Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Predict the season
I'm back to negative with this team. But let's play a game predict what's going to happen? I'll go first

They trade Vontaze to Oakland because that's how the script goes from Roger Goodell orders. The lunacy story about Burfict is just a way to send him packing to the nfl's new golden team. The raidas. Vontaze goes on to be Superbowl mvp. The draft we will select center from Ohio State that everyone loves,price . Mike Brown knows how much this will excite the fan base. We will select a qb fifth round but he's going to the ps. We are trying to make the playoffs by week 15. Dalton comes up limping. In comes barkley ,he throws a long TD we are tied,Barkley gets another drive ,fires it to John ross,ohhh it's picked. Season ender. The fans say well if Burfict didn't screw up ,and Dalton didn't go down this was our year to go all the way!!! The next off-season Dalton and Marvin get a extension
Hobson comes out with his article in March how we only got 10 million to spend. Roger Goodell comes up with a new guy on our team to suspend. Maybe mixon .
Reply/Quote
Well, Burfict has been almost as unreliable as Eifert and fans seem to trash him and his absences aren't in his control.

I look at it all as though the Bengals had a really good team a few years ago and lost key pieces on the offensive line and the offense predictably suffered. The loss of Hue and replacement with Zampese was just as big a debacle. I like what I have seen with Lazor in a difficult circumstance and the removal of Alexander and his moronic scheme is a step in the right direction, but I need to see our young guys like Ross, Mixon, and Malone/Core step on and take over this team on the offensive side of the ball. I am hoping we will see a rejuvenated AJ Green, who just seemed to believe they were done before they started last year. Eifert's health and using him and Kroft together is also a big piece of what has to be next year's puzzle.

Will I get my hopes up? In a word, no. I hope I am wrong, but I have little to no faith in Lewis as head coach. Austin might have the excuse that he didn't have talent around him last year, but he gave up a TON of points last year in Detroit. I am more than a little worried about the defense. I think the offense can at least be average, but that would equate to 7 or 8 wins, not enough to make the playoffs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
9-7, but we make the playoffs.

Reply/Quote
Barring an injury plague, 10-6.... Burfict comes back from suspension, plays well up until the Steelers game. Burfict tackles JJSS (legally) and is suspended the rest of the season.
Reply/Quote
I predict 8-10 wins because I think this team does get somewhat better compared to last year.
With the moves the Bengals have made in FA so far, I really think the only position that needs a draft pick to start and play well is C.
I wouldn't risk waiting until the third round for a C though. I'd take one at 21 or 46. 46 is more likely.

Wins:
Browns (x2)
Ravens
Bucs
Dolphins
Colts
Chargers
Broncos
--------------

I think the other two wins could come from the other Ravens game and the Raiders game.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
its to early to predict a record, but we will be in playoffs this year if bodine does not return because then we will draft a top center this year and flourish

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2018, 11:45 AM)Okeana Wrote: its to early to predict a record, but we will be in playoffs this year if bodine does not return because then we will draft a top center this year and flourish

Yeah, there's still a lot of story left to be told before I'd make any predictions, but I think if we lose Bodine and don't start Ced, our line is improved. Even if we start a rookie center, he can't be much worse than Bodine. I think that's an addition by subtraction.

I doubt we take a center in the first two rounds, but who knows. I wouldn't have predicted a few of the moves we've made already.
Reply/Quote
14-2
Reply/Quote
7-9, 8-8, 9-7. One of those three records, because Marv.
Reply/Quote
Remember last year at this time when most of you were predicting 10-12 wins for last season? I sure do! Fans are generally over optimistic before each season starts. The OLine was so obvious last offseason, yet 10-12 wins. Lol. I do see some improvement this offseason and could see 7-9 wins. The Browns are getting closer to not being 2 automatic wins every year guys.
Reply/Quote
7-9
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Shouldn't wait until after the draft? This is a team that won 7 games behind one of the worse offensive lines in the NFL. With the addition of Glenn and a new Center and Guard, they should win at least 9 games maybe 10. Missing Burfict for 4 games (if no appeal ruling in his favor) could hurt chances a bit.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Way too early to throw predictions out there at this point.

IF we are going into the season with our current lineup, I would say 8-8, 7-9 again because the interior of the line still has major holes.

I would lean towards 8-8 because our left tackle situation is much better and our center situation is much better even without knowing who the starter will be.
Reply/Quote
I'm just going to say, better than last year.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2018, 02:47 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: 7-9

You don't think we will be any better than last year?
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2018, 02:47 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: 7-9

A proven LT has got to be worth at least one more win.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Not a playoff win. Don't care about the record.
Reply/Quote
I predict we win 10 - 11, and I also predict we will get to the AFC Championship game. Not just because of the players we have brought in and lost but I think the biggest difference this season and going forward will be Pollock and Austin and Van Pelt.
I just have a good feeling that the coaching changes are going to make a huge difference this year
Reply/Quote
Well i am going to assume we Draft a top Center so the O-line will be much better with Glenn and a decent Center.

Will take a bit for the Center to get up to speed but still he will be better than Bodine. Pollack should get the running game
going by mid season atleast and Lazor will be much better this year with his scheme and a running game. Defense shouldn't
be on the field nearly as much gonna say...

9 - 12 wins and with a decent running game we might even win a Playoff game.
Reply/Quote
It really is going to hinge on how well they hit it with this year's draft. Lousy draft? Lousy season . Great draft? Great season . I'd really hate to see a great draft and lousy season, but it may take some time for the new coaching staff to gel with the current team. It feels like they're just gonna overlook something really important . (not that they've EVER overlooked important stuff ..oh no..never except every season since the introduction of sliced bread )
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote