Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Predict the North
Ben is positive with 'Rona and apparently had symptoms. So adjust your predictions accordingly for Mason Rudolph and/or Dwayne Haskins at QB.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Anyone could win this division. This is a tough division.
Reply/Quote
4 way 9-8 tie ? No seriously
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2021, 09:48 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: 4 way 9-8 tie ? No seriously

Ain't happening now.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2021, 09:50 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Ain't happening now.

Oh yes forgot about Pissburgh today
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2021, 06:30 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: It kills me to say it . . . Steelers.

They are built for December and January football. Run the ball and defense. It's not how you're playing now, it's how in sync your team is two months from now.

The Bengals are good, but not there yet. They don't have the o-line to compete with the big dogs yet. They need to be able to get that push in short yardage if they're going to be fighting with playoff teams and pretty much every playoff team can get after the QB. Such a waste to extend Mixon and do almost nothing to the poor o-line.

Since they've drafted Mixon
2017 Mixon 2nd rd
2017 C JJ Dielman 5th - never took a snap
2018 C Billy Price 1st - NY Giant
2018 G Rod Taylor 7th - never took a snap
2019 T Jonah Williams - meh. Not a disaster but not a force, either. Still has missed(22) more than he's played so far(19).
2019 G Michael Jordan - never developed, gone
2020 T Hakeen Adeniji 6th - Shown flashes but still very raw. Signed XSF
September 2nd, 2020, re-sign Mixon. Later picked up Spain
2021 G Jackson Carman 2nd - A work in progress, too early to tell.
2021 T D'ante Smith 4th - project
2021 C Trey Hill - very raw project that, at times, looks like an NFL Europe level player.

Reds fans watched the lack of attention to the bullpen ruin their 2021 season and feared the same thing was coming with the O-line. We're only halfway through this season, and, so far, the o-line isn't quite the disaster the the Reds bull pen was, but they are by far and away the weakest position group on this team.

I can agree with your reasoning, but you described the Browns, not the Steelers.  Steelers O-line is bad.  The Browns have a top 5 O-line and a top 5 running game.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2021, 11:44 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Based on what I have seen thus far (but we all know how things can flip on a dime), I think the division is Cleveland's.  They seem to have galvanized after getting rid of OBJ.  I think they have one of the easier schedules as well as the most well-rounded team.  I am still not a big Baker fan, but that team is a lot like the 2015 Bengals.  Great offense and solid defense.   I hope I'm wrong, but if I had to put money on one team to win the AFC North, it is Cleveland.

I actually see the Bengals finishing 2nd.  The fact that the Dolphins beat the Rats makes me doubt them even more.  Their offense is still reliant on one guy so much that when teams find a way to limit him, they struggle, and their defense has a lot of holes.  

Should the Bengals win in Vegas (oh, please!) they have only two of their remaining 7 games after that on the road.  

I also believe so much in Joe Burrow.  He wasn't awful in the Cleveland game, but made a couple bad mistakes and the defense's ability to get any stops turned in to a feeding frenzy on him.  He will bounce back.  He is amazing.  

pittsturd is an absolute fraud.  Other than a couple great players on defense, they aren't going to threaten.  

Browns 11-6
Bengals 10-7
Rats 9-8
steelers 7-10

Yes, I am quoting myself.  As much as I respect the Cleveland team, and last year they finished very strong, yesterday's loss may have been a blueprint.  Sure, they were missing Chubb and Hunt, but the Pats knew exactly how to neutralize their pass rush and got the ball out very fast and the Browns had no answer.  It wasn' t like the Browns had a ton of turnovers or anything like that, either.  The Pats just ground them down.

Maybe the Bengals can win the AFC North.  It is going to have to start next weekend in Vegas.  Can't have another AFC Loss and need to get back in the win column.  
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2021, 02:11 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Ben is positive with 'Rona and apparently had symptoms. So adjust your predictions accordingly for Mason Rudolph and/or Dwayne Haskins at QB.

Who knew COVID was an STD?  Fat turd.  
Reply/Quote