Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Pre Season results...
Overall, I'm pleased. Starters on Oline seem to be able to pass block effectively, the defense is playing fast and loose. Burrow escaped unscathed. Looking forward to Minnesota.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 08:23 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Overall, I'm pleased. Starters on Oline seem to be able to pass block effectively, the defense is playing fast and loose. Burrow escaped unscathed. Looking forward to Minnesota.

See ya in January! 
Reply/Quote
Did the offensive line give up any sacks? I know Shurmer had a fumble in the Washington game, but I don't remember any others.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 08:24 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: See ya in January! 

Oh my goodness..someone older than me!  I read your signature and I can count..sorta..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Ossai the one major injury. He was a 3rd round pick and I expected great things so the loss hurts. But I think sample, hodge and Kareem played well today—which makes me feel better.

Of course Wayne’s with the hammy—which hopefully doesn’t linger throughout the season. This could be a minor issue or a major one—hard to say yet.

Burrow looked to recover well. He’s improved a lot throughout camp.

The offensive line looks better, and you can see the young players improving.

The defense has looked a lot better overall—mainly the starters.

Overall I think it’s been a good camp.

Chase being up and down is a bit of a damper but he’s learning. He’s really young, I think he’ll figure it out sooner or later. Most of his drops came on plays/throws that didn’t have a chance. I think he’ll improve in time.
Reply/Quote
All you're going to hear about after this preseason is Chase's lack of ability to catch.. He looks scared out there of getting popped and looks downfield before he has control of the ball.

Hopefully he gets it together the next two weeks and comes out strong in week one, but if I were him I would avoid the press and social media at all costs.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=63e6b07edm1w27s31ive7d9y5x...=giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 08:30 PM)grampahol Wrote: Oh my goodness..someone older than me!  I read your signature and I can count..sorta..

Yes gramps. I was 15 in 1968.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 08:23 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Overall, I'm pleased. Starters on Oline seem to be able to pass block effectively, the defense is playing fast and loose. Burrow escaped unscathed. Looking forward to Minnesota.

Any thoughts on our #1 pick?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 08:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Any thoughts on our #1 pick?

Yeah, I think he is just like a golfer with a case of the yips. It's in his head. It will go away.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 08:34 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, I think he is just like a golfer with a case of the yips. It's in his head. It will go away.

Well not everybody has to fight for a spot on the team I guess...

Reply/Quote
I'm not worried about Chase in the least bit unless he gets a serious injury and misses several years..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Funny enough, I feel better right now about that defense than I do the offense. Between Burrow’s mental issues and Chases drops I actually am not most worried about the O line.

…what a weird off season.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 08:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well not everybody has to fight for a spot on the team I guess...

Are you new to football? No first round pick has to fight for a spot on any team.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 08:38 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Are you new to football? No first round pick has to fight for a spot on any team.

Nah, not new.It's why I said not everybody has to fight for a spot on the team. 

But it'd be nice if they have to and not having folks make excuses for them, don't you think?

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 08:38 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Are you new to football? No first round pick has to fight for a spot on any team.

John Ross...
Billy Price...

Both had to show they deserved playing time in the preseason.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
ZT going into the Miami game: The plan is for Burrow to play 3 snaps.

*offense goes 3 and out*

ZT - Mission accomplished!
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 09:23 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: John Ross...
Billy Price...

Both had to show they deserved playing time in the preseason.

Neither had to fight to be on the team in their first year.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 09:39 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Neither had to fight to be on the team in their first year.

And both are 4+ years into their NFL careers and people still can't tell if they're any good or not.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 09:43 PM)Nately120 Wrote: And both are 4+ years into their NFL careers and people still can't tell if they're any good or not.

They got the yips

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 09:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: They got the yips

[Image: st,small,845x845-pad,1000x1000,f8f8f8.jpg]
Reply/Quote