Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Predictable ending vs Steelers triggered Deep memories - Washington Generals
Watching and knowing, as it was happening again, that it was going to happen again, in the 4th quarter versus the Steelers Monday night triggered something DEEP in my subconscious. It took me a Full Day to realize what it was that losing again to the Steelers was reminding me of.

It started when AJ Green's TD was called back and the feeling kept building from there. Ever stronger as the 4th quarter progressed. Ball punted back to Ben, they line up for the field goal etc.

What was it ?  I would ask myself.

Today it hit me.

A reminding memory all the way from Childhood.

We are the Washington Generals.

Can't Script our losses to the Steelers any better than a Washington General's loss to the Harlem Globetrotters.

Look like we can win, have chances to win, TD called back, if this, if that, then ball punted back to Ben, they line up for the field goal etc.

Like being sucked into a Black hole again after getting a taste of what winning might feel like for a good portion of the game.

I read that the Washington Generals are 1 and 2,495 versus the Globetrotters. One win came when Globetrotter players lost track of the game clock and had to score 12 points in less than 2 minutes, missing a buzzer shot causing SHOCK to fans in the crowd that they had just lost. Kids crying in Shock.

2,495 times a Globetrotter like Meadowlark Lemon or Curly Neal or another would make a trick shot or steal the ball from a Washington General player to ice another win. Everyone in the crowd Knowing what the outcome would be.

Same feeling Monday Night versus the Steelers for me.

That "we are winning" feeling for a while just before the Script's ending begins to kick in, followed by the ball punted back to Ben, they line up for the field goal etc.

Could set a Watch by it.

Steeler fans synchronize their Watches at the exact moment in the 4th quarter that the ending to another Win will begin and Bengal fans setting their watches that same second to when the ending to another Loss will begin.

(set your watches) 3 and out, ball punted back to Ben, etc....

A real world, unscripted recurring Fate that rivals that of the Generals because it is unscripted.

Reply/Quote
If Rey Mysterio can beat Kevin Nash in 1999, maybe one day the Bengals can beat the Steelers.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 05:19 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If Rey Mysterio can beat Kevin Nash in 1999, maybe one day the Bengals can beat the Steelers.

That is part of what Amazes me about this.

Wrestling is likely Scripted.

I say likely so not to offend any wrestling fans that are convinced it is real.

Globetrotter games are "likely" scripted.

But as AJ Green was catching that TD pass that was called back (in that split second or so) I guarantee that 95% of Bengal fans thought we were going to Win the game.

Then of course the Flag bursts that split second Bubble.

Unscripted, yet plays out just like a Script that we all could see and feel unfolding to another loss.

Sort of amazes me but it probably shouldn't.
Reply/Quote