Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pre Season Game 1 Highlights
(08-12-2017, 03:03 AM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: Game highlights...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R3GDBq8pa0  (1:31 Watch Driskel break 4 ankles)

Joe Mixon Touches...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khb8DzKJWTQ

Thanks for these Ricky, reps. Have to add that D&H sports one, saw those Bucs trying to double Billings.

Ha, this is what i am talkin about! Get Sims the hell out of there and see what Billings does next to Geno damn it!!!

You cannot double both. Smirk

Speaking of D-line, MJ, Sims and Gilberry were shit but Geno, Billings, Chris Smith (had a monster game), Willis all
played good to great. Lawson as well. Got some real good info watching the D&H sports channel. Funny shit too.

On Offense. First and foremost the O-line looked great run blocking and good in pass protection. I was very happy
with this as this is everyone's concern. Og wasn't good but he doesn't have to be.

Mixon is a beast! :andy:
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2017, 03:03 AM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: Game highlights...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R3GDBq8pa0  (1:31 Watch Driskel break 4 ankles)

Joe Mixon Touches...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khb8DzKJWTQ

niiiiiiiiiice
Reply/Quote
Driskell looked great BTW, don't know what Pistons was talking about when he called him terrible.

Driskell, Hopkins, Mixon and Billings all looked great. Cool
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2017, 01:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks for these Ricky, reps. Have to add that D&H sports one, saw those Bucs trying to double Billings.

Ha, this is what i am talkin about! Get Sims the hell out of there and see what Billings does next to Geno damn it!!!

Speaking of D-line, MJ, Sims and Gilberry were shit but Geno, Billings, Chris Smith (had a monster game), Willis all
played good to great. Lawson as well. Got some real good info watching the D&H sports channel. Funny shit too.

On Offense. First and foremost the O-line looked great run blocking and good in pass protection. I was very happy
with this as this is everyone's concern. Og wasn't good but he doesn't have to be.

He's got the glide.  Great feet, very smooth.  And huge.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I think it's clear why they kept Driskel on the roster all last year. He was fun to watch.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I didn't see the game (I don't get channel 12 in West Chester for some reason and the back up  - channel 7 was playing Entertainment Tonight - grrrrrrrrrrrrr)

But it sounded like the starting defense did not play well against their starters.  No pressure and poor coverage.   I was surprised, I thought it was the offense that was going to look bad.

O-line sounded better than I expected.   Og had a couple of whiffs, one pretty bad and Bodine killed a drive getting destroyed by his man on one play (all per Lap).  But all in all they were doing a much better job than I expected.

Skill players all sounded really good.  Lap dissed Jeremy for not squaring his shoulders and forging ahead, but then he improved and made some very good runs.  Everyone in the booth raved about Mixon.  All the expected starting receivers sounded very good.

Fej sounded great in the box but suspect in coverage. 

Both kickers sounded good.  Look forward to the rest of that battle.  They need to give Smith and Willis some time with the starters.

Hope the D improves.  I was really disappointed in how bad the starters sounded.  Billings sounds promising, but got totally washed out of his lane as part of a Bucs TD play.

He's young.  Didn't here squat about Glascow.  Hope to hear more soon.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Bengals third string QB looks like a TE. He is huge.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2017, 01:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks for these Ricky, reps. Have to add that D&H sports one, saw those Bucs trying to double Billings.

Sims and MJ did not look good.   Sims was easily stopped at the LOS by one man.  They had to double Carlos and Geno.

Against the backups Willis, Smith and Glascow all looked good.  Like to see them get reps with the starters.
Reply/Quote
Any concerned with D backs? There receivers were wide open on the 1st two drives. (on our 1st string) They did ok in the red zone. But the rest of the way Buc's receivers were wide open. They also had a Few Drop passes when they were wide open. Little concerned? Is it D backs or Play calling? Not sure now.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2017, 04:06 PM)3wt Wrote: Sims and MJ did not look good.   Sims was easily stopped at the LOS by one man.  They had to double Carlos and Geno.

Against the backups Willis, Smith and Glascow all looked good.  Like to see them get reps with the starters.

Assume you mean Billings looked good not Glasgow. Wasn't able to see anything of Glasgow.

You are correct about Billings one bad play where he got washed out in your previous post and Fitzy ran it in but
like you said he is young. Want to see Billings next to Geno and like you said Willis or Smith take MJ's spot.

Sims looked terrible man, been eating too many cookies or something and i have always liked Sims.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2017, 12:32 PM)Trademark Wrote: Really don't think our starters on D were trying much for the most part it looked vanilla. I think they are playing it safe to avoid injuries

I don't think you people give credit to Winston and Fitzgerald throwing to Evans and Jackson.  Tampa may have more good receivers than we think we have...Lets give some credit to Tampa having a good offense and Evans one of the best receivers in the NFL and Jackson right up there. I expected Tampa to move the ball in the air.  We saw little of Kirkpatrick and Dennard and Jackson still have a lot to learn. I like that we played a good team, got about everybody in the game and played good enough to win with no major injuries. ....Dennard never has made the jump to the NFL as a shut down corner and Jackson is a Rookie. Forget him being injured all last season. On the field, WJ3 is a Rookie and he will get toasted like a Rookie as he makes the switch from college to a far superior NFL of far greater talent. He will learn, everybody has to be a Rookie and get burned on the learning curve. He will adjust and get better. Kirkpatrick who we saw little of last night, good thing Bengals resigned him and we aren't just going with Dennard and Jackson because they aren't top NFL corners yet.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I'd like to see Chris Smith getting more work with the first and second team.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I know we were still getting beat like a drum across the middle. These new improved faster linebackers are going to have to step up their game or that will continue to haunt us....
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2017, 11:47 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Who, in the secondary, was getting beat by Mike Evans?  I seen that Evans had 4 catches for 58 yds.

He was pushing off like it was going out of style. 

I don't recall a man coverage where there wasn't someone right with him. Forgot to DVR the game so i'm waiting for the Cowboys game to go off to see if i can watch it on Game Pass. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2017, 12:30 PM)McC Wrote: Evans pushes off on every route.  That's why he got tangled up with Jones and that's why he didn't get the calls in the end zone.  And I disagree about the Dennard play.  Evans pushed him hard enough to move him off his spot, which should be a penalty.

Yep, yep and yep. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

That can't be stated enough. To me, Hill looked surprisingly good...like his rookie year. Mixon was a freaking waterbug. 

I keep saying, there were holes there last year that were missed. Holes weren't missed last night. 

One more thing for everyone...go back and watch the vid of Mixon's highlights and watch how Og takes his man completely out of the plays, giving Mixon lanes to take advantage of. 

Reply/Quote