Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Predict Your Surprise of the Draft
(03-30-2017, 08:47 AM)McC Wrote: Fortunately, there won't be one available worthy of the 9th pick.  Otherwise, I might agree.

Im assuming u mean lattimore is already gone? Besides lattimore i wouldnt take one in the top 15.
Reply/Quote
Foster falls out of the Top 25.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2017, 09:57 AM)Whatever Wrote: Foster falls out of the Top 25.

I think the Ravens grab him if he starts falling due to Zac Orr retiring unexpectedly.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2017, 01:30 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Im assuming u mean lattimore is already gone? Besides lattimore i wouldnt take one in the top 15.

Yes.  Lattimore will definitely be gone by 9.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2017, 10:06 AM)Au165 Wrote: I think the Ravens grab him if he starts falling due to Zac Orr retiring unexpectedly.

Pass rusher and arguably CB are bigger needs for them on D and they need a T and desperately need WR help on offense.  It's possible they take him, but their other needs are all "premium" positions and ILB really isn't.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2017, 12:41 PM)Whatever Wrote: Pass rusher and arguably CB are bigger needs for them on D and they need a T and desperately need WR help on offense.  It's possible they take him, but their other needs are all "premium" positions and ILB really isn't.

Yea, but Ozzie Newsome is a value picker. I think at that point in the draft to lock up two potential all pro middle linebackers is huge. Pass rush is deep and you can get 3-4 pass rushers all day in the 2nd. I think the difference from the #1 tackle to #4 is not that much and the #4 can be had in the 2nd as well. The draft is crazy though you never know what people are going to do, except that the Steelers will take a defensive player in the 1st.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2017, 01:14 PM)Au165 Wrote: Yea, but Ozzie Newsome is a value picker. I think at that point in the draft to lock up two potential all pro middle linebackers is huge. Pass rush is deep and you can get 3-4 pass rushers all day in the 2nd. I think the difference from the #1 tackle to #4 is not that much and the #4 can be had in the 2nd as well. The draft is crazy though you never know what people are going to do, except that the Steelers will take a defensive player in the 1st.

They need WR help pretty badly.  Perriman has been a bust, Smith retired, and Aiken left, leaving Mike Wallace as their #1.  They lost Wagner and are need of a starting RT.  They had fewer sacks last year than we did, Suggs is 34, and Dumervil is gone.  They have Mosely and investing another high pick in another ILB doesn't make much sense because for a 3-4 team, one of the ILB's comes out in nickel.  I see them passing on Foster with so many other holes that need immediate contributors.  

The main reason I'm predicting Foster falls is a combination of not playing a premium position and reports of bad combine interviews.  Those were two big factors in DeCastro's fall a few years ago.
Reply/Quote
Bengals take QB Patrick Mahomes in the 2nd
Reply/Quote
A record will be set for most trades ever in the draft.

T. William and Peppers fall to the 2nd RD.

Bengals select OT with the 9th pick.

Bengals draft 2 RB's

2 TE's will be drafted in the top 15

Garrett will not be the first pick.
Reply/Quote
Peppers goes before Hooker

DeDe Westbrook goes undrafted

Cook is not one of the first 2 RBs taken

John Ross falls to the second

Bengals go Offense with first 3 picks.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2017, 11:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Peppers goes before Hooker

Lol With one of the best defensive drafts, I can see us doing something like that. If we get a playmaker or 2 out of it I'll actually be fine with it.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2017, 11:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Peppers goes before Hooker

That wouldn't just be a surprise, but a shock.

Reply/Quote
(04-01-2017, 12:45 AM)BengalChris Wrote: That wouldn't just be a surprise, but a shock.

This time they take OT's in the first 3 rounds,
Reply/Quote
We take Tarell Basham DE, Ohio U. in Round 2

and we take Keionta Davis, DE, UT-Chatanooga in Round 6
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2017, 01:51 AM)TKUHL Wrote: This time they take OT's in the first 3 rounds,

That would be admitting their complete and utter failure in free agency.

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2017, 12:42 PM)psychdoctor Wrote:
  • Bengals snag Cam Robinson in the second round.
  • Bengals package draft picks and move up the draft during early rounds.
  • Bengals trade AJ McCarron to the Browns for second round pick. 
  • And the biggest surprise of the draft...some fans of this forum change their attitude and become excited once again to be a Bengal fan after a "stellar" draft (which in hindsight was an average draft). 

I would love to snag up Cam Robinson in the 2nd, but I doubt it will happen.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2017, 04:36 AM)Shady Wrote: We take Tarell Basham DE, Ohio U. in Round 2

and we take Keionta Davis, DE, UT-Chatanooga in Round 6

I'd be fine with that if we traded AJMC and a 4th comp to the jets for a 2nd and 3rd.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2017, 05:38 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I've got a couple that seem to be intriguing to me:

1.  Jags go OT at #4
2.  Carolina goes WR at #9
3.  Delvin Cook slides out of the first round

I'll be really surprised if Carolina takes a WR at #9 since the Bengals pick at #9.... Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
For all the talk of a weak qb class, 5 go in the first. Teams want that extra year to develop them. A team who misses out trades for ajm. A surprise team like the Giants.

The bengals actively work the board. 1, maybe two trade downs in the first. Same number of trade ups, maybe in round 3 to pluck falling gems.

Duke Tobin continues to draft from Mel kiper's best available and the bengals get an A.

Marvin says publicly the this was the plan re free agency, to reload thru this deep draft. And we buy it.

Few of these picks actually play in year one since marv loves this team.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2017, 04:53 AM)magikod Wrote: I would love to snag up Cam Robinson in the 2nd, but I doubt it will happen.

It may happen if the Bengals trade AJ McCarron to the Browns for their second round pick.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote