Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pre-Combine Mock
(03-06-2022, 08:09 PM)pulses Wrote: I hope we are able to get him I think he is going to be really good.

I'm REALLY anxious to see where Tariq Woolen is drafted.
I'm thinking Rd 2 for sure now, maybe even Rd 1 for the more gambler-type drafting teams.
Dude is a straight up athletic stud.
Given Anarumo's background with DBs, I could see them pulling the trigger on Woolen if they get the starting OL set in FA.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2022, 08:15 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm REALLY anxious to see where Tariq Woolen is drafted.
I'm thinking Rd 2 for sure now, maybe even Rd 1 for the more gambler-type drafting teams.
Dude is a straight up athletic stud.
Given Anarumo's background with DBs, I could see them pulling the trigger on Woolen if they get the starting OL set in FA.

He has tremendous upside. I wouldn't be opposed as long as OL is addressed in FA.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2022, 06:24 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I guess I have more faith in the Bengals drafting WRs than you do.

Higgins rookie year:
67 rec, 908 yards, 6 TDs

Chase:
81 rec, 1455 yards, 13 TDs

If there's one position I trust them the most, it's WR.

I sure as hell trust them more with drafting quality immediate contributors there than I do at OL.

That's not the point.  The point is that there's no need to make that decision this year.  There's enough money to do everything needed without taking away the guy that has a huge part in making this offense click.  If you want to draft a WR, do it.  See if you can make that change in 2023.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2022, 05:26 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: That's not the point.  The point is that there's no need to make that decision this year.  There's enough money to do everything needed without taking away the guy that has a huge part in making this offense click.  If you want to draft a WR, do it.  See if you can make that change in 2023.

I don't know if there's going to be enough money to do everything needed.
We'll have to see how the contracts play out in FA starting next week.
But Boyd is someone I'm definitely willing to move on from if I need extra cap.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2022, 05:56 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I don't know if there's going to be enough money to do everything needed.
We'll have to see how the contracts play out in FA starting next week.
But Boyd is someone I'm definitely willing to move on from if I need extra cap.

Leaves us with basically nothing after Chase and Higgins. 

No team is going to be perfect. We have plenty to add a couple O-lineman and resign the guys we need. Add in a lower cost vet to play along the O-line and this team is ready to go.

The reality is that we have to hit on our draft picks. Those are the only way to get low cost guys that can fill needs down the road
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2022, 05:59 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Leaves us with basically nothing after Chase and Higgins. 

You're assuming they wouldn't get some other cheaper FA(s).
Add Josh Reynolds and an early draft pick and you have your WRs after Chase and Higgins, IMO.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2022, 06:02 PM)ochocincos Wrote: You're assuming they wouldn't get some other cheaper FA(s).
Add Josh Reynolds and an early draft pick and you have your WRs after Chase and Higgins, IMO.

Possible.  But he's a completely different type of WR than Boyd.  Filling that spot isn't as easy.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2022, 06:03 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Possible.  But he's a completely different type of WR than Boyd.  Filling that spot isn't as easy.

Yes, Reynolds isn't that kind of receiver, I agree.
Reynolds would back up Higgins and Chase while the draft pick filled the slot.
And then someone like Trent Taylor or a late draft pick could be the backup slot.

All I'm saying is:
1) There are options if the team did move on from Boyd
2) I'm only wanting to move on from Boyd if the Bengals need the cap

Frankly, at this point, let's just wait until next week for FA to start playing out so we don't have to keep debating so much about FAs lol.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote