00 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Can Calitro, Bailey or this guy Craig Johnson cover a TE? 
this could get ugly...but i see alot more  of Flowers on passing downs. 
and more reason to try and establish run game ala Raiders game and keep the KC offense off field.
Im good with another 15 -10 score and JB throwing for under 200 yds

Wilson, Pratt, and ADG weren't exactly good at covering TEs either.

Throughout the season so far, Bengals have allowed TEs to get 84 receptions for 997 yards and 7 TDs.
Receptions allowed - Only 4 teams have allowed more (Colts, Bucs, Eagles, Ravens)
Yards allowed - Only 2 teams have allowed more (Colts, Chargers)
TDs allowed - Only 7 teams have allowed more (Lions, Ravens, Seahawks, Colts, Raiders, Eagles, Chargers)
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
How about Ogunjobi?
Reply/Quote
You dont get many opportunities in life, I hope some LB steps up to the plate and shakes the NFL for the win.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 01:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Wilson, Pratt, and ADG weren't exactly good at covering TEs either.

Throughout the season so far, Bengals have allowed TEs to get 84 receptions for 997 yards and 7 TDs.
Receptions allowed - Only 4 teams have allowed more (Colts, Bucs, Eagles, Ravens)
Yards allowed - Only 2 teams have allowed more (Colts, Chargers)
TDs allowed - Only 7 teams have allowed more (Lions, Ravens, Seahawks, Colts, Raiders, Eagles, Chargers)

Couple flaws with this argument ADG has been hurt quite a while and Wilson a few weeks. The other issue is all yards are not because of linebackers, in fact safeties are often responsible for the TE, sometimes even CB in zone. Long story short the stats don’t actually tell us anything about Wilson/Pratt/ADG’s ability to cover TE’s relative to the rest of the league.
Reply/Quote
Not gonna lie, this one worries me.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 12:39 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Any chance Logan Wilson's back? Might mitigate the loss of PRatt if he can't go Sunday.

That was the first thing that came to mind. Do they push it, and bring Logan back early? Idk how I feel about that. We might need him more for the browns..
Reply/Quote
James Rapien just came out with a video, with the new protocols, Pratt still can't return for Sunday. He's out..
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 01:53 PM)Au165 Wrote: Couple flaws with this argument ADG has been hurt quite a while and Wilson a few weeks. The other issue is all yards are not because of linebackers, in fact safeties are often responsible for the TE, sometimes even CB in zone. Long story short the stats don’t actually tell us anything about Wilson/Pratt/ADG’s ability to cover TE’s relative to the rest of the league.

Fair, but the team as a whole hasn't been good regardless of who is in there, so it's not like there should be a big drop off if Pratt has to miss.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 02:18 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Fair, but the team as a whole hasn't been good regardless of who is in there, so it's not like there should be a big drop off if Pratt has to miss.

I disagree because what you do lose is his ability to tackle and at times force fumbles this year. The other big loss will be he was wearing the headset. At this point it may got to Bailey but they may have to consider it moving it to Bates.
Reply/Quote
Hate to hear this. Pratt has evolved into a good linebacker. Who's gonna wear the green dot?
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 02:22 PM)Au165 Wrote: I disagree because what you do lose is his ability to tackle and at times force fumbles this year. The other big loss will be he was wearing the headset. At this point it may got to Bailey but they may have to consider it moving it to Bates.

I meant dropoff in terms of covering TEs, not as a whole.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 01:01 PM)dr tarzan Wrote: I wouln't mind seeing a return of the 5 man front.  If our DL gets over it's dings, then we have plenty of quality lineman.

Our 5 man front works most of the time we use it from what I have seen. Hendrickson - BJ Hill - Tupou - Ogunjobi - Hubbard

Hope DJ can go, we will see. Like others have said will have to use Bell or Flowers at LB to fill in if Pratt can't go.

Sucks, Pratt has been playing very good lately. Good thing Bailey has been getting a lot of snaps and experience.

(12-29-2021, 01:06 PM)Au165 Wrote: They put Flowers on him, and frankly they probably will do that here anyways healthy linebackers or not. Flowers is 6’3 and can run, he was a safety in college.

This, I know Flowers has had some troubles with these beast TE's but everyone does. Hopefully Kelce coming off of the Covid
has slowed him down a bit as someone said he might not be 100%. Still he is so good even at 70% he will cause us problems.
Reply/Quote
Scrap the COVID protocol
Reply/Quote
Sounds possible LW will play
Reply/Quote
Zac just said that Logan Wilson is practicing today and Sunday is a possibility. Things might be looking up
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 02:48 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Sounds possible LW will play

(12-29-2021, 02:50 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: Zac just said that Logan Wilson is practicing today and Sunday is a possibility.  Things might be looking up

Shocked

Hmmm, great news out of the blue. Wink
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 02:43 PM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: Scrap the COVID protocol

Ida know...that covid protocol has really helped us get to the top of the AFC North.
Reply/Quote