Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Predict the AFC North Division 2022
(03-27-2022, 09:42 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: For those early bettors, I thought you should predict the AFC North Division 2022 standings for next season. I've heard different thoughts. I personally like the Bengals chances, but it will be a tough road to repeat as division champions. Here are my "early" final standings:

Cleveland Browns
Cincinnati Bengals
Baltimore Ravens
Pittsburgh Steelers

I do think the Bengals make a wild card playoff spot.

Not sure why you jumping on the Browns bandwagon, they will be lucky to finish 3rd.

Bengals
Ravens
Steelers
Browns
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Good Guys
Ravens
Clowns or Pitt
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Amazing how the narrative around the league changes during the offseason. All I remember is these announcers and pundits saying that if the Bengals ever got a real O-line, they would be Super Bowl favorites.
Reply/Quote
It is extremely close with Bengals, Browns and Ravens.. We have the toughest schedule on paper, doubtful we make the playoffs last year if we had the injuries the Ravens had, we improved the line in offseason so if we stay healthy we are a slight favorite to win the North, I don't see us getting home field advantage though throughout and maybe only the 1st game. The Browns and Ravens are going to be better also.

Bengals
Ravens
Browns
Steelers
Reply/Quote
As long as it is Bengals on top and the Steelers at the bottom, IDGAF about #2 or #3.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Whichever team stays Healthy between the Ravens and Bengals wins the division
Browns should also be in contention for a playoff spot if Watson plays sooner than later.

Steelers i expect to be right around 500 again
Reply/Quote
Cincinnati Bengals

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
Bengals 17-0
everyone else 0-17 
ThumbsUp ThumbsUp Who Dey Tiger ThumbsUp ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Bengals 13-4
Ravens 13-4
Browns 9-8
Steelers 5-12
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2022, 11:50 PM)BengalFanInCanada Wrote: With a suspended QB, I highly doubt this.

I don't think Watson gets any games suspended. He has not been charged with anything and civil suits have to work through court. Are you making him guilty without a trial or evidence?
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2022, 04:46 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Are you making him guilty without a trial or evidence?

Clearly that’s what most people are doing
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2022, 07:21 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Clearly that’s what most people are doing

Yeah. The court of public opinion matters. It's bad for the image. Regardless of innocence in court. Just because they don't have enough evidence to go to court doesn't mean he's innocent. He called 40 some massage girls and admits to having sex with some of them. This concedes at Barre minimum he enjoyed calling massage girls and trying to have sex with them. These are professional people not hookers. Sure maybe he didn't do anything illegal per say but at the least it's very sketchy and not something you want anyone including your friends to know. 22 women? Sure some of them may be lying but all of them? It's just not good and he will definitely be suspended for some portion of the season. Listen to the man's own press conference that looked more like a wake. His explanations to extremely soft questions were terrible.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2022, 04:46 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I don't think Watson gets any games suspended. He has not been charged with anything and civil suits have to work through court. Are you making him guilty without a trial or evidence?

I'll take that bet all day
Reply/Quote
Bengals: 13-4
Ravens: 10-7
Steelers: 7-10
Browns: 5-12
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2022, 04:46 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I don't think Watson gets any games suspended. He has not been charged with anything and civil suits have to work through court. Are you making him guilty without a trial or evidence?

(03-29-2022, 07:21 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Clearly that’s what most people are doing

It's irrelevant what we as ordinary fans think or do. We are not a jury nor prosecutors or defense experts. I could come out and call him a rapist or I could come right out and accuse all the women of gold digging, blah, blah, blah and it makes not a wit bit of difference. The ONLY thing that matters in how these cases are handled in civil litigation and how much damage the league feels it has suffered because of his actions. The league can do as it pleases since they are not a part of the legal system, but a private third party or simply put, his employer. In the end there are two entities that matter.. Civil courts and the league. Public opinion is irrelevant except to the degree at where the league feels they have to make a move to protect their own reputation. If they're seen as shoving it all under the rug it'll cost them dearly in the long run, but if they come down real hard on Watson they'll be perceived by many to be a racist entity .. The league has to thread the needle carefully.. The courts? Who cares? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2022, 07:51 AM)CloeHokie Wrote: Yeah. The court of public opinion matters. It's bad for the image. Regardless of innocence in court. Just because they don't have enough evidence to go to court doesn't mean he's innocent. He called 40 some massage girls and admits to having sex with some of them. This concedes at Barre minimum he enjoyed calling massage girls and trying to have sex with them. These are professional people not hookers. Sure maybe he didn't do anything illegal per say but at the least it's very sketchy and not something you want anyone including your friends to know. 22 women? Sure some of them may be lying but all of them? It's just not good and he will definitely be suspended for some portion of the season. Listen to the man's own press conference that looked more like a wake. His explanations to extremely soft questions were terrible.

Consider Watson sat out all last season. The NFL may consider that enough punishment.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Bengals - 13-4
Ravens - 10-7 WC
Browns - 9-8
Steelers - 8-9
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2022, 11:33 PM)grampahol Wrote: Bengals 17-0
everyone else 0-17 
ThumbsUp ThumbsUp Who Dey Tiger ThumbsUp ThumbsUp

Everyone else 0-17. With all due respect I don't think this is possible.
Reply/Quote
I would love for them to return to rightful place as the joke of the league during the 21st Century, but I think a lot of you are sleeping on the Browns.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2022, 09:24 AM)jason Wrote: I would love for them to return to rightful place as the joke of the league during the 21st Century, but I think a lot of you are sleeping on the Browns.

No one is dismissing their talent or upgrades. More or less, Watson will get suspended, hard to win without him. plus he's not played in a year, will he be rusty? too many ?'s. 
Reply/Quote