Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Predict the season
(03-23-2018, 09:31 PM)Joelist Wrote: The big question is going to be how long it takes what will essentially be a brand new OL (and brand new OL coach) to gel. We probably will have four new starters on the OL with Boling being the only returning starter. We already know Glenn is a giant upgrade over Og and any of the top three Centers would be a huge upgrade over Bodine. Likewise RG and RT will be major upgrades over what started there in 2017 so when the line gels look out.

That is the big question alright. We will be much better off eventually but it will take some time for the new O-line and Pollack to gel.

(03-23-2018, 09:36 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I drink a lotta beer. Oh, your talking about the team? If history serves me correctly, I drink a lot of beer!

Hilarious  Brewskies, solid prediction lol

(03-25-2018, 04:54 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Keep drinking the beer. The Kool-Aid is bad here.

What Kool-Aid Guy?

You are losing it. You evidently think we would be better off with Paul Alexander still here coaching the line, Og still at LT,
Bodine still at Center, Minter, Sims, Zampese, Guenther, Urban etc.

You honestly would rather have this than these new coaches and players?

I don't know how anyone could say we are worse now then last year.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals will sweep the Browns and Ravens. (Not saying they will be EASY wins, but they will be wins)
Other than that... who knows?
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 11:58 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I'm back to negative with this team. But let's play a game predict what's going to happen? I'll go first

They trade Vontaze to Oakland because that's how the script goes from Roger Goodell orders. The lunacy story about Burfict is just a way to send him packing to the nfl's new golden team. The raidas. Vontaze goes on to be Superbowl mvp. The draft we will select center from Ohio State that everyone loves,price . Mike Brown knows how much this will excite the fan base. We will select a qb fifth round but he's going to the ps. We are trying to make the playoffs by week 15. Dalton comes up limping. In comes barkley ,he throws a long TD we are tied,Barkley gets another drive ,fires it to John ross,ohhh it's picked. Season ender. The fans say well if Burfict didn't screw up ,and Dalton didn't go down this was our year to go all the way!!! The next off-season Dalton and Marvin get a extension
Hobson comes out with his article in March how we only got 10 million to spend. Roger Goodell comes up with a new guy on our team to suspend. Maybe mixon .

Its probably premature to make a prediction.

Each step provides more clarity (FA, draft, preseason, injuries, trades, etc.)

Then the schedule. Its not just who we play, but also when we play them. Playing NO, Tampa, Raiders and Miami at home in Nov-Dec would be better than Sep-Oct. 

Playing KC later in the year is better than early- generally. But with a new QB, this year it may be better to play them earlier than later.

Also byes come into play. I doubt we will get a Monday night game, but wouldn't mind if we play Pitt, Carolina or ATL, on their short week after our bye week.

Then the west coast trip...  

Logic dictates that if we build the O-Line to pound the ball, and Ross + Eifert can contribute, we should improve from last year.

How much we improve? I can better opine in late August.     
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
8-8
Reply/Quote
24-20 victory over the rams in the super bowl :)
Reply/Quote
I don't make predictions before the draft, but I don't know how anyone could see these off-season moves and somehow feel worse about the team.
I'd love to hear an explanation for that.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2018, 10:46 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I don't make predictions before the draft, but I don't know how anyone could see these off-season moves and somehow feel worse about the team.
I'd love to hear an explanation for that.

Exhibit 1. We're Bengals fans.. 
Exhibit 2. Any time we get excited about the upcoming season see exhibit 1.
Exhibit 3. Mikey 
Exhibit 4. Marv
Exhibit 5. See exhibit 1. 
Not to mention the hidden by law stating that any time Bengals fans get excited about the upcoming season the team MUST implode at any point before the end of any playoff game. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2018, 03:59 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Burfict: 28/96 games missed (29.2%), average of 4.7 games missed per year.
Eifert: 41/80 games missed (51.3%), average of 8.2 games missed per year.

Not saying Burfict is reliable, but that comparison doesn't even come close

Are you sure about that?

The past four years, Burfict has played in 36 of 64 games. That means he was available for 56% of the games. He will be missing the first four games of next year, which will put his availability as 52%. Eifert has been available for 49% of the games.

That does come close, doesn't it? My whole point was just that Eifert seems to get killed for his lack of availability (he lost almost a entire season to an injury in the Pro Bowl) but Burfict's lack of availability seems to get a pass. I will say this, the Bengals need Burfict much more than they need Eifert.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2018, 02:27 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Remember last year at this time when most of you were predicting 10-12 wins for last season? I sure do! Fans are generally over optimistic before each season starts. 

Yup and the funny thing is after the season ends they predict 4 win season for the next year out of disgust, but if the bengals make any type of moves it goes right back up to a 10-12 win season. 

