Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pre-"Combine" Mock
1-1 (JAX) - Lawrence - Duh
1-2 (NYJ) - Sewell - There are rumors the Jets stick with Darnold and build around him. They also could trade for Watson or some other proven vet QB. Regardless, they could use another stud OT to go along with Becton, protecting whichever QB they roll with.
1-3 (MIA) - Smith - MIA needs another playmaker. They take the Heisman winner who has played with Tua already.
1-4 (ATL) - ATL takes defense, as they need it badly.
1-5 - The 49ers move up from 12 to 5 to get their offensive player of choice. They go QB if they want to move on from Garoppolo ($23.6 mill freed up cap), they go WR otherwise. They could have Chase to be the WR1 to go along with Aiyuk and Kittle. Along with the 12th pick, the 49ers send their 2nd and 4th rounders.

1-12) Christian Darrisaw, OT Virginia Tech (6'5", 314 lb) - Darrisaw really stepped up in 2020. He was PFF's highest-graded OT in the Power 5 against both the run and pass, 2nd highest in all of college football. They gave him a 95.6 overall grade, which was just 0.2 points lower than Sewell's dominant 2019. Darrisaw has the length, size, and athleticism to thrive in Pollack's wide zone run blocking scheme and should be a valuable pass protector for Joe Burrow. If the Bengals get a FA RT (haha), drafting Darrisaw would allow the Bengals to swing Jonah Williams inside to LG, where some believed would be his best position when drafted.

2) Christian Barmore, IDL Alabama (6'5", 310 lb) - Barmore had a Quinnen Williams type of season rushing from the inside. He has the size to not only dominate as a 4-3 DT but also play 3-4 DE. Barmore would be the replacement for Atkins. If he doesn't make it to 38, I'd take Daviyon Nixon (IDL Iowa) instead.

2-SF) Brevin Jordan, TE Miami (6'3", 245 lb) - Jordan has kind of been forgotten due to the ascension of Pitts, but he's a very capable receiver and can also block. He put up a respectable 576-7 stat line in 8 games with Miami this past season. He's a bit shorter than most prefer TEs nowadays, but he reminds me of Delanie Walker, who was a very good TE with TEN for 5 years.

3) Ifeatu Melifonwu, CB Syracuse (6'2", 212 lb) - I'm going with Melifonwu assuming Anarumo wants to continue running a zone coverage scheme. Melifonwu fits well in that scheme, having the necessary size and range to be very effective. I look for him to compete with Phillips as the starter outside across from Waynes.

4) Shaka Toney, EDGE Penn St (6'3", 250 lb) - Fast edge rusher who provides a good rotational piece with Lawson and Hubbard. Toney was pretty consistent in his 4 years at PSU, putting up 20 sacks and 28.5 TFL across 40 games.

4-SF) Josh Imatorbhebhe, WR Illinois (6'2", 215 lb) - Bigger receiver who shows off good athleticism, leaping ability, and ball skills. Imatorbhebhe has already shown to have a 47" vertical leap! He has good speed for his size, but he's not a blazer. Imatorbhebhe needs some development in route running and didn't have a lot of production in college (bad QB play a big factor), but he shows good potential to develop into a good outside WR. He reminds me of a more raw, slightly shorter Kenny Golladay.

5) Tyree Gillespie, SS Mizzou (6'0", 210 lb) - Dude is a hitter with solid speed. With Shawn Williams likely departing in FA, I think Gillespie would be a good backup SS behind Bell. Gillespie also should be good on ST too, which will be needed.

6) Deommodore Lenoir, CB Oregon (5'11", 202 lb) - Depth CB who has experience in zone coverage. Lenoir can take one of those last two CB spots.

7) Khalil Herbert, RB Virginia Tech (5'9", 204 lb) - Compact RB who can run, catch, and block. I see him coming in as RB3 with Trayveon Williams getting RB2 duties behind Mixon.

