Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pre Employment Drug test
if you start doing some good biker crank and mix it with whatever heroin you can scare up, I guarantee they'll overlook the weed when they see those pop.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2021, 10:40 PM)samhain Wrote: if you start doing some good biker crank and mix it with whatever heroin you can scare up, I guarantee they'll overlook the weed when they see those pop.

Hell, may not even have to worry about the drug test anymore if you get the dosage right!
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 07:35 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Yes they identify it, but what he was talking about was that the presence of THC alone is not what causes a failed test, rather the proportion of THC to other naturally occuring items in the body.  

But that just is not true. The THC level is reported as ng/ml of your blood. There is no "proportion to other naturally occurring items".  So adding something else to your system does not change the amount of THC in your blood.

And not everyone has THC in their system from some "natural source".  There is a certain baseline amount required for a "positive" test.  So you will not fail for just a very small "trace".  But there is no way you can reduce the amount below "trace" level by ingesting something else.

I don't mean to be starting a fight.  I just think this as misinformation that could possibly get someone on trouble.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2021, 04:08 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: So funny story. I work in an oil refinery - which if you've ever been in one, tend to get hot as shit. Especially in summer. ESPECIALLY in August. So my company at the time dictated that we have to drink X amount of water based on Y temperature. 

This particular day was excruciatingly hot, and our Nomex were a very deep forest green. There wasn't a cloud in the sky and I was working near the hydrocracker (one of the hottest areas in the refinery - I call the particular area the Devil's Asshole because it's 2 heat exchangers side by side that look like legs and run HOT; couple hundred degrees outside of the insulation hot). So I was drinking A LOT of water. Then I got popped for a random.

No big deal I tell myself - you haven't smoked weed in 6 years, and even then it was a couple of hits every couple of months at most. So I go in, I drop, I go back to work.

Come back the next day to a suspension notice because my piss was so diluted because of all the water I was drinking to stave off heat stroke.

We run into this often in the trucking industry. CDL drivers get pulled for random, go to hospital, driver gets stage fright and can’t pee, drinks a ton of water so he/she can pee and then tests negative/dilute.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 07:36 AM)fredtoast Wrote: But that just is not true. The THC level is reported as ng/ml of your blood. There is no "proportion to other naturally occurring items".  So adding something else to your system does not change the amount of THC in your blood.

And not everyone has THC in their system from some "natural source".  There is a certain baseline amount required for a "positive" test.  So you will not fail for just a very small "trace".  But there is no way you can reduce the amount below "trace" level by ingesting something else.

I don't mean to be starting a fight.  I just think this as misinformation that could possibly get someone on trouble.

Considering I pointed out from the get go that I don't remember what you had to do to beat the test, I don't see how that could be the case.
Now, had I said "drink the glasses of OJ and eat 2 bananas and you'll pass" or something like that, then I would agree with you.

But the fact remains, this guy DID work in the testing, and DID pass weekly despite smoking DAILY.  This is because they would look at the report and say "X ng/ml of THC, but item Y is X-10 ng/ml and item Z is also X ng/ml, so it cannot be concluded this individual was smoking marijuana". For the record, it should be obvious that I made up the numbers as examples.  You don't have to believe what the guy said, but I do, as he never failed a test...
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 07:48 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: We run into this often in the trucking industry. CDL drivers get pulled for random, go to hospital, driver gets stage fright and can’t pee, drinks a ton of water so he/she can pee and then tests negative/dilute.

We had to take "Not So Random" random drug tests when I was on Lexington PD. Always seemed to get randomly picked just after vacation of a birthday.... funny how that happens. I went in to work 2nd shift one time, conducted roll call, got my guys out on the street, finished a little bit of paperwork then took a whiz before heading out onto the street knowing once the radio started it would be awhile before I got a break. Completely emptied out and then as I was on my way out the door the Lt. hands me the envelope and says I have 30 minutes to be at the lab to give a sample. Talk about pressure, I had nothing left in my bladder. Wound up having to down 3 cups of coffee just to fill to the line. Failure to piss in the given time limit is considered a failure. I was "pissed" to say the least.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2021, 08:52 AM)Sled21 Wrote: We had to take "Not So Random" random drug tests when I was on Lexington PD. Always seemed to get randomly picked just after vacation of a birthday.... funny how that happens. I went in to work 2nd shift one time, conducted roll call, got my guys out on the street, finished a little bit of paperwork then took a whiz before heading out onto the street knowing once the radio started it would be awhile before I got a break. Completely emptied out and then as I was on my way out the door the Lt. hands me the envelope and says I have 30 minutes to be at the lab to give a sample. Talk about pressure, I had nothing left in my bladder. Wound up having to down 3 cups of coffee just to fill to the line. Failure to piss in the given time limit is considered a failure. I was "pissed" to say the least.

Your never completely empty so getting the sample via catheter was an option. LOL

Reply/Quote
Way back in 1985 I applied for a job with the Chattanooga City Fire Department.  There was a series of tests (Written, Physical, polygraph) and after each round they cut down the field.  The very last step was a physical that included a drug test.  Back then I was just out of college and was smoking a lot of weed.  I stopped smoking to clean my system in time for the drug screen.  After each round of tests I would get a call back within a couple of days to let me know I had made it to the next level.  When it got down to waiting for the physical I did not hear anything for a week so I figure I had not made the cut.  But the very day after I started smoking again I got a call to report for the physical.

Someone told me to drink vinegar to mask the THC.  I tried that but I threw most of it back up.  I did not have much hope, but I took the test and was hired as a firefighter.

The wildest part of that story is that usually the city would only hire 5 or 6 new firemen a year and the only way to get on the force was to have a "horse" or some one already on the force that would recommend you.  But that year they had to hire 14 and I did so well on all the tests that they hired me even though I knew no one on the force.  The only reason they hired so many that year is that they had just started a drug testing program the year before and had had to fire 10 guys for multiple failed tests.
Reply/Quote
Dayton probation dept used to test for pregnancy in people just because so many were using gf's urine taped to themselves.. I heard more than once in the PO office, "Congratulations, you're pregnant..but you'll be delivering from jail.." It's a felony to fake a urine test in case you're wondering..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2021, 12:14 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Your never completely empty so getting the sample via catheter was an option. LOL

Yeah, but that would have been after the fight..... Cool
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2021, 08:47 AM)grampahol Wrote: Dayton probation dept used to test for pregnancy in people just because so many were using gf's urine taped to themselves.. I heard more than once in the PO office, "Congratulations, you're pregnant..but you'll be delivering from jail.." It's a felony to fake a urine test in case you're wondering..

They use temperature to tell if it is urine from outside your body.
Reply/Quote