Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pre Senior Bowl 2018 Mock with 53 Man Roster
I used NFLDRAFTSCOUT.com rankings and heights and weights.

1. Quenton Nelson G Notre Dame 6'4" 330lbs - Go get this man. Why in the hell trade up for a guard? Because he is a world beater. Future All-Pro under contract for 5 years. Lets get some elite play back on our OL. Trade up with the Bears. Our 1st, Tyler Boyd, and 3 7th round picks. They move back 4 spots, get a starting WR on a rookie contract and 3 late picks to throw around.

2. Taven Bryan DL Florida 6'3" 291lbs - One of those guys who is athletically built at 300lbs. Could play any spot on our DL. Lots of room for growth. Project pick but not on the margus hunt level. I think he could play DE in run downs and rush from the inside on pass downs. Upgrade on MJ if not in 2018 for sure in 2019.

3. Brian Oneill OL Pittsburgh 6'5" 305lbs - Went to college as a TE. Came out an athletic 300+lbs offensive linemen. Has all the tools needed to become an NFL LT. Played LT and RT in college. Who knows if Fisher will ever play again? And the decision for Ogbuehi's 5th year option is due this year. I for one would not pick it up. Time to look for bookends of the future again.

3. (Zeitler Comp) Jamarco Jones OL Ohio State 6'5" 310lbs - Wow another OL? Yes. LT potential. At worst a backup swing tackle. Allows us to end the Winston retirement marathon. Guess what has been the problem the last couple years? OL. Guess what we are going to fix with this draft? OL.

4. Troy Fumagalli TE Wisconsin 6'5" 248lbs - Well rounded TE accustomed to playing in cold weather. Can block and catch. Only has 9 fingers which will probably lower his stock. We shouldn't let him fall too far.

5. Fred Warner LB BYU 6'2" 230lbs - Well rounded LB to help bolster the depth there.

5. (Whit Comp) Skai Moore LB 6'1" 218lbs - Led South Carolina in tackles 4 years. Tied the program career mark for INTs. Speedy athletic LB who missed 2016 due to a herniated disc. Before the injury he was highly regarded. Came back and played just fine in 2017. Undersized with the injury flag. Could end up with a lot of bang for our buck here.

6. Your choice.

7. (Flowers Trade) Traded
7. (Margus Hunt comp) Traded
7. (Karlos Dansby Comp) Traded

Eifert comes back cheap. Chris Smith comes back cheap. AJMC trade boat has sailed we get him for another year. Kevin Huber returns.
QB Dalton, AJMC
RB Mixon, Gio, Hill
FB Hewitt
TE Eifert, Kroft, Uzi, Fumagalli*
WR AJ, Ross, Lafell, Malone, Core, Erickson
OL Ogbuehi, Boling, Westerman, Redmond, Hopkins, Fisher, Nelson*, Oneill*, Jones*

DT Atkins, Glasgow, Billings, Bryan*
DE Dunlap, Lawson, Willis, MJ, Smith
LB Burfict, Vigil, Evans, Rey, Warner*, Skai*
CB WJ3, Kirk, Dennard, Shaw, Keivarae, Picman
S Iloka, Williams, Fej, Wilson

STs - Fat Randy, Harris, Huber

There is a 53 without any outside free agent additions and a draft pick to burn after trading a few away to move up.
Reply/Quote
I like some of your picks but this year I stay put and draft for the trenches, here's my take:

1) Roquan Smith- he makes our LB's a strength with Burfict and outside FA acquisition.

2) James Daniels-Center

3)Jamarco Jones-OT

3comp) Troy Fumagelli-TE

4) Riley Furguson-QB

5) Steve Ishmael-WR

5) Daniel Carlson-K

6-7) LB,CB,S, DL
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2018, 02:34 AM)schroomytunes Wrote: I like some of your picks but this year I stay put and draft for the trenches, here's my take:

1) Roquan Smith- he makes our LB's a strength with Burfict and outside FA acquisition.

2) James Daniels-Center

3)Jamarco Jones-OT

3comp) Troy Fumagelli-TE

4) Riley Furguson-QB

5) Steve Ishmael-WR

5) Daniel Carlson-K

6-7) LB,CB,S, Dl
Replace Smith with Edmunds.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 09:01 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I used NFLDRAFTSCOUT.com rankings and heights and weights.