7-SEA trade) JD Spielman, WR/RS TCU (5'9", 180 lb) - Slot receiver and PR to replace Erickson.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2021, 12:34 PM)ochocincos Wrote: 1-1 (JAX) - Lawrence - Duh
1-2 (NYJ) - Sewell - There are rumors the Jets stick with Darnold and build around him. They also could trade for Watson or some other proven vet QB. Regardless, they could use another stud OT to go along with Becton, protecting whichever QB they roll with.
1-3 (MIA) - Smith - MIA needs another playmaker. They take the Heisman winner who has played with Tua already.
1-5 - The 49ers move up from 12 to 5 to get their offensive player of choice. They go QB if they want to move on from Garoppolo ($23.6 mill freed up cap), they go WR otherwise. They could have Chase to be the WR1 to go along with Aiyuk and Kittle. Along with the 12th pick, the 49ers send their 2nd and 4th rounders.

1-12) Christian Darrisaw, OT Virginia Tech (6'5", 314 lb) - Darrisaw really stepped up in 2020. He was PFF's highest-graded OT in the Power 5 against both the run and pass, 2nd highest in all of college football. They gave him a 95.6 overall grade, which was just 0.2 points lower than Sewell's dominant 2019. Darrisaw has the length, size, and athleticism to thrive in Pollack's wide zone run blocking scheme and should be a valuable pass protector for Joe Burrow. If the Bengals get a FA RT (haha), drafting Darrisaw would allow the Bengals to swing Jonah Williams inside to LG, where some believed would be his best position when drafted.

2) Christian Barmore, IDL Alabama (6'5", 310 lb) - Barmore had a Quinnen Williams type of season rushing from the inside. He has the size to not only dominate as a 4-3 DT but also play 3-4 DE. Barmore would be the replacement for Atkins. If he doesn't make it to 38, I'd take Daviyon Nixon (IDL Iowa) instead.

2-SF) Brevin Jordan, TE Miami (6'3", 245 lb) - Jordan has kind of been forgotten due to the ascension of Pitts, but he's a very capable receiver and can also block. He put up a respectable 576-7 stat line in 8 games with Miami this past season. He's a bit shorter than most prefer TEs nowadays, but he reminds me of Delanie Walker, who was a very good TE with TEN for 5 years.

3) Ifeatu Melifonwu, CB Syracuse (6'2", 212 lb) - I'm going with Melifonwu assuming Anarumo wants to continue running a zone coverage scheme. Melifonwu fits well in that scheme, having the necessary size and range to be very effective. I look for him to compete with Phillips as the starter outside across from Waynes.

4) Shaka Toney, EDGE Penn St (6'3", 250 lb) - Fast edge rusher who provides a good rotational piece with Lawson and Hubbard. Toney was pretty consistent in his 4 years at PSU, putting up 20 sacks and 28.5 TFL across 40 games.

4-SF) Josh Imatorbhebhe, WR Illinois (6'2", 215 lb) - Bigger receiver who shows off good athleticism, leaping ability, and ball skills. Imatorbhebhe has already shown to have a 47" vertical leap! He has good speed for his size, but he's not a blazer. Imatorbhebhe needs some development in route running and didn't have a lot of production in college (bad QB play a big factor), but he shows good potential to develop into a good outside WR. He reminds me of a more raw, slightly shorter Kenny Golladay.

5) Tyree Gillespie, SS Mizzou (6'0", 210 lb) - Dude is a hitter with solid speed. With Shawn Williams likely departing in FA, I think Gillespie would be a good backup SS behind Bell. Gillespie also should be good on ST too, which will be needed.

6) Deommodore Lenoir, CB Oregon (5'11", 202 lb) - Depth CB who has experience in zone coverage. Lenoir can take one of those last two CB spots.

7) Khalil Herbert, RB Virginia Tech (5'9", 204 lb) - Compact RB who can run, catch, and block. I see him coming in as RB3 with Trayveon Williams getting RB2 duties behind Mixon.

7-SEA trade) JD Spielman, WR/RS TCU (5'9", 180 lb) - Slot receiver and PR to replace Erickson.

Like it alot, and love getting Darrisaw.

Plus, I'd laugh hearing Lap on Sunday's try to say Josh Imatorbhebhe's name.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2021, 04:49 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Like it alot, and love getting Darrisaw.

Plus, I'd laugh hearing Lap on Sunday's try to say Josh Imatorbhebhe's name.

Hearing announcers say his name is great. The "bhebhe" part reminds me of Moira Rose from Schitt's Creek.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2021, 12:34 PM)ochocincos Wrote: 1-1 (JAX) - Lawrence - Duh

I can see Sewell being gone, I ma not sure only 4 QB's go with 1st four picks. I can see Atlanta either grabbing a QB or trading back as they also have a lot of needs. If and a big if, only 4 QB's are taken, I think our 5th pick got a lot more valuable for trade value, I see many teams that would trade up to get Fields, Wilson and maybe the forgotten kid Trey Lance.

I could see a bidding war with Washington, SF and maybe Detroit if those 3 are still available when we pick. Teams trading up for QB we can forget the chart, it is not the same when a franchise QB may be available for a team.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2021, 02:35 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I can see Sewell being gone, I ma not sure only 4 QB's go with 1st four picks. I can see Atlanta either grabbing a QB or trading back as they also have a lot of needs. If and a big if, only 4 QB's are taken, I think our 5th pick got a lot more valuable for trade value, I see many teams that would trade up to get Fields, Wilson and maybe the forgotten kid Trey Lance.

I could see a bidding war with Washington, SF and maybe Detroit if those 3 are still available when we pick. Teams trading up for QB we can forget the chart, it is not the same when a franchise QB may be available for a team.

I am not sure what you are saying? I don't have 4 QBs in the first 4 picks.
I think ATL could grab a QB to groom behind Matt Ryan, but I don't think that helps them win now if they have that goal before Matt Ryan retires.
I do think MIA and/or NYJ could trade back if they don't want a QB themselves, but I do think both could go for an OT/WR if they want to stick with Tua/Darnold.

Also, I didn't want to get too into trades of the above teams since we don't know what that could be. The mock was intended that the top 4 picks would stay put but CIN would trade back.

Regardless, the goal was to get extra picks because I think Darrisaw+Jordan+Imatorbhebhe is going to be better than just getting Chase, Sewell, Smith, or Pitts.
If it helps, I can remove Picks 1-4 so people don't focus on those. The only reason I listed them was to help explain why SF was trading up.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Like the draft I would give it and A- if this happened in real life. Only thing I would like to see addressed is the guard position.
Best pick- Baramore- I would be surprised if he is there in the 2nd but if he is that's a grand slam pick. I think there is a good chance he goes in the top 15.
? Pick- Jordan- I like him as a prospect but he is more of a want than a need. I'm nitpicking thought.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2021, 03:20 PM)J24 Wrote: Like the draft I would give it and A- if this happened in real life. Only thing I would like to see addressed is the guard position.
Best pick- Baramore- I would be surprised if he is there in the 2nd but if he is that's a grand slam pick. I think there is a good chance he goes in the top 15.
? Pick- Jordan- I like him as a prospect but he is more of a want than a need. I'm nitpicking thought.

I didn't want to make it too long with added FA, but the expectation was Spain would be re-signed and Jonah Williams would be shifted inside too. Daryl Williams was added to replace Hart at RT.
So the starters would be Jonah and Spain with XSF and Jordan as backups.
So the OL would be Darrisaw-Jonah-Hopkins-Spain-Daryl

I would like for Uzomah to be cut because it's over $5 mill saved in cap, so I wanted to find another TE since I don't think Sample is that good. That's why I picked Brevin Jordan. I don't really think any of the TEs that will be available on Day 3 will become good enough pass-catching TEs. Tre McKitty might, but I could see him potentially going in Rd 3 after Senior Bowl.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote