Poll: Pre-season poll on which rookie will have the biggest impact on the 2016 season?
CB William Jackson (1st round)
WR Tyler Boyd (2nd round)
LB Nick Vigil (3rd round)
NT Andrew Billings (4th round)
OG Christian Westerman (5th round)
WR Cody Core (6th round)
S Clayton Fejedelem (7th round)
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pre-season poll which rookie will have the biggest impact on the 2016 season? PICK 2
I think 3 will make big impacts this year, Boyd and Vigil early on and Billings by midseason.

The coaches are just raving about Vigil's smarts and athleticism so i voted for Vigil and Billings overall.

I think Boyd will make an impact but not number wise with Green, Lafell and Eifert getting the majority of balls going their way.

Boyd does have great hands though and could surprise with a better showing than a think. WR's seem to take awhile just like CB.
Reply/Quote
Boyd will have the most opportunities to contribute immediately, after him, it's a toss up between Jackson and Vigil on special teams (Jackson would most likely end up the gunner here) and/or we have an injury to a starter ahead of them. Billings will get some time as well, but probably later in the season once he's learned his assignment.

So I'm going to stick with Boyd and Jackson (as gunner) for this year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 11:51 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Boyd will have the most opportunities to contribute immediately, after him, it's a toss up between Jackson and Vigil on special teams (Jackson would most likely end up the gunner here) and/or we have an injury to a starter ahead of them. Billings will get some time as well, but probably later in the season once he's learned his assignment.

So I'm going to stick with Boyd and Jackson (as gunner) for this year.

ST's is definately big, probably right on WJ3 Mike.

Cannot take back my vote now tho.
Reply/Quote
I think Cody Core is going to surprise. We already have Tyler Boyd in Brandon LaFell. What we don't have is a big guy with speed. I'll also go with Vigil, there is talk he'll get a chance early with VB sidelined.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I actually went with Core and Billings. I think Billings can contribute right away on passing downs, both generating pressure next to Geno (they say one man trying to block him will just get walked back in to the QB) as well as saving Peko for the so-called rushing downs.

I have a feeling that between Eifert, AJ, and Core, defenses will really shift away from Core and give him real opportunities in the red zone. I thnk Boyd will move a lot of chains from the slot, but I could see Core with more TDs.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2016, 10:07 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I actually went with Core and Billings.  I think Billings can contribute right away on passing downs, both generating pressure next to Geno (they say one man trying to block him will just get walked back in to the QB) as well as saving Peko for the so-called rushing downs.  

I have a feeling that between Eifert, AJ, and Core, defenses will really shift away from Core and give him real opportunities in the red zone.  I thnk Boyd will move a lot of chains from the slot, but I could see Core with more TDs.

Could be correct about Core in the redzone. Sounded like he was really impressing the coaches last week.

If he can get better at running routes and keep it up on the jugs machine dude could be a great option alongside AJ and Eifert.
Reply/Quote
The one vote for Fejedelem scares me. I don't want to see him on the field lol. Not because of him, but because of the circumstances that would allow him to be starting....
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2016, 12:52 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: The one vote for Fejedelem scares me. I don't want to see him on the field lol. Not because of him, but because of the circumstances that would allow him to be starting....

Haslet watched a lot of Illinois games and said Fej was their best Defensive player, better than Jihad.

Not saying i don't agree with you but if this is true he could surprise lots of us especially on ST's.

He is the 4th Safety right now behind Iloka, Williams and Davis though and Iloka has had trouble staying healthy in the past.

Yah never know, it could happen. Scary, i agree.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2016, 12:52 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: The one vote for Fejedelem scares me. I don't want to see him on the field lol. Not because of him, but because of the circumstances that would allow him to be starting....

The only impact Fejedelem will have is the shortage of E's in the jersey nameplate department.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2016, 12:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Haslet watched a lot of Illinois games and said Fej was their best Defensive player, better than Jihad.

Fejedelem played on the same team with a guy named Jihad?

Sure that wasn't Illinisil?
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2016, 12:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Fejedelem played on the same team with a guy named Jihad?

Sure that wasn't Illinisil?

Yeah, Jihad Ward DE and 2nd round pick.

Pretty crazy names at Illinois lol
Reply/Quote
Boyd and Vigil just because those two will get the most opportunities on the field.
[Image: 29p43f6.png]

Quote:"Massillon High School is ahead of us," owner Mike Brown said when asked about an indoor practice facility. "We don't have one."
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2016, 12:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Could be correct about Core in the redzone. Sounded like he was really impressing the coaches last week.

If he can get better at running routes and keep it up on the jugs machine dude could be a great option alongside AJ and Eifert.

Yep.  I hope his (Core) first TD is against Artie Burns, the rookie drafted by the steelers in Rd 1.   ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2016, 12:12 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Went with Boyd and Vigil.

For some reason I think that Vigil will be able to contribute immediately since he has the size, speed etc along with working in a similar system.

I also think he could see some playing time with Burfict being suspended.

Vigil might be a pretty logical choice.  If memory serves, LB is one spot that started right away for the Bengals with Spikes and Simmons.  He seems like he could play Nickel better than Maualuga paired with Dansby, at least until Burfict returns, and he may still get snaps after his return over Dansby if his play yields it. 
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2016, 01:55 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I went Boyd and Billings.  I would like to say Jackson, but Marvin has a history of making first round cornerbacks sit the bench.

I was thinking this when I made my selections as well, but the more I think about it, the more i realize that Jackson III is older than most rookies and our secondary has not made a complete season without injuries.  I really, really, like the way he plays the ball and his combination of length and speed.  I'm just very happy we got him so if Dre does get more $ elsewhere, and walks in FA, that the team is still in good hands.  

Although with Jones' age, I could see them going corner again next year...Kind of like Hall and JJoe.  
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2016, 11:50 PM)Benton Wrote: Rookies don't see much time. Outside of an injury, bon't expect to see much of anyone. If everyone's healthy, Boyd will get about 5% of the targets, Billings might get a few snaps just because we're so thin. Without an injury, I doubt anyone else sees many snaps. Of the injury potential, Westerman has a ton. He's going to be a good lineman and could see some time this year.

And yes, that includes Cody Core. I get a lot of people are high on him, but he's going to be lucky not to be on the PS.

I would be very surprised to see Boyd be so limited.  He will likely be the starting slot receiver, and has a great catch-radius.  You could point to Sanu's limited targets as rationale, but I would still be surprised if Boyd doesn't become one of Andy's favorite targets.  
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2016, 08:47 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yep.  I hope his (Core) first TD is against Artie Burns, the rookie drafted by the steelers in Rd 1.   ThumbsUp

That would be sweet.

Hilarious
(05-13-2016, 09:02 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I would be very surprised to see Boyd be so limited.  He will likely be the starting slot receiver, and has a great catch-radius.  You could point to Sanu's limited targets as rationale, but I would still be surprised if Boyd doesn't become one of Andy's favorite targets.  

Same, Boyd catches anything near him. Hard to not like a receiver with hands like his.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2016, 08:50 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Vigil might be a pretty logical choice.  If memory serves, LB is one spot that started right away for the Bengals with Spikes and Simmons.  He seems like he could play Nickel better than Maualuga paired with Dansby, at least until Burfict returns, and he may still get snaps after his return over Dansby if his play yields it. 

probly see Flowers playing nickel until Burfict and Mays return
Reply/Quote
I voted for Boyd as I think he gets the most oppertunitys not special teams related.

but overall it could be our 7th rounder making a big impact on special teams.
Reply/Quote
Voted for Boyd and Billings - but I think Jackson, Vigil, Core and Fejedelem will all have significant snaps.   I think we're going to have more of an immediate impact with this group than our more recent drafts.  Core could end up doing some Chris Henry like things.

I am definitely pumped with this crew.
Reply/Quote