1. Quenton Nelson G Notre Dame 6'4" 330lbs - Go get this man. Why in the hell trade up for a guard? Because he is a world beater. Future All-Pro under contract for 5 years. Lets get some elite play back on our OL. Trade up with the Bears. Our 1st, Tyler Boyd, and 3 7th round picks. They move back 4 spots, get a starting WR on a rookie contract and 3 late picks to throw around.

2. Taven Bryan DL Florida 6'3" 291lbs - One of those guys who is athletically built at 300lbs. Could play any spot on our DL. Lots of room for growth. Project pick but not on the margus hunt level. I think he could play DE in run downs and rush from the inside on pass downs. Upgrade on MJ if not in 2018 for sure in 2019.

3. Brian Oneill OL Pittsburgh 6'5" 305lbs -  Went to college as a TE. Came out an athletic 300+lbs offensive linemen. Has all the tools needed to become an NFL LT. Played LT and RT in college. Who knows if Fisher will ever play again? And the decision for Ogbuehi's 5th year option is due this year. I for one would not pick it up. Time to look for bookends of the future again.

3. (Zeitler Comp) Jamarco Jones OL Ohio State 6'5" 310lbs - Wow another OL? Yes. LT potential. At worst a backup swing tackle. Allows us to end the Winston retirement marathon. Guess what has been the problem the last couple years? OL. Guess what we are going to fix with this draft? OL.

4. Troy Fumagalli TE Wisconsin 6'5" 248lbs - Well rounded TE accustomed to playing in cold weather. Can block and catch. Only has 9 fingers which will probably lower his stock. We shouldn't let him fall too far.

5. Fred Warner LB BYU 6'2" 230lbs - Well rounded LB to help bolster the depth there.  

5. (Whit Comp) Skai Moore LB 6'1" 218lbs - Led South Carolina in tackles 4 years. Tied the program career mark for INTs. Speedy athletic LB who missed 2016 due to a herniated disc. Before the injury he was highly regarded. Came back and played just fine in 2017. Undersized with the injury flag. Could end up with a lot of bang for our buck here.

6. Your choice.

7. (Flowers Trade) Traded
7. (Margus Hunt comp) Traded
7. (Karlos Dansby Comp) Traded

Eifert comes back cheap. Chris Smith comes back cheap. AJMC trade boat has sailed we get him for another year. Kevin Huber returns.
QB Dalton, AJMC
RB Mixon, Gio, Hill
FB Hewitt
TE Eifert, Kroft, Uzi, Fumagalli*
WR AJ, Ross, Lafell, Malone, Core, Erickson
OL Ogbuehi, Boling, Westerman, Redmond, Hopkins, Fisher, Nelson*, Oneill*, Jones*

DT Atkins, Glasgow, Billings, Bryan*
DE Dunlap, Lawson, Willis, MJ, Smith
LB Burfict, Vigil, Evans, Rey, Warner*, Skai*
CB WJ3, Kirk, Dennard, Shaw, Keivarae, Picman
S Iloka, Williams, Fej, Wilson

STs - Fat Randy, Harris, Huber

There is a 53 without any outside free agent additions and a draft pick to burn after trading a few away to move up.

Based on the trade value chart from last year, the #8 pick is worth 1400 points and the #12 is worth 1200 points. 7th rounders are worth less than 4 points each at max. Most are worth 1 point. To compensate for the rest of the value, the Bengals need to give an equivalent of a mid-third-round pick (190-200 points).
https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp
Is Boyd the equivalent of a third-round pick? I don't think he is at this point.

If I'm Chicago, I don't take that trade.

EDIT - Also, I don't think the Bengals get a comp pick for both Dansby and Hunt. One maybe.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2018, 11:17 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Based on the trade value chart from last year, the #8 pick is worth 1400 points and the #12 is worth 1200 points. 7th rounders are worth less than 4 points each at max. Most are worth 1 point. To compensate for the rest of the value, the Bengals need to give an equivalent of a mid-third-round pick (190-200 points).
https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp
Is Boyd the equivalent of a third-round pick? I don't think he is at this point.

If I'm Chicago, I don't take that trade.

EDIT - Also, I don't think the Bengals get a comp pick for both Dansby and Hunt. One maybe.

Used overthecap.com/projecting-2018-compensatory-picks/ for comp pick projections. 

The Bears traded up for tribisky last year. They might just be dumb enough
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2018, 02:57 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Used overthecap.com/projecting-2018-compensatory-picks/ for comp pick projections. 

The Bears traded up for tribisky last year. They might just be dumb enough

Perhaps.

Now I'll respond to the selections themselves...

Nelson - Hell of a prospect, but where would he play? Is he playing RG while Boling plays LG? If so, what to do with Westerman, Redmond?

Taven Bryan - I like him as a 3T to improve the pass rush.

Brian O'Neill - I haven't heard of him at all, but I HATE project players, especially before the 5th round. I think based on your first two picks, this is an ideal spot to take best center available...unless you have some optimism that Westerman or Redmond would move to center (no evidence in preseason games to show that). Or TJ Johnson is the starter at C?

Jamarco Jones - Early in the Fall, I saw Jones projected in the 2nd, then now I see him as low as a 4-5 rounder. I think ultimately the third round is where he'll land. I can be ok with the pick although I don't have high hopes he'll become a quality starter. There's a chance though.

Fumagalli - Solid TE that I think fits the Bengals well.

Warner - Haven't seen much on him. Given his size, what's his best LB spot? Expected starter or just backup potential?

Moore - I think you nailed his synopsis. He's a speedy, undersized LB that would probably have to play nickel LB as a rookie and work his way to becoming a starter. I don't see safety in his future though. Sleeper pick here.

Overall, I like the Nelson, Bryan, Jones, Fumagalli, and Moore picks. Would like to see a C drafted rather than a second mid-round OT though unless I heard commitment from the team that Westerman or Redmond was going to switch to C and get opportunities there in preseason games.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2018, 03:18 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Perhaps.

Now I'll respond to the selections themselves...

Nelson - Hell of a prospect, but where would he play? Is he playing RG while Boling plays LG? If so, what to do with Westerman, Redmond?

Taven Bryan - I like him as a 3T to improve the pass rush.

Brian O'Neill - I haven't heard of him at all, but I HATE project players, especially before the 5th round. I think based on your first two picks, this is an ideal spot to take best center available...unless you have some optimism that Westerman or Redmond would move to center (no evidence in preseason games to show that). Or TJ Johnson is the starter at C?

Jamarco Jones - Early in the Fall, I saw Jones projected in the 2nd, then now I see him as low as a 4-5 rounder. I think ultimately the third round is where he'll land. I can be ok with the pick although I don't have high hopes he'll become a quality starter. There's a chance though.

Fumagalli - Solid TE that I think fits the Bengals well.

Warner - Haven't seen much on him. Given his size, what's his best LB spot? Expected starter or just backup potential?

Moore - I think you nailed his synopsis. He's a speedy, undersized LB that would probably have to play nickel LB as a rookie and work his way to becoming a starter. I don't see safety in his future though. Sleeper pick here.

Overall, I like the Nelson, Bryan, Jones, Fumagalli, and Moore picks. Would like to see a C drafted rather than a second mid-round OT though unless I heard commitment from the team that Westerman or Redmond was going to switch to C and get opportunities there in preseason games.

I would prefer to keep Nelson at LG. Plug him in where he is a stud. Boling is a vet. He could handle the move.

I thought Oneill was my biggest reach. As in he probably wont be there in the 3rd. When the pre draft process gets a little deeper you will hear more on him. He is not really a project at this point. He is an experienced collegiate OT. Wouldnt be surprised if he is a 1st or early 2nd rd pick.

If we get Nelson then our stsrting guards are boling and nelson. Those two games got me excited about westerman and redmond. But not enough for me to not want the closest thing to a surefire all pro in the draft. Hopkins is listed as G/C on our roster. Redmonds player bio says he played C in college. I would insert Westerman into the competition if he wants to get on the field. Between Hopkins Redmond and Westerman one of them would be our starting C.

Ogbuehi is on a short leash. Whoever shows better at LT between jamarco and oneill gets the first chance if/when ogbuehi sucks. Good chance the other is already playing RT depending on Fishers mysterious illness. 

We have 4 question marks at tackle. Winston should be retired. Andre is getting up there and more injury prone and is a free agent. Ogbuehi is going in to year 4 and so far is on the verge of total bust. Fisher is going into the final year of his contract and wasnt good before a non-football medical condition ended his season.

Bolstering our tackle depth is a major legitimate need.
Reply/Quote