Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
53 Man Roster By Position LB's First. The
(08-10-2017, 01:36 PM)Wyche Wrote: This.....I've been hearing some good things about Nickerson....if he turns out anywhere near what his old man was, he'll be a good pick up.

No doubt at all. If he's able to be like his Dad, man that would be a steal for us. 

I haven't really heard or read to much about him thus far though, anyone know how he is looking in camp?

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2017, 03:22 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: No doubt at all. If he's able to be like his Dad, man that would be a steal for us. 

I haven't really heard or read to much about him thus far though, anyone know how he is looking in camp?

Lap seems to like what he's seen from him so far.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2017, 04:33 PM)ochocincos Wrote: College stats for each player...

Player A:

6'2" 233 lb, 164 solo tackles, 117 assists, 281 total tackles, 21.0 TFL, 3.5 sacks, 5 INT, 16 PD, 4 FF

Player B:
6'3" 229 lb, 170 solo tackles, 103 assists, 273 solo tackles, 27.5 TFL, 7.5 sacks, 5 INT, 5 PD, 0 FF

Guess who is who.

Point Trying to Make: Both were extremely similar and productive in college.

The 1 stat that sticks out to me is 16 PD. A LB that can cover is priceless.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2017, 03:22 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: No doubt at all. If he's able to be like his Dad, man that would be a steal for us. 

Lap said something like Nickerson is extremely smart and just picked up the Defense really fast.

Coach on the field type. This is saying something for a rookie UDFA...
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2017, 03:36 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Lap seems to like what he's seen from him so far.

(08-10-2017, 04:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Lap said something like Nickerson is extremely smart and just picked up the Defense really fast.

Coach on the field type. This is saying something for a rookie UDFA...

If Lap likes him, probably should keep him around. 

It really seems like Lap has the best eye for talent involved with this franchise. I'm sure he is happy as a broadcaster, but seems like a smart move would be to get him more involved with the team.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2017, 04:50 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: If Lap likes him, probably should keep him around. 

It really seems like Lap has the best eye for talent involved with this franchise. I'm sure he is happy as a broadcaster, but seems like a smart move would be to get him more involved with the team.

Lap is pretty good at predicting things for the Bengals. There's been plenty of talk of his draft predictions, but I like listening to his UDFA predictions during camp. Someone asked him last year which undrafted guy had the best shot at the 53. His response was Alex Erickson. So when he throws a name out there, you know that they're at least a strong PS candidate.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2017, 04:50 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: If Lap likes him, probably should keep him around. 

Would love either him, Willie or of course the great Munoz to be our O-line coach.

Lap does have a great eye for talent don't he? But he also saying Jordan Evans has been impressive.

Should be one heck of a fight for that last LB spot right now between Evans and Nickerson according to Lap.

(08-10-2017, 04:56 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Lap is pretty good at predicting things for the Bengals. There's been plenty of talk of his draft predictions, but I like listening to his UDFA predictions during camp. Someone asked him last year which undrafted guy had the best shot at the 53. His response was Alex Erickson. So when he throws a name out there, you know that they're at least a strong PS candidate.

Yeah, he knows his stuff. I listen to what this guy says unlike Hobspin.

I like both Lap and Dan Hoard light years more.
Reply/Quote

Would be curious if he would be interested in coaching the line, or be an assistant at least. Munoz as well.
Reply/Quote