Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pre Combine Wish
1. Charles Harris DE Mizzou - I think he is like the elite pass rushers in the league. Explosive off the line and wins with multiple moves. He makes MJ a backup day one. He is going to be a difference maker.

2. Ryan Anderson LB Bama - Powerful bully type player. He will be the blitzing LB Marvin has never had here. He would be a starting LB along with Burfict and Vigil. Can drop down and play DE to rush the passer. Gilberrys cousin is one of my favorite players in the draft.

2T. David Njoku TE Miami - Freak athlete from a TE factory. Kroft and Uzi wont stop me from passing on an elite TE prospect. Eifert could be entering his final year here. Id gladly keep him around for mid tier TE money just dont see that happening. Njoku and Eifert plus AJ Green is just crazy. This pick is assuming AJMC trade.

3. Forrest Lamp T WKU - Has the required athleticism to play LT, does not have the desired size. Hopefully the size concern lets us get him here. Has a ton of experience at LT. This is Ogbuehi bust insurance. Hell if Whit leaves he could start.

3C. Taylor Moton T WMU - Back to back tackles might seem weird. But an influx of talent is needed. I have hope Fisher will be good. But Winston needs to be gone and Whit is in the twilight of his career. At worst backup RG and RT.

4. Wayne Gallman RB Clemson - Runs with a purpose. There is a good number of mid round RBs I like. Gallman could turn in to a nice all around back.

4C. Kevin King DB Washington - Long lanky CB who plays with an attitude. I want to cross train him. Bulk him up just a little and see what he can do at S. If Dennard stays a bust King goes back to CB.

5. TBD
5C.
6C.

I really want the first 4 picks from this mock. Wouldnt care about any other picks if we could get them. Harris and Anderson would transform our front 7 and double our number of legit pass rush threats. Njoku should be a huge weapon right away. As long as Eifert is healthy we would be a base two TE set. Lamp looks legit to me. Lots of talk about he needs to move to G. I want to keep him at LT. His combine measurements will have a big impact on his stock. But guys without prototype size succeed all over the NFL. If we lose a super talented OL out of our own backyard because Paul Alexander says he is an inch too short I will be pissed.
Reply/Quote
I would have to pass on this. Harris at 9 is a huge reach. You could draft BPA at 9 and trade up out of the 2nd to take him in the 20's, if he's your guy. I don't like going TE that high. Eifert could easily be FT/TT'd next year and there are always quality backups at TE available in FA. Back to back T's is confusing. This is a poor T class, and doubling up at that position is a bad move. Plus, we will probably resign Whit and won't carry 5 T's.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2017, 01:34 PM)Whatever Wrote: I would have to pass on this.  Harris at 9 is a huge reach.  You could draft BPA at 9 and trade up out of the 2nd to take him in the 20's, if he's your guy.  I don't like going TE that high.  Eifert could easily be FT/TT'd next year and there are always quality backups at TE available in FA.  Back to back T's is confusing.  This is a poor T class, and doubling up at that position is a bad move.  Plus, we will probably resign Whit and won't carry 5 T's.
Harris at 20 would be a reach ,let alone at 9
Reply/Quote