Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pre Season Schedule and Times Announced
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/6/5/18654313/bengals-preseason-schedule-2019-game-time-date-chiefs-colts-giants-redskins?fbclid=IwAR3tDFhgps9wm1Y9gr_YseuYQwRPFyXokjTTopYXH5B9LYXXx5KxD6a8rDs

3 of the 4 are on Thursday which seems kind of odd.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2019, 12:43 PM)cinci4life Wrote: https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/6/5/18654313/bengals-preseason-schedule-2019-game-time-date-chiefs-colts-giants-redskins?fbclid=IwAR3tDFhgps9wm1Y9gr_YseuYQwRPFyXokjTTopYXH5B9LYXXx5KxD6a8rDs

As a former season ticket holder, I just was called 5 times and then emailed to consider coming back. I had 2 issues. First, I left because of the lack of an all in mentality to win. I never see us go after that 1 or 2 guys to solidify our team as others have done like the Ravens for example. They got Weddle and then when he got old, they replaced him with Earl Thomas.. We stay in a box in FA, not risk taken to land the big guy.

Other issue is why do season ticket holders have to pay full price for preseason games? Why do I pay to watch guys who will never play in a real NFL game while starters are very limited with snaps?

Add in weekday games for football is not like baseball. Baseball is more of a family sport, while football more of a make party sport. Who is off on Friday? Not most season ticket holders is my guess.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2019, 01:45 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: As a former season ticket holder, I just was called 5 times and then emailed to consider coming back. I had 2 issues. First, I left because of the lack of an all in mentality to win. I never see us go after that 1 or 2 guys to solidify our team as others have done like the Ravens for example. They got Weddle and then when he got old, they replaced him with Earl Thomas.. We stay in a box in FA, not risk taken to land the big guy.

Other issue is why do season ticket holders have to pay full price for preseason games? Why do I pay to watch guys who will never play in a real NFL game while starters are very limited with snaps?

Add in weekday games for football is not like baseball. Baseball is more of a family sport, while football more of a make party sport. Who is off on Friday? Not most season ticket holders is my guess.

Full price for preseason games? Can't you get those tickets on Stubhub for like $10?
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2019, 01:45 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: As a former season ticket holder, I just was called 5 times and then emailed to consider coming back. I had 2 issues. First, I left because of the lack of an all in mentality to win. I never see us go after that 1 or 2 guys to solidify our team as others have done like the Ravens for example. They got Weddle and then when he got old, they replaced him with Earl Thomas.. We stay in a box in FA, not risk taken to land the big guy.

Wish I lived closer to cincy to get season tickets. They would actually be cheaper than what I pay for WVU season tickets lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(06-06-2019, 02:14 PM)Synric Wrote: Wish I lived closer to cincy to get season tickets. They would actually be cheaper than what I pay for WVU season tickets lol.

I live in Florida and I barely get the Bengals on TV three times a year.

Reply/Quote
(06-06-2019, 02:14 PM)Synric Wrote: Wish I lived closer to cincy to get season tickets. They would actually be cheaper than what I pay for WVU season tickets lol.

Mine were $1850 a ticket, I had 2 so almost $4000

$740 for 2 pre season games

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2019, 04:27 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I live in Florida and I barely get the Bengals on TV three times a year.

You could pay to stream for $200 a year all games

Reply/Quote
(06-06-2019, 12:43 PM)cinci4life Wrote: https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/6/5/18654313/bengals-preseason-schedule-2019-game-time-date-chiefs-colts-giants-redskins?fbclid=IwAR3tDFhgps9wm1Y9gr_YseuYQwRPFyXokjTTopYXH5B9LYXXx5KxD6a8rDs

You could have been a pal and done this:

Quote:
  • Week 1: at Kansas City Chiefs, Aug. 10 at 8 pm EST
  • Week 2: at Washington, Aug. 15 at 7:30 pm EST
  • Week 3: New York Giants at Paul Brown Stadium, Aug. 22 at 7 pm EST
  • Week 4: Indianapolis Colts at Paul Brown Stadium, Aug. 29 or 30
so no one would have to click the link  ThumbsUp

I might go to week 3 just to see Barkley in action and because it's the dress rehearsal game, and it will also be interesting to see how much time Daniel Jones gets.

Other than that, I'm just excited to see how much the line has improved and all the changes and new energy that the coaching staff brings.  Even in preseason, I think that we'll just see an excitement that has been foreign to this team for a long time.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2019, 05:26 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You could have been a pal and done this:

so no one would have to click the link  ThumbsUp

I might go to week 3 just to see Barkley in action and because it's the dress rehearsal game, and it will also be interesting to see how much time Daniel Jones gets.

Other than that, I'm just excited to see how much the line has improved and all the changes and new energy that the coaching staff brings.  Even in preseason, I think that we'll just see an excitement that has been foreign to this team for a long time.

Week 2 is only 5 days after week 1? 
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2019, 01:46 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Full price for preseason games? Can't you get those tickets on Stubhub for like $10?

Yes, because people who work to afford season tickets have to work on Friday. I did the same thing when I had them. It gave people and kids a chance to go cheap because there was no way I can go when I have to get up early and drive 100 miles north to get home. Actually, most of the time I gave them away, and sometimes that was hard to do. Plus, it's tough to find a DD on a Thursday night. LOL

Season tickets should only be 25% of the cost for the ticket for preseason at the gate, and free to season ticket holders. I mean holy crap, almost $10 a beer is hard enough to swallow. Every time I go to a game I spend at least $100 on beer alone inside the stadium. That doesn't count the cost of beer and food pre-game I spend outside the stadium. NFL is some expensive entertainment live.

So, that's why I finally cancelled them and got directv until the local station finally started broadcasting all games several years ago. Havent been a season ticket holder since probably 2010. So far I've probably saved over 35k.

Reply/Quote
(06-06-2019, 07:46 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yes, because people who work to afford season tickets have to work on Friday. I did the same thing when I had them. It gave people and kids a chance to go cheap because there was no way I can go when I have to get up early and drive 100 miles north to get home. Actually, most of the time I gave them away, and sometimes that was hard to do. Plus, it's tough to find a DD on a Thursday night. LOL

Season tickets should only be 25% of the cost for the ticket for preseason at the gate, and free to season ticket holders. I mean holy crap, almost $10 a beer is hard enough to swallow. Every time I go to a game I spend at least $100 on beer alone inside the stadium. That doesn't count the cost of beer and food pre-game I spend outside the stadium. NFL is some expensive entertainment live.

So, that's why I finally cancelled them and got directv until the local station finally started broadcasting all games several years ago. Havent been a season ticket holder since probably 2010. So far I've probably saved over 35k.

I told the Bengal's rep to take it up to the decision makers, crazy pay full price for preseason tickets.

Reply/Quote
(06-06-2019, 01:45 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Other issue is why do season ticket holders have to pay full price for preseason games? Why do I pay to watch guys who will never play in a real NFL game while starters are very limited with snaps?

Agreed.  Especially that week four dog* where we always play Indy.  They have a hell of a nerve charging full price for that.  

*My apologies to dogs everywhere for the comparison.

(06-06-2019, 07:46 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yes, because people who work to afford season tickets have to work on Friday. I did the same thing when I had them. It gave people and kids a chance to go cheap because there was no way I can go when I have to get up early and drive 100 miles north to get home. Actually, most of the time I gave them away, and sometimes that was hard to do. Plus, it's tough to find a DD on a Thursday night. LOL 

That's what I don't get: opting for Thursdays nights.  I get that every team plays the last game on that Thursday before Labor Day, so there's no getting out of that.  But why would you do it otherwise?  That August 22 game is a good example.  The Reds aren't at home after Wednesday, August 21, so Friday night and Saturday night are wide open.  But, they go with Thursday night.  Bet that will cut the attendance by a good 25%, and the concessions revenue along with it.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote

Hard to believe this is only two months away....Not that I am wishing away summer, but come on football!
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2019, 01:46 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Full price for preseason games? Can't you get those tickets on Stubhub for like $10?

Yep, the last 3 pre season games I attended, we paid right at 10 dollars, and they were good seats too....
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2019, 04:40 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Mine were $1850 a ticket, I had 2 so almost $4000

$740 for 2 pre season games

Yea that's around what I pay for 2 seats. What makes them expensive is the fact you have to make a donation to the MAC ( Mountianeer Athletic Club) to get into different sections.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote