Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pre-Agency Mock
This is what i would do, not necessarily what the FO will..

Cuts
Waynes 10.5M
Hopkins 6M

Remaining Cap - 51.5M (rough math)

Internal

BJ Hill 7M APY
Better run stuffer and underrated for pass rush outside of these forums and likely 3-4M cheaper than Ojun.

Shift Carmen from RG to LG dependent on which FA guard we grab.

External FA
James Daniels RG/OC 5 year, 60M
Reports are he is going to make 12APY. I am suggesting to offer 10M APY with incentives related to team success bumping APY to 12M. Allows flexibility and increases a major weakness.
Laken Tomlinson/Austin Corbett 4 year 36M, 9APY
Scheme fit and prevents us from having to reach in the draft in case one of the top OGs is there.
Chavarius Ward CB 4 year 42M 10.5APY

Trade
La'el Collins for 3rd rd pick. 10M APY cap for 3 years, 0 dead money.
I think anyone on the other threads know I'm one of our highest proponents to trading for LC (along with Caesar). I would even consider a 1/2 swap but going with 3rd rounder in this mock.

For note, I know the APYs listed above put us at threshold levels but the APY isn't necessarily the cap number we use for the contracts and smarter people than I figure out how to make it work.

Draft:
Rd. 1 - Perrion Winfrey 3T OU
Changing this up from my last mock. Perrion dominated during Senior Bowl, even against board favorite Zion Johnson from what I saw. Teaming him up with Hill to keep our interior from missing a beat. Would have went Wyatt but I think he's off the board by this point.
Rd. 2 - Trey McBride TE Colorado State
We need a TE to replace Uzo in this mock so why not grab the best in the class? Highly productive TE in college so we don't have Drew Samples running around here.
Rd. 3 - Traded above
Rd. 4 - Nick Cross S Maryland
4.3 6 foot 216 lbs Safety. Draft him and either develop him as a Bell replacement or Bates replacement (I lean more towards Bell but dealers choice)
Rd.5 - Donovan West OC Arizona St.
Reports make him sound like a solid player and I trust Synic's player evals highly on OL prospects.

QB: Burrow
RB: Mixon
WR: Chase, Higgins, Boyd
TE: McBride
LT: Jonah
LG: Carmen
OC: Daniels
RG: Corbett
RT: Collins

DE: Trey, Hubbard
NT: Reader
3T: Hill, Winfrey
LB: Wilson, Pratt, ADG
CB: Chido, Ward
S: Bates, Bell
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I am as wrong as much as anyone else about players. I just refuse to recommend a player I have never seen play.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 07:36 PM)Synric Wrote: I am as wrong as much as anyone else about players. I just refuse to recommend a player I have never seen play.

I understand. I don't watch much college ball at all so I rely on other analysts opinions to look into prospects. Most of my time this year has been spent looking at RG RT in the draft early but with what I laid out, the prospects I watched aren't what is best for the team
Reply/Quote