Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pre camp moves
Here are roster moves the Bengals did today before camp starts.

SIGNED: WR Rashaun Simonise

WAIVED: DE Dezmond Johnson and RB Dy'Shawn Mobley

PUP: Tyler Eifert, James Wright, and Brandon Thompson

NON-FOOTBALL INJURY LIST: Rey Maualuga

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Bengals-Player-Moves/ba635cf1-fbfd-4e15-ba74-401bb84cffce
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
So maualuga is still fat.....that's aggravating.

Reply/Quote
(07-26-2016, 05:04 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: So Maualuga is still fat.....that's aggravating.

This LOL Hilarious
 And has Brandon Thompson ever done anything to get on the field? Sad
Reply/Quote
Thompson is still on the team?

Huh.

Never would have known it from watching the team.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
The two cuts intrigue me....

...because we now have room for two additions after just releasing a DB the other day and DL today.

What positions do Hall and Freeney play again?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2016, 07:20 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: The two cuts intrigue me....

...because we now have room for two additions after just releasing a DB the other day and DL today.

What positions do Hall and Freeney play again?

agreed. we have the roster space. sign these 2 and lets go. I kind of wanted Boldin just to see what he could bring even with his age. But Lions jumped on him first
Reply/Quote
Nah, I don't want 30+ players signed. Even if they are proven and can help (short term).

Maybe I'm in the minority but I hope the Bengals take a gamble on younger players

Reply/Quote
I was all for Freeney, but with the recent events at Dallas his price likely just went up. I also am nearly 100% certain that the Bengals don't want to have to have his contract guaranteed, which is what happens if he signs before the season starts.

For this team, watch to see what Hunt and Clarke do through preseason and the first couple games. If they bust, Freeney could probably be signed fairly cheap and it might help their chances if they are 2-0, 3-0, etc.

The Bengals wouldn't need Freeney for the first half of the season, but for a stretch run in the postseason.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2016, 04:44 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Here are roster moves the Bengals did today before camp starts.

SIGNED: WR Rashaun Simonise

WAIVED: DE Dezmond Johnson and RB Dy'Shawn Mobley

PUP: Tyler Eifert, James Wright, and Brandon Thompson

NON-FOOTBALL INJURY LIST: Rey Maualuga

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Bengals-Player-Moves/ba635cf1-fbfd-4e15-ba74-401bb84cffce

Hopefully we are making some room for Freeney.

James Wright sure seems like he cannot stay healthy. I thought both him and Thompson were on the outside looking in
before that anyways but this pretty much assures it. Heard the Maualuga injury is nothing much and he has been a little
overweight before and came back in good shape before the season. Not worried, plus i actually like our LB depth for
once with the additions of Dansby and Vigil.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2016, 06:38 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I was all for Freeney, but with the recent events at Dallas his price likely just went up.  I also am nearly 100% certain that the Bengals don't want to have to have his contract guaranteed, which is what happens if he signs before the season starts.  

For this team, watch to see what Hunt and Clarke do through preseason and the first couple games.  If they bust, Freeney could probably be signed fairly cheap and it might help their chances if they are 2-0, 3-0, etc.  

The Bengals wouldn't need Freeney for the first half of the season, but for a stretch run in the postseason.

If past performance is any indication of future results then we might as well sign Freeney and get it over with.

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2016, 09:02 PM)BengalChris Wrote: If past performance is any indication of future results then we might as well sign Freeney and get it over with.

You don't give up on a second round selection and a third round selection that were limited due to injuries (Hunt) and other players listed ahead of you on the depth chart (Gilberry/Clarke)
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2016, 06:38 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I was all for Freeney, but with the recent events at Dallas his price likely just went up.  I also am nearly 100% certain that the Bengals don't want to have to have his contract guaranteed, which is what happens if he signs before the season starts.  

For this team, watch to see what Hunt and Clarke do through preseason and the first couple games.  If they bust, Freeney could probably be signed fairly cheap and it might help their chances if they are 2-0, 3-0, etc.  

This is true partially. His salary is guaranteed if he is on the roster once the season begins. Bring him in now and the Bengals can decide in preseason if he has enough left in the tank or not plus he gets acclimated quicker to our defense. If he is not worth it, they can cut him before season starts and it costs them very little.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote