• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pre Preseason Game Two Pick Two Roster Predictions
Without rewriting the whole 53:

Dovontae Harris

Ryan Hewitt
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 12:28 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Here is a 51 man roster. Who are you adding with the two openings to fill out our opening week 53 man roster?

QB Dalton Driskel
RB Mixon Gio Walton Hill
TE Eifert Kroft Uzi
WR Green Boyd Ross Malone Tate Erickson
OL Glenn Boling Price Westerman Hart Hopkins Redmond Fisher Ogbuehi

DT Geno Billings Glasgow Brown
DE Dunlap MJ Lawson Willis Hubbard
LB Vigil Brown Evans Rey Malik (Sean Williams)
S Illoka Bates Fej Wilson
CB WJ3 Kirk DD Shaw Russell

ST Randy Huber Harris

Hmm. The legit options are 

Chris Baker

Dav Harris 
Darius Phillips
Shawn Williams  (I hope you're right about them keeping Brandon Wilson over him but I think it will likely be the other way around)
Hardy Nickerson
Brandon Bell 
Burfict doesn't count until he gets back right? 
TJ Johnson
Ryan Hewitt
Core is mos def gone IMO

I actually think Brian Hill may end up on the PS unless another RB is injured but if I had to pick 2 with what you've posted? Probably Nickerson (until Burfict gets back) and Williams. Not that I love Williams but we need more DBs one way or another. Darius Phillips has struggled though he looks good on special teams. Not sure if Davontae Harris is really good enough to make the squad. 

Of course there will likely be some unexpected cuts and sadly some injuries (though I hope not). Maybe you hide a corner on IR and an LB on practice squad. 

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2018, 06:20 PM)3wt Wrote: Hewitt and Worely

Less a prediction; more of a wish projection.

Hewitt hardly played last week.  Worely had 9 snaps.

I think they may be getting ready to cut Hewitt and try to tuck Worely on the Practice Squad.

I'd love to see them use Hewitt more extensively and give Worely some meaningful snaps.

But that's me
I think Hewitt stays. Worley is PS material. I had heard he was playing a little DE last week, why I don't know? But that is never a good sign, I think.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2018, 06:37 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: Hmm. The legit options are 

Chris Baker

Dav Harris 
Darius Phillips
Shawn Williams  (I hope you're right about them keeping Brandon Wilson over him but I think it will likely be the other way around)
Hardy Nickerson
Brandon Bell 
Burfict doesn't count until he gets back right? 
TJ Johnson
Ryan Hewitt
Core is mos def gone IMO

I actually think Brian Hill may end up on the PS unless another RB is injured but if I had to pick 2 with what you've posted? Probably Nickerson (until Burfict gets back) and Williams. Not that I love Williams but we need more DBs one way or another. Darius Phillips has struggled though he looks good on special teams. Not sure if Davontae Harris is really good enough to make the squad. 

Of course there will likely be some unexpected cuts and sadly some injuries (though I hope not). Maybe you hide a corner on IR and an LB on practice squad. 
I might be one of the few or only one, but I don't think Walton is a lock to make the 53 man squad. 
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2018, 09:23 AM)Nickslycat Wrote: https://www.cardiosmart.org/News-and-Events/2017/07/Anabolic-Steroids-Increase-Risk-for-Heart-Disease-in-Young-and-MiddleAged-Men

It is common knowledge, to anybody who has been around any gym.

This is just one study of hundreds.  

Of course I don’t have definitive proof in his case, but it is a highly probable cause.

Read the study carefully.  They say the word "may" several times.  They do not know if the subjects were using just steroids or not using steroids because they based their data intake via self-report.  They did not use randomization of subjects, which means those who "claimed" to use steroids may have been using other substances like alcohol, cigarettes.  This is not a controlled study.  The author also stated "this is the first study of its kind..." So I am confused when you say "This is one study of hundreds."

Long term effects of steroid use is correlation data and not cause and effect.  I conducted a national study appointed by Secretary of Health and Human Services for the government years ago.   You simply cannot conduct experimental studies at least not ethically.  Correlations are descriptive but cannot establish cause and effect.  During our study on adolescent steroid users we discovered, that one, some of the users were not using actual steroids but placebo or fake substances because they bought it black market.  Most of our subjects took varying dosage of what ever substance they were taking because it was not prescribed by a physician.  Dosage and cycling are significant factors. Two, the reliability of self-report studies are suspect.  Three, steroid users would combine steroids with other drugs from crystal meth to HGH, to other chemical substances.  There are other factors like diet, hydration, family history and genetic factors.  

By the way, Ice Cream has been correlated to murder, shark attacks, drownings...  

What is "common knowledge" around the gym may be inaccurate.  And there is not a single study with definitive proof that steroids increase risk of heart disease.  There are many studies that Steroids may elevate LDL and at least temporarily and cause hyperlipidemia but that is not the same as heart disease.     There are studies that show when athletes cease taking steroids, the elevated cholesterol is reversed. 

I am unaware if Fisher ever tested positive for PED.  Did Fisher admit in taking steroids? I personally wouldn't judge Fisher's condition prematurely or assume it is because he did this or that.  Medical information is confidential and we do not know his family history or the cause of his condition.  

[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2018, 06:37 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: Hmm. The legit options are 

Probably Nickerson (until Burfict gets back) and Williams.
My bad. Spelled Shawn wrong. I have him on the 51 man. Counting him as my 6th LB but that is more for emergency depth until Burfict comes back. I expect him to play a lot. One of the toughest on the team. 
I cant get excited about Nickerson. 
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2018, 09:15 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Read the study carefully.  They say the word "may" several times.  They do not know if the subjects were using just steroids or not using steroids because they based their data intake via self-report.  They did not use randomization of subjects, which means those who "claimed" to use steroids may have been using other substances like alcohol, cigarettes.  This is not a controlled study.  The author also stated "this is the first study of its kind..." So I am confused when you say "This is one study of hundreds."

Long term effects of steroid use is correlation data and not cause and effect.  I conducted a national study appointed by Secretary of Health and Human Services for the government years ago.   You simply cannot conduct experimental studies at least not ethically.  Correlations are descriptive but cannot establish cause and effect.  During our study on adolescent steroid users we discovered, that one, some of the users were not using actual steroids but placebo or fake substances because they bought it black market.  Most of our subjects took varying dosage of what ever substance they were taking because it was not prescribed by a physician.  Dosage and cycling are significant factors. Two, the reliability of self-report studies are suspect.  Three, steroid users would combine steroids with other drugs from crystal meth to HGH, to other chemical substances.  There are other factors like diet, hydration, family history and genetic factors.  

By the way, Ice Cream has been correlated to murder, shark attacks, drownings...  

What is "common knowledge" around the gym may be inaccurate.  And there is not a single study with definitive proof that steroids increase risk of heart disease.  There are many studies that Steroids may elevate LDL and at least temporarily and cause hyperlipidemia but that is not the same as heart disease.     There are studies that show when athletes cease taking steroids, the elevated cholesterol is reversed. 

I am unaware if Fisher ever tested positive for PED.  Did Fisher admit in taking steroids? I personally wouldn't judge Fisher's condition prematurely or assume it is because he did this or that.  Medical information is confidential and we do not know his family history or the cause of his condition.  

I googled steroid use and heart conditions. There was over a thousand hits. All fake news?

You are right though, I don’t know what has caused his heart condition.
Reply/Quote
I cut Og, add Perkins and another OT come cut down day to give a shot til Burfict gets back.

Think Perkins just had a bad game and he will get it together. Lap has been praising him. Think he will show why.

As others have stated, Hewitt definately makes the team.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2018, 12:35 PM)Whatever Wrote: It's not just his age, though.  It's the unnatural amount of weight gain he did during college that makes it suspect.

So does that mean Hubbard was on roids too? I mean he went from a DB in high school to a DE in college putting on a bunch of weight in the process.
Reply/Quote
I am so ready for this game. Let's do this!

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2018, 12:35 PM)Whatever Wrote: It's not just his age, though.  It's the unnatural amount of weight gain he did during college that makes it suspect.

I gained 50 lbs in pharmacy school. Was I on steroids?  I wonder if he had a pimple in college, that is even more solid proof.
Reply/Quote
ogbuehi is playing like he already knows the righting is on the wall
Reply/Quote