Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Predict the season
(03-19-2018, 09:40 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Well, Burfict has been almost as unreliable as Eifert and fans seem to trash him and his absences aren't in his control.

I look at it all as though the Bengals had a really good team a few years ago and lost key pieces on the offensive line and the offense predictably suffered. The loss of Hue and replacement with Zampese was just as big a debacle. I like what I have seen with Lazor in a difficult circumstance and the removal of Alexander and his moronic scheme is a step in the right direction, but I need to see our young guys like Ross, Mixon, and Malone/Core step on and take over this team on the offensive side of the ball. I am hoping we will see a rejuvenated AJ Green, who just seemed to believe they were done before they started last year. Eifert's health and using him and Kroft together is also a big piece of what has to be next year's puzzle.

Will I get my hopes up? In a word, no. I hope I am wrong, but I have little to no faith in Lewis as head coach. Austin might have the excuse that he didn't have talent around him last year, but he gave up a TON of points last year in Detroit. I am more than a little worried about the defense. I think the offense can at least be average, but that would equate to 7 or 8 wins, not enough to make the playoffs.

Agree about the younger guys. Hell the Saints had 2 legit contenders for offense and defensive players of the year and both are rookies. We can't even get ours on the field.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2018, 05:17 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I'm going to hold off on any predictions until after the 3rd preseason game. There is just too many variables that factor into making such bold prognostications.

but if there's a gun to my head, I'm saying 7-9 as of right now, March 30, 2018 at 3:17pm CTD.

Get back to me after the 3rd preseason game.
I'm still trying to picture the scenario where someone pulls out a revolver, holds it to your head and says, "Alright pal, it's curtains for you unless you make a prediction about the Cincinnati Bengals upcoming season." 

You of course refuse and the headlines in the Cincinnati Enquirer reads, "Man found murdered execution style over refusal to predict Bengals season. Prosecutors refuse to indict gunman citing that they would have done the same thing since there's such a lack of reputable predictions for the upcoming season before the draft ."  

It's COITENS! COITENS I SAY! COITENS! 
You're going for a ride .
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm going out on a limb and predict that I don't know how this season is going to unfold and was it even folded properly to begin with or was it just kind of tossed in a laundry basket hither hather?  

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2018, 10:30 AM)GodFather Wrote: I'd rather be wrong on the side of what has been happening since Marvin has been here, and be pleasantly surprised if he pulled it out and we went far. That way I wont have my panties in a bunch like a lot of people who predict 11-5 and deep playoff run and get neither. Then they go on a tirade for a few months how they wont follow this team anymore because they are tired of it, and when they get a new water boy for the team will win the Super Bowl all of a sudden because the water is magic!!!

Losses bother me whether I expect us to lose or not.

I don't have an "off" button for caring about losing.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2018, 03:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Losses bother me whether I expect us to lose or not.

I don't have an "off" button for caring about losing.

Its worse when you have expectations from your team. When you lose its no shock, but when you win its a great surprise. Its all a matter perspective and what works for you personally.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2018, 09:40 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Well, Burfict has been almost as unreliable as Eifert and fans seem to trash him and his absences aren't in his control.  

I look at it all as though the Bengals had a really good team a few years ago and lost key pieces on the offensive line and the offense predictably suffered.  The loss of Hue and replacement with Zampese was just as big a debacle.  I like what I have seen with Lazor in a difficult circumstance and the removal of Alexander and his moronic scheme is a step in the right direction, but I need to see our young guys like Ross, Mixon, and Malone/Core step on and take over this team on the offensive side of the ball.  I am hoping we will see a rejuvenated AJ Green, who just seemed to believe they were done before they started last year.  Eifert's health and using him and Kroft together is also a big piece of what has to be next year's puzzle.

Will I get my hopes up?  In a word, no.  I hope I am wrong, but I have little to no faith in Lewis as head coach.  Austin might have the excuse that he didn't have talent around him last year, but he gave up a TON of points last year in Detroit.    I am more than a little worried about the defense.  I think the offense can at least be average, but that would equate to 7 or 8 wins, not enough to make the playoffs.

If all is healthy, I could see our team at 9/7. We could easily make 11 wins,BUT we gotta battle the reps and all the bad calls.You just know they will steal 2 games from us and marvin will do nothing about it.***** he is.I just do not get him.I want a Bill B. type of coach who goes for the throat all game.Thats the way its supposed to be.keep scoring until no time left.
Reply/Quote
Call my cynical, but I don't see our record improving. Maybe we'll go 8-7-1!

Yes, I tend to be cynical about my favorite team. Doesn't mean i'm open to being proven wrong. I'm sure a ton of Eagles fans are still eating up their crow (or horse poop, because holy crap that video was disgusting)
Reply/Quote
I'll go with 8-8 as of now.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2018, 03:59 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Burfict: 28/96 games missed (29.2%), average of 4.7 games missed per year.
Eifert: 41/80 games missed (51.3%), average of 8.2 games missed per year.

Not saying Burfict is reliable, but that comparison doesn't even come close.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

As for my prediction of the season...

Ravens: L
Browns: W
Steelers: L
Broncos: L
Dolphins: W
Saints: L
Raiders: L
Buccaneers: W (shaky on this)
@Ravens: W
@Browns: L
@Steelers: L
@Falcons: L
@Panthers: W
@Colts: W
@Chiefs: L
@Chargers: L (shaky on this)

Final Record: 6-10 (give or take 1 game)

Much tougher schedule this year than last year.

This is a small part of my reasoning as well, but I have them beating the Broncos and Steelers (one game). Good thing the horse shoes beat the Texans. We've been pretty bad vs them with or without a decent QB.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
I predict 16 games over 17 weeks...

Preseason 2-2
Regular Season... 10-6 a few stumbles early then go on a run to end the season in the 5th seed
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2018, 10:30 AM)GodFather Wrote: I'd rather be wrong on the side of what has been happening since Marvin has been here, and be pleasantly surprised if he pulled it out and we went far. That way I wont have my panties in a bunch like a lot of people who predict 11-5 and deep playoff run and get neither. Then they go on a tirade for a few months how they wont follow this team anymore because they are tired of it, and when they get a new water boy for the team will win the Super Bowl all of a sudden because the water is magic!!!

I've never heard of anyone acting as you suggest.....
I think many ppl would rather criticize the Bengals than to say anything positive.....it's easier to kick them....
I am very pro Bengals.....I just love them....can't help it....if they do poorly I get pissed but I will never jump off the bus.....I think many ppl who love to attack them actually know very little about them..... a few guys at my job dog them constantly......but when I ask them, "did you watch the last game", they say "no".....they only know a few players on the team....& of course they hate them......b/c they suck....
I just take their opinion w/ a grain of salt....in other words, I ignor them.... Yawn
ps. I don't hate Marvin either....
& I don't wear panties so I don't have to worry about bunching....
oh yea.....one more thing......this year I am predicting 11-5 & an AFC North crown.....& just to pour a little salt into your open wound.....yes a SB victory too..... Shocked Hilarious
Reply/Quote
They're gonna win the Mega Super Duper Bowl this year. They'll be  sooooo great that the league will have no other choice than to expand the Super Bowl to the Mega Super Duper Bowl so the Bengals can play against (and beat) the best of  every probowl team ever! Cincinnati will become the new capital of the new Mega Super Duper NFL with Mike Brown named the commissioner of MSDNFL.. 
Heck, I'm probably understating how wonderful it's gonna be. It's gonna be so great that even us modest fans here on this board will be offered million dollar contracts to be fans of MEGA SUPER DUPER BOWL BENGALS! And the very word DUPER will finally have a definition in every dictionary.. 
Meanwhile the Reds will win the world series and they'll be in the new Mega Super Duper Major Leagues..  

Well, I might be going just a tad overboard here.. Did I mention the billions of fans around the world who are all going to pack up and move to Cincinnati? 

Reply/Quote
Nobody biting, huh? I'm shocked...SHOCKED I SAY.  
OK,  I was just killing time .The Reds ain't winning doodly squat with Price.. 

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2018, 12:40 AM)Steve Wrote: I've never heard of anyone acting as you suggest.....
I think many ppl would rather criticize the Bengals than to say anything positive.....it's easier to kick them....
I am very pro Bengals.....I just love them....can't help it....if they do poorly I get pissed but I will never jump off the bus.....I think many ppl who love to attack them actually know very little about them..... a few guys at my job dog them constantly......but when I ask them, "did you watch the last game", they say "no".....they only know a few players on the team....& of course they hate them......b/c they suck....
I just take their opinion w/ a grain of salt....in other words, I ignor them.... Yawn
ps. I don't hate Marvin either....
& I don't wear panties so I don't have to worry about bunching....
oh yea.....one more thing......this year I am predicting 11-5 & an AFC North crown.....& just to pour a little salt into your open wound.....yes a SB victory too..... Shocked Hilarious

your opinion is about as valid as your grammar skills, or lack thereof  Whatever

I wish you were pro education Ninja
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2018, 08:29 PM)GodFather Wrote: your opinion is about as valid as your grammar skills, or lack thereof  Whatever

I wish you were pro education
Hilarious
my grammar skills are excellent.....you're just to stupid to comprehend anything intelligent....
& what's up w/ your handle....Godfather.....?
you must think you're a tough guy...  Hilarious Hilarious  
you are a negative poster...everything is doom & gloom....
why...? brain tumor..? low IQ..?
was your mom an alcoholic..? Drunk
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2018, 08:29 PM)GodFather Wrote: your opinion is about as valid as your grammar skills, or lack thereof  Whatever

I wish you were pro education Ninja

you want to talk football fine.....but if/when you insult me i'll come right back on you....b/c imo, you ain't squat....
just a dumb ass negative poster....
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2018, 01:56 PM)grampahol Wrote: Nobody biting, huh? I'm shocked...SHOCKED I SAY.  
OK,  I was just killing time .The Reds ain't winning doodly squat with Price.. 

Well, at least you entertain yourself. No one can ever take that away from you. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2018, 11:23 AM)Steve Wrote: Hilarious
my grammar skills are excellent.....you're just to stupid to comprehend anything intelligent....
& what's up w/ your handle....Godfather.....?
you must think you're a tough guy...  Hilarious Hilarious  
you are a negative poster...everything is doom & gloom....
why...? brain tumor..? low IQ..?
was your mom an alcoholic..? Drunk

(04-08-2018, 11:28 AM)Steve Wrote: you want to talk football fine.....but if/when you insult me i'll come right back on you....b/c imo, you ain't squat....
just a dumb ass negative poster....

If thats coming at me you are going to hurt yourself seriously, I'm worried about you.
Reply/Quote