Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Predict Reds 2024 Final Record
There are 162 total games. Try to guess the final record of the Reds this year. I'm going to say 95-67 and a spot in the playoffs. Let's hope I'm right. Closest to it wins bragging rights.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I was actually thinking of 92 wins a few days ago, but I'll gladly take your 95. I was thinking . . . 92-69-1. I don't know how they'll tie, but I'll never underestimate David Bell's ability to make me go ''Huh??''.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
90-72
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Admittedly, I'm surprised by the 90 win total predictions. I'm concerned about the starting pitching holding up and performing.

85-77, with a chance to make the playoffs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
89-73
Reply/Quote
I'm going to say, conservatively, 87 wins.

I think this team has 90+ win potential, but I look at last season where we won 82 games and that was with a really bad start and we've improved significantly since last year. I would put our floor at 83 to 84 wins.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2024, 06:34 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I'm going to say, conservatively, 87 wins.

I think this team has 90+ win potential, but I look at last season where we won 82 games and that was with a really bad start and we've improved significantly since last year. I would put our floor at 83 to 84 wins.

I don't know why, but I feel that Stephenson is going to have a strong bounce back season where he stays relatively healthy and plays to his strengths . . . WHICH IS GOING WITH THE PITCH TO RIGHT FIELD INSTEAD OF TRYING TO PULL EVERYTHING. I think that his quiet leadership will help this very young team much more if he has more success at the plate.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
162-0.. If it happens someone better damned well put it on my tombstone.. "He called it!"  ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2024, 10:01 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Admittedly, I'm surprised by the 90 win total predictions. I'm concerned about the starting pitching holding up and performing.

85-77, with a chance to make the playoffs.

You never know. Our starting pitchers might not have a tragic hang nail incident for once.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote