Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pre-game read: Getting to the root of Zamp's offense
Had a lot of fun with this one - unfortunately many hours and words of interviews could not make the piece. Zampese's offensive background is interesting, and it's one of the reasons the Bengals offense looks the way it does.

Take a read here ...

And feel free to ask any questions about what he does, what his background is like, what he believes in, etc.

Of course any social media shares are always appreciated!
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
Great article. It's interesting to see the influence on Zampese from both AC and WC. Considering we've had coordinators with inclinations from both systems recently, I think it hits the nail on the head to say 'continuity turning in to ingenuity'. I'm excited to see that process continue tonight in New York.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Good read.

I wanna see where Zampese takes this offense by the time the season is over. They have steadily improved over the last 4 games and I'm happy to the running game is starting to come up with success.
Reply/Quote
Hey Jim,

Do you feel as if the Bengals have gone away from the screens more this year than last? I feel like Gio isn't being used nearly as much as he was last year in the passing game and not as effective.

I really thought that was one of the key reasons why our offense was so good last year and im just not seeing it to the same extent this year.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Thanks for all you do Jim!
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2016, 03:16 PM)jowczarski Wrote: KHad a lot of fun with this one - unfortunately many hours and words of interviews could not make the piece. Zampese's offensive background is interesting, and it's one of the reasons the Bengals offense looks the way it does.

Take a read here ...

And feel free to ask any questions about what he does, what his background is like, what he believes in, etc.

Zampese comes from an excellent football family, a good tree, and has a wealth of diverse experiences.  That being said, how can he overcome the absolute mess that is the O Line?  And, although you may not be able to answer it, overcome O-line coaching that is, from many fans' view, stale and not held accountable by ownership? I can't see a situation where the team has consistent offensive success with this mess.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2016, 03:16 PM)jowczarski Wrote: Had a lot of fun with this one - unfortunately many hours and words of interviews could not make the piece. Zampese's offensive background is interesting, and it's one of the reasons the Bengals offense looks the way it does.

Take a read here ...

Zampeze's offense looked like a few gimmicks that worked and a bunch of low % stuff that didn't.  Couldn't do crap once the Giants started blitzing.  The defense actually showed some signs of life for the first time this year at the beginning of the second half, and once the offense pooped their pants, the defense showed that their pants have more poop that anyone  in the NFL.  Embarrassing.  

Done.  This team makes me want to vomit.  So much talent and so little execution.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 02:08 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Zampese comes from an excellent football family, a good tree, and has a wealth of diverse experiences.  That being said, how can he overcome the absolute mess that is the O Line?  And, although you may not be able to answer it, overcome O-line coaching that is, from many fans' view, stale and not held accountable by ownership? I can't see a situation where the team has consistent offensive success with this mess.

Glad you asked!  (I realize you didn't ask me)...

A team like the Bengals that struggles to run the ball and has poor pass protection should use more three TE sets where the TEs are not covered up so they may go out  in a pattern or stay in to block.  This gives a look that teams don't know from the formation if it is run or pass.  In other words, 100% different from what they are showing now.

They could have Kroft and Uzomah on the line, with AJ and Eifert split wide.  Single back.  You could have as many as 5 receivers in the pattern or as many as 7 players in to block.  

The added bonus?  You could go no huddle and never have to change personnel.  That means no changes for the defense, either, or you have an easy 5 yard penalty.  

Andy could pick apart opposing defenses with receiving targets that go 6'4", 6'5", and two guys 6'6".  Plus, he could have a stacked formation on one side and run a naked screen to the RB on the other side.  

It won't happen, though.  This team just needs to block and tackle better.  Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 02:11 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Zampeze's offense looked like a few gimmicks that worked and a bunch of low % stuff that didn't.  Couldn't do crap once the Giants started blitzing.  The defense actually showed some signs of life for the first time this year at the beginning of the second half, and once the offense pooped their pants, the defense showed that their pants have more poop that anyone  in the NFL.  Embarrassing.  

Done.  This team makes me want to vomit.  So much talent and so little execution.

Yep !

To many penalties, to many look out blocks by O-line, to many blown assignments by LBers and DB's. What did we convert on 3rd down ? 2 for 13 or something.

The Giants are a middle of the road team at best and we can't even convert a damn 3rd down ? Worst rushing team in the NFL and they jam it down our throats when everyone in the world knows it's coming ?

And guys are still claiming we can win the division LOL
Reply/Quote