Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bad Weather- What About Training Camp?
(08-15-2018, 10:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Lol! I've never had autocorrect change "our" to "are", but whatever.   LOL 

Btw, I think that you're supposed to look at what you wrote, before you post it...    Mellow

LOL.. Some of us are aware of auto-correct/spell check and make sure to edit things before scolling down to the little "post reply" button thingie..  It's not MY FAULT if I'm a bit of a stickler for my writing being legible to most of you. Heck , for that matter most of my posts get edited even after I do hit the little 'post reply' button thingie...sometimes on multiple occasions..  Nervous

C'mon Fred.. You know you wanna stir the 'Mike Brown' is cheap pot.. Don't be dancing around it. Put your hand right down into that boiling caudron and stir away ! 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2018, 05:04 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I played football for 10 years, never practiced in a bubble and survived 2 a days in August 95 degree heat my high school years. Oh and I did not get paid millions of dollars either. Suck it up buttercups, it will be OK.

Perhaps the fact that you weren't making millions of dollars is why you were outside in the elements.  I'd imagine a lot of the current Bengals players spent as many, if not more hours in the elements during their formative years as you did. They are professionals now, and professionals tend to get preferential treatment over unpaid amateurs.

I know I've personally seen this in my life. The more money I've made over the years and the more important the job I've had, the more side perks and extras and conveniences I've been given. I worked minimum wage and got nothing. I worked in an office and there was an office coffee pot. I had a more important job at a university and there was a coffee pot within spitting distance (and it had those fancy k cups in whichever variety I asked for). I worked at an ad agency on Madison Avenue and there was fancy coffee, free bagels, a free keg and entertainment/game room a few floors down, and other stuff brought to us by company employees.

Work hard, get better, get better jobs, get more stuff. What of it? Treating a guy who is apparently worth millions to your organization like he's some high school kid is bad business, particularly when he knows that your competitors don't treat his peers like amateurs.

FINAL EDIT: Anyways, saying you played HS football outside and the Bengals should is like me telling someone who puts his Lexus in the garage that I park my 1992 grand am outside.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2018, 10:43 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Not an indoor field in the classic sense, it's more of just storage space (or something like that) which they converted into turf to practice on (if I remember correctly).

Better than nothing, but still nothing to really write home about.

It's not a huge space, but it is enough to do walk-throughs, and for the lines to line up against each other, while the rest are lifting or having meetings...
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2018, 05:04 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I know people love to spend other people's money, but lightning is the only thing stopping an outdoor practice in my opinion. I have seen few days in my life in Cincy where it lightning was persistent from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. So, I suggest they move the practice times to miss the storms, if a apop up, they may have to use their indoor at PBS to do some work.

I think way too many people get all worked up about no indoor stadium (I will get ready to be blasted) saying things like injury and other concerns when I don't recall one injury of a player reported at PBS due to rain and thunder. I played football for 10 years, never practiced in a bubble and survived 2 a days in August 95 degree heat my high school years. Oh and I did not get paid millions of dollars either. Suck it up buttercups, it will be OK.

10 years of High School football?? C'mon Luvnit2, I'd have thrown the towel in after 6 years.... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2018, 02:18 PM)sandwedge Wrote: 10 years of High School football?? C'mon Luvnit2, I'd have thrown the towel in after 6 years.... Hilarious

You may want to reread my post you quoted.... Smirk
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2018, 05:51 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You may want to reread my post you quoted.... Smirk

Ok then.................
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2018, 10:06 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: they don't really need one....  we don't really suffer from the extreme weather they have north and south

Who knew Cincy was the perfect weather capital of the world. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2018, 06:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who knew Cincy was the perfect weather capital of the world. 

It could be worse in the summer,  something like South Carolina or Texas or worse in the winter like Green Bay or Minnesota, but still it can be brutally cold in Cincinnati. I nearly froze to death one night many moons ago hitch hiking in Cincinnati. If not for a total stranger spotting my nearly frozen self 10 feet above I-75 on the ice scrapped off the roadway then carrying me to his truck I wouldn't be here today . That's not to say that the team practices out on I-75 late at night right after big storms. In fact I'm pretty sure they don't . LOL
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2018, 06:45 PM)grampahol Wrote: It could be worse in the summer,  something like South Carolina or Texas or worse in the winter like Green Bay or Minnesota, but still it can be brutally cold in Cincinnati. I nearly froze to death one night many moons ago hitch hiking in Cincinnati. If not for a total stranger spotting my nearly frozen self 10 feet above I-75 on the ice scrapped off the roadway then carrying me to his truck I wouldn't be here today . That's not to say that the team practices out on I-75 late at night right after big storms. In fact I'm pretty sure they don't . LOL

Average temp in January is high of 40 (highs are normally during day)

Warmer in December and February

https://www.bing.com/search?q=average+temperatures+in+Cincinna%2C+Ohio+in+January&form=EDNTHT&mkt=en-us&httpsmsn=1&refig=900359b3c22a4a5af1030120eebfdc67&sp=-1&pq=average+temperatures+in+cincinna%2C+ohio+in+january&sc=0-49&qs=n&sk=&cvid=900359b3c22a4a5af1030120eebfdc67
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2018, 10:43 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Not an indoor field in the classic sense, it's more of just storage space (or something like that) which they converted into turf to practice on (if I remember correctly).

Better than nothing, but still nothing to really write home about.
Half of a Basketbal court
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Also to the people that don't think we need or it's not a big deal on if we need an indoor practice facility? Wouldn't it be nice if we could convert the feilds that surround PBS into parking lots for PBS or maybe some nice shops or Hotels?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2018, 12:08 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Also to the people that don't think we need or it's not a big deal on if we need an indoor practice facility? Wouldn't it be nice if we could convert the feilds that surround PBS into parking lots for PBS or maybe some nice shops or Hotels?

Very true.  Practice fields are unnecessary.  Play at PBS, practice at PBS.  While we're at it, who needs weights, nutritionists, doctors, or trainers?  These are millionaires, so if they need those things they can pay for them themselves.  Hell, back in the day when I was scoring four touchdowns in one game for Polk High, we didn't need any of that stuff.  Bunch damn *******, if ya ask me.  

[Image: al-bundy-meme-4-touchdowns.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
There is no place close to the stadium to build an indoor practice facility.
Will the city allow the Bengals to build a giant box on the river front?
What about Northern Kentucky, will they allow the Bengals to build an indoor practice building?

It's not just about Mike Brown being cheap, other factors come into play as well.

Now, I'm not saying the Bengals don't need one either. They should have built an indoor practice facility where they used to practice by the West 8th Viaduct. But they didn't.

I wonder if that land is still available? I haven't been down there in decades.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2018, 07:39 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: There is no place close to the stadium to build an indoor practice facility.
Will the city allow the Bengals to build a giant box on the river front?
What about Northern Kentucky, will they allow the Bengals to build an indoor practice building?

It's not just about Mike Brown being cheap, other factors come into play as well.

Now, I'm not saying the Bengals don't need one either. They should have built an indoor practice facility where they used to practice by the West 8th Viaduct. But they didn't.

I wonder if that land is still available? I haven't been down there in decades.

They could be at Griffin Elite, which is 11 minutes from the stadium in NKY to practice, but it also has state-of-the-art gym equipment and things like a cryotherapy chamber to heal players 

Field is 70x70, which is more than enough room:

[Image: Photo-Aug-31-8-04-27-PM.png]
Reply/Quote