Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radio Question.
Well, first let me say that since my son is staying here, saving money for his marriage in May of 2018, he offered to split the Direct TV NFL Ticket with me since he is an Eagles fan. Getting closer to the season, I pulled the trigger and took him up on his offer.

I WAS going to do the NFL Game Pass, which lets you watch preseason games, and listen to every season game, because now they black out the radio broadcasts during the season in order to steer more folks to Game Pass.

My question is does anyone know if you can still listen to the preseason games on WLW radio? Even though I'm in Florida I can still listen to any station I want, provided it isn't blacked out.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2017, 12:09 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Well, first let me say that since my son is staying here, saving money for his marriage in May of 2018, he offered to split the Direct TV NFL Ticket with me since he is an Eagles fan.  Getting closer to the season, I pulled the trigger and took him up on his offer.

I WAS going to do the NFL Game Pass, which lets you watch preseason games, and listen to every season game, because now they black out the radio broadcasts during the season in order to steer more folks to Game Pass.

My question is does anyone know if you can still listen to the preseason games on WLW radio?  Even though I'm in Florida I can still listen to any station I want, provided it isn't blacked out.

If you can pick it up over the air, yes. 

On iheart radio or any other internet site, no. 

Well....700WLW maybe not. It's on 1530 and WEBN but not on 700 until baseball season is over.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Thought this was going to be a question about WJIII
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2017, 08:22 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: If you can pick it up over the air, yes. 

On iheart radio or any other internet site, no. 

Well....700WLW maybe not. It's on 1530 and WEBN but not on 700 until baseball season is over.

Thanks rf. 1530 is what I will try for.
Reply/Quote
If you can pick up the Tampa stations the Buccaneer's game will be broadcast live on WFLA channel 8 at 7:30 pm Friday.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2017, 11:36 AM)freezebowlbengal Wrote: If you can pick up the Tampa stations the Buccaneer's game will be broadcast live on WFLA channel 8 at 7:30 pm Friday.

I don't live close enough to the local stations but they do show all Miami/Tampa games here during the season.  I will check into that though.
Reply/Quote
FaceTime someone in Ohio and have them turn the game on and walk away

Reply/Quote
Duh! Cool Actually freezebowl had the right idea. I checked ahead to Friday on the DTV guide and the game will air on our local Fox network since it is an 'away' game for Tampa Bay and we get all of the Tampa and Miami games!

Now I will wait until the day before the Chiefs game, sign up for the Game Pass trial, then cancel after the Chiefs game is over and I will get to see the Redskin game as it will aired primetime!
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2017, 02:34 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: FaceTime someone in Ohio and have them turn the game on and walk away

Rock On   Good idea
Reply/Quote