Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pray for Reuben Foster to fall to us........
this is exactly what we need on defense, he can be our Kuechly, Ray "the muderer" Lewis and Junior Seau of our defense......please for the love of God fall to us in the draft!
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 10:04 AM)corpjet Wrote: this is exactly what we need on defense, he can be our Kuechly, Ray "the muderer" Lewis and Junior Seau of our defense......please for the love of God fall to us in the draft!

He will be there 4-3 linebackers don't normally go that high. I think he can be good, but wouldn't call him Kuechly as Kuechly is better in coverage. I think Foster is a better pass rusher though.
Reply/Quote
Dude you know we are going CB/OT in the first.
Reply/Quote
I'm hesitant to take Alabama defenders. Their defense is so stacked that it's really hard to know which ones make an impact. Their defensive line is so good that he basically gets to run free. How will he do when blockers get to him?
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 10:42 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'm hesitant to take Alabama defenders. Their defense is so stacked that it's really hard to know which ones make an impact. Their defensive line is so good that he basically gets to run free. How will he do when blockers get to him?

I certainly understand that, and I am usually against taking a Bama back 7 player, but this dude is not your typical Bama LB. go watch his tape, dude is lightning quick. Would be thrilled with him even if LB rarely go in the top 10. We are gonna have some tasty options at pick 9 this year
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 10:46 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I certainly understand that, and I am usually against taking a Bama back 7 player, but this dude is not your typical Bama LB. go watch his tape, dude is lightning quick. Would be thrilled with him even if LB rarely go in the top 10. We are gonna have some tasty options at pick 9 this year

I'd be ok with the pick.

Like I said...when players have no blockers on them they all look quick. The real test will be if he can fight through blocks in the NFL. I do like what I see from him and he obviously upgrades us.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 10:46 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I certainly understand that, and I am usually against taking a Bama back 7 player, but this dude is not your typical Bama LB. go watch his tape, dude is lightning quick. Would be thrilled with him even if LB rarely go in the top 10. We are gonna have some tasty options at pick 9 this year

I'd love Reuben on our team but after last night's game and with his size I'm not sure he goes in round 1. A lot of his highlight reel would be flagged in the NFL. These guys are about to be heavily critiqued and scrutinized and you could see a guy like Reuben there in round 2.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 10:42 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'm hesitant to take Alabama defenders. Their defense is so stacked that it's really hard to know which ones make an impact. Their defensive line is so good that he basically gets to run free. How will he do when blockers get to him?

I agree with this when it comes to secondary players from Alabama because the pressure they get covers a lot of blemishes. Foster is similar to CJ Mosely in that he is making plays on his own rather than cleaning them up like some of their bigger more plodding linebackers they have had in the past.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 10:53 AM)Lawless_1 Wrote: I'd love Reuben on our team but after last night's game and with his size I'm not sure he goes in round 1. A lot of his highlight reel would be flagged in the NFL. These guys are about to be heavily critiqued and scrutinized and you could see a guy like Reuben there in round 2.

Highlight reels tend to be that kind of play. If you watch him play week to week you will see a guy who can cover, play the run, and is surprisingly good at rushing from the inside. He is a first rounder if he slips by us he will end up to the Saints at 12.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 10:04 AM)corpjet Wrote: this is exactly what we need on defense, he can be our Kuechly, Ray "the muderer" Lewis and Junior Seau of our defense......please for the love of God fall to us in the draft!

Give me Zach Cunningham all day long. That dude will be better than Foster.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
This kid is going to be a great player but I do not see us taking a LB at 9

I favor a DE who can rush the passer but after last night I can see us taking Williams.

If we want the Alabama OT we need to trade down. He is a great player but not worth a 9.
Reply/Quote
Taking a lb in top 10 that doesn't rush the passer should be cause for pause. I think we do better with Lb's late and undrafted, but certainly would understand the pick.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 11:04 AM)Au165 Wrote: Highlight reels tend to be that kind of play. If you watch him play week to week you will see a guy who can cover, play the run, and is surprisingly good at rushing from the inside. He is a first rounder if he slips by us he will end up to the Saints at 12.

I don't know. ILB isn't a premium position for the draft...

Teams generally want a LB that can rack up 12 sacks early in the draft.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 11:44 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I don't know. ILB isn't a premium position for the draft...

I agree, I am not high on taking an ILB at 9. The thing is Pass rusher is deep so I'd wait, but if you love one of the pass rushers you could go McMillan in the 2nd. Someone will take him in the first though as he is very talented.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals need someone, anyone, who can help stop the run. The run defense sucked last year and it won't get any better without help in the draft or free-agency (which we all know the Bengals will not be active in). I think Foster would help and he will be there at #9 but I do agree about how Alabama's defense is stacked and may have hid any of his (and other players) deficiencies.

I wouldn't mind Tony Brown myself in the later rounds. I love that kid's attitude.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 11:58 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: The Bengals need someone, anyone, who can help stop the run. The run defense sucked last year and it won't get any better without help in the draft or free-agency (which we all know the Bengals will not be active in). I think Foster would help and he will be there at #9 but I do agree about how Alabama's defense is stacked and may have hid any of his (and other players) deficiencies.

I wouldn't mind Tony Brown myself in the later rounds. I love that kid's attitude.
McMillan is the best Lb at stopping the run we can get him in 2/3
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 11:44 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I don't know. ILB isn't a premium position for the draft...

Carolina took Luke Kuechly at 9 in the 2012 NFL draft and he was a quintessential non-pass rushing MIKE. He wasn't a sack master in college and hasn't been one in the NFL.
Now should Foster be considered Luke Kuechly? Maybe not, but he may be even better against the run and rushing the passer whereas Kuechly is better in coverage.

Foster may not be worth pick #9 ideally and instead should be around 12-15, but the team may have to slightly reach if they really want Foster and can't trade down a few spots.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I have my fingers crossed. He would allow our front seven to have so much flexibility simply due to the fact that we would have 2 do it all LB's and a couple of other athletic backers in Vigil and hopefully Dawson out there. Burfict right now is our only consistently competent line backer.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 11:41 AM)jj22 Wrote: Taking a lb in top 10 that doesn't rush the passer should be cause for pause. I think we do better with Lb's late and undrafted, but certainly would understand the pick.

Just for the record, this thinking has left us with one of the worst linebacking corps in the NFL. If we didn't find a sometimes gem/sometimes foolish Vontaze, we would be touting the NFL's worst linebacking corp. 

I don't understand how we can never put high picks into a position and people think that it will be okay. Blows my mind. Ask the 49'ers who meant more to their team, Aldon Smith or Patrick Willis when both were healthy and playing. Ask Carolina how that defense went when Luke went down. I'm not saying Foster will be either one of those players, but he has that kind of potential. 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 12:18 PM)Jpoore Wrote: McMillan is the best Lb at stopping the run we can get him in 2/3

That might be true if he meets the RB in the hole like Maualuga.  But, like Maualuga he misses tackles because he lacks range. I would rather pair Foster with Burfict than McMillian with Burfict. 
Reply/Quote