Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Predict Bengals vs Buccaneers
Well, our first preseason game is this weekend against Tampa Bay. We only have 3 preseason games this year and 17 regular season games. I don't think we'll see Burrow or Brady this week. With that said, I'm going to predict Bengals 17 Buccaneers 14. Both playing backup squads.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I predict that I get fired up over our new kicker and I just googled Randy Bullock and found he is with the Lions...who do we have to kick around now?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I predict 2 light injuries, 1 fumble, 1 tip-toe WOW sideline catch and a Mixon TD called back by a holding penalty.
Reply/Quote
Brady's playing.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I predict the backups will play better than the starters giving us even more threads about certain players being busts/not as good as we thought/etc leading to even MORE stupid arguments.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2021, 09:53 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I predict the backups will play better than the starters giving us even more threads about certain players being busts/not as good as we thought/etc leading to even MORE stupid arguments.

Is this a prediction or a history lesson?  Ninja

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2021, 09:56 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Is this a prediction or a history lesson?  Ninja

Yes. Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I predict PAIN!!!!!Hammer 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
I predict there will be a inconsequential game on Saturday.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2021, 03:55 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Well, our first preseason game is this weekend against Tampa Bay. We only have 3 preseason games this year and 17 regular season games. I don't think we'll see Burrow or Brady this week. With that said, I'm going to predict Bengals 17 Buccaneers 14. Both playing backup squads.

Even though Bruce Arians came out and said all of his starters will play (3 drives I believe), I think the Bengals +6 is free money.  I know that if you are gambling on preseason, you are a real degenerate, but I think the Bengals will win this game 21-17.

Bengals drop off on the offensive line, LB corps, and CB group isn't that tremendous.  I also like the defensive rotation with guys like Kareem, Tupou, etc, essentially fighting for jobs. 

I am going to call my shot that Marcus Bailey has a big play.  A tackle for loss or INT. 

They will be fired up.  I can't wait to watch it.  Even though I know it is largely meaningless aside from avoiding injuries.  
Reply/Quote
Detroit Lions preseason in 2008: 4-0

Detroit Lions regular season in 2008: 0-16
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2021, 11:10 AM)EatonFan Wrote: Detroit Lions preseason in 2008:  4-0

Detroit Lions regular season in 2008:  0-16

I remeber after the lions went 4-0 in the pre season people were predicting a SB win with Dan Orlovsky at the helm. 
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2021, 11:10 AM)EatonFan Wrote: Detroit Lions preseason in 2008:  4-0

Detroit Lions regular season in 2008:  0-16

Same thing with the Browns in their 2017 0-16 season.  They won all 4 preseason games.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2021, 11:18 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I remeber after the lions went 4-0 in the pre season people were predicting a SB win with Dan Orlovsky at the helm. 

The biggest rabbit hole ever.  The only thing we should be concerned with is injuries.

Winning a preseason game isn't even as satisfying as kissing your sister.
Reply/Quote
Bengals 6 - Buccs 19
Reply/Quote
There will be gossip. Yes there will.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2021, 11:19 AM)EatonFan Wrote: The biggest rabbit hole ever.  The only thing we should be concerned with is injuries.

Winning a preseason game isn't even as satisfying as kissing your sister.

No one cares about the final score.  Im just saying if Brandon Allen and Auden Tate score 4 TDs against backups im not going to expect that to mean Burrow is going to  have a terrible year.

Actually, this Quora study found a small positive correlation between preseason record and regular season record.  I wouldn't give up on the season if we happen to win most or all of the preseason games, is all I'm saying.  That 2008 Lions going 4-0 in the preseason is like saying that Tom Brady proves the draft rank is meaningless.

https://www.quora.com/In-the-NFL-is-there-a-correlation-between-preseason-record-and-regular-season-record
Reply/Quote
This game could be interesting since it's in Tampa. We're getting a tropical storm this weekend and the winds could be around 40mph with a few inches of rain. It all depends on where the storm goes.

EDIT: Lightning will likely be the bigger issue. Typically, these storms are pretty lightning intense.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2021, 11:48 AM)Nately120 Wrote: No one cares about the final score.  Im just saying if Brandon Allen and Auden Tate score 4 TDs against backups im not going to expect that to mean Burrow is going to  have a terrible year.

Actually, this Quora study found a small positive correlation between preseason record and regular season record.  I wouldn't give up on the season if we happen to win most or all of the preseason games, is all I'm saying.  That 2008 Lions going 4-0 in the preseason is like saying that Tom Brady proves the draft rank is meaningless.

https://www.quora.com/In-the-NFL-is-there-a-correlation-between-preseason-record-and-regular-season-record

As stated in this same thread it also happened in Cleveland's winless season.  4-0 in preseason and 0-16 in the regular.  Putting stock in a preseason game is not a good idea is all I'm saying.  The only good things are evaluating bubble players in live action, knocking the rust off for our starters and getting into 'game shape'.  
Reply/Quote
24-19 Buccaneers. McPherson has a good day.
Reply/Quote