...and then it repeats all over again at the end of the season!
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2018, 09:20 AM)GodFather Wrote: Yup and the funny thing is after the season ends they predict 4 win season for the next year out of disgust, but if the bengals make any type of moves it goes right back up to a 10-12 win season. 

I always fall for whatever new and improved announcement.  Today the Bengals announced they've installed new toilet paper holders in the women's restrooms on level B! WELL HOT DAMN! SUPER BOWL HERE WE COME ! Only to later learn the little spring in the toilet paper holder bar was defective and there went our hopes.. 
Ya gotta find something to cling to as Bengals fans.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2018, 01:17 PM)grampahol Wrote: Ya gotta find something to cling to as Bengals fans.. 

Yes, grief!  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2018, 09:20 AM)GodFather Wrote: Yup and the funny thing is after the season ends they predict 4 win season for the next year out of disgust, but if the bengals make any type of moves it goes right back up to a 10-12 win season. 

Last year that optimism was IF Og and Fisher could play well at OT we could win that many games.

They obviously did not play well and we still won 7 games.

This year there is a lot more to be confident about as we now have a proven LT and have moved on from PA and Bodine.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2018, 12:19 PM)Benton Wrote: Yeah, there's still a lot of story left to be told before I'd make any predictions, but I think if we lose Bodine and don't start Ced, our line is improved. Even if we start a rookie center, he can't be much worse than Bodine. I think that's an addition by subtraction.

I doubt we take a center in the first two rounds, but who knows. I wouldn't have predicted a few of the moves we've made already.

I'd say there's a 95% chance we'll pick a Center in rds 1 or 2....

as of today,
 i'd say OT Wynn at 21 & at 46 Ragnow
rebuilding this O-line should be the #1 priority

or James Daniels at 21 & OT Desmond Howard, or the highest rated OT on their board,  at 46

rds 3 LB & FS
just seems logical....
Reply/Quote
at this point.....
i'd say ......
11-5
AFC North champs...
but we lose in the Conference game to the Jags b/c Rookie Lamar Jackson's unstoppable.....34-20
Jags win SB over the Eagles, 31-24
Lamar Jackson is SB MVP
Reply/Quote
I wish we could pin this to the top so at the end of the season we can see how people feel about their original predictions! LOL
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2018, 06:58 PM)GodFather Wrote: I wish we could pin this to the top so at the end of the season we can see how people feel about their original predictions! LOL

Fine with me, as long as we get a top tier Center i am sticking to my prediction of 9-12 wins.

No way we lose more games than last year with PA and Bodine gone, replaced with Frank Pollack and a top tier Center.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2018, 07:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Fine with me, as long as we get a top tier Center i am sticking to my prediction of 9-12 wins.

No way we lose more games than last year with PA and Bodine gone, replaced with Frank Pollack and a top tier Center.

Never say never buddy, this is the Bengals after all. 

I personally will take the under without a second thought. (9-12 wins that is)
Reply/Quote
Depends greatly on getting in more blocking and tackling. This draft IS NOT about finesse players that they went heavy on last year. They need some Big Uglies to BLOCK and TACKLE in this draft EARLY. Not talking waiting until 5th Round nonsense. The Bengals lose because the Bengals can't put on the Big Boy Pants and Man Up with good NFL teams in The Trenches. They can't Block, They can't Tackle, so They can't Win. All the fluff and puff of wide receivers fans love doesn't mean jack if you can't Block or Tackle. You can't Wicky Wacky play calling to offset lack of talent in The Trenches. So it depends greatly on the players they add in the draft and free agency. This teams fate depends on what changes they make this off season because last years team was hopeless. It's amazing coaches got 7 wins out of such complete lack of talent, especially O Line worst in NFL. I still blame the brain thrust of Mike Brown & Company for back to back losing seasons for some truly bonehead off seasons after 2015. This off season seems Positive, but much, much more needed. Even with the added LT, our O Line still is awful. Bring on The Draft.

So too early to tell. More of a hope than a prediction is Bengals window of opportunity with AJ Green, Dalton, Atkins, Dunlap is still open to make a Super Bowl run. I'm hoping this is Bengals 7th play-off season in last 10 years with a respectable 70 % to be proud of.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2018, 08:15 PM)GodFather Wrote: Never say never buddy, this is the Bengals after all. 

I personally will take the under without a second thought. (9-12 wins that is)

You act like we are the Stains or something man, we still win 7 games in a terrible season.
Reply/Quote
I'm going to hold off on any predictions until after the 3rd preseason game. There is just too many variables that factor into making such bold prognostications.

but if there's a gun to my head, I'm saying 7-9 as of right now, March 30, 2018 at 3:17pm CTD.

Get back to me after the 3rd preseason game.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote