Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Predictable plays from formations
(09-15-2022, 02:45 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, when all us dudes that aren't even coach's can see the problems there is a definite problem. Mellow

Actually when fans claim they see something that an entire NFL coaching staff is not seeing the fan is usually wrong.

There is MUCH more to "knowing the play" than just guessing "run up the middle" or "pass".  In fact I doubt you could even call a single play from an NFL playbook.

But you and a bunch of other guys here think an entire NFL staff needs you to correct them.

Child please.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2022, 04:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually when fans claim they see something that an entire NFL coaching staff is not seeing the fan is usually wrong.

There is MUCH more to "knowing the play" than just guessing "run up the middle" or "pass".  In fact I doubt you could even call a single play from an NFL playbook.

But you and a bunch of other guys here think an entire NFL staff needs you to correct them.

Child please.

No one said the coach's don't see it.

No one suggested that they are NFL caliber play-callers.

No one stated that an NFL staff needed us to to correct them.

Reply/Quote
Honestly,I don’t believe I’ve ever witnessed an Offense this Predictable.To the defense of the OL,and everyone involved on those plays,MOST of the time,Pittsburgh’s Defense knew exactly what was coming.Hey,it doesn’t even hurt to throw the Ball on first down every once in a while.
Reply/Quote
In an alternate reality where ~30% of the pass plays were play action, I think that the Bengals would've won by 7+. More TE usage, more passing out of run personnel and Vice versa, I think that they would've done it. 20/20 hindsight.

I can't really blame the coaching staff for being so tentative with guys in the pre-season. The freak injury to Harris wasn't in their control. The lack of a TD attempt on 3rd and 8 seemed too conservative (a TD or 1st down should be far more probable than an interception there), but the miss was due to a freak occurrence. I do think that you can rightly criticize the game plan and playcalling last week. If for no other reason that it put Burrow into a very high pressure scenario without any preseason action. Last year during the first third or half of the season, this seemed like a team that got by with good defense, a solid run game, and a pass game that produced splash plays often enough. It seemed as though Burrow wasn't ready to go out there and be prime Aaron Rodgers - which should be expected. 
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2022, 04:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually when fans claim they see something that an entire NFL coaching staff is not seeing the fan is usually wrong.

Child please.

Eh, it isn't hard to call a play Fred lol

Man, you act like you are such a genius all the while acting like everything is so complicated.

All we are saying is be a little less predictable so Defenses don't know exactly what we are doing.

The Steelers knew what we were doing the entire game. The only reason why we nearly beat them all the while we were
turning the ball over is they still couldn't stop us even when they knew what we were doing in the 2nd half. Just need to 
make it easier on ourselves and change it up. 

Just cause you cannot see what is happening as usual don't insult others and tell them they couldn't even call a play in a 
playbook. I am no genius but I know play calls just from being on here and even just Madden even though it isn't the real
world. We passed the ball once with Burrow under Center in play-action and it was a nice play. Do that a little more.

We passed the ball when Hurst was in the game and ran it when Sample was in the game. These are bad tendencies that
tip the Defense's hand to what we are doing. The coaches will fix it though, I am sure of it.

(09-15-2022, 04:54 PM)casear2727 Wrote: No one said the coach's don't see it.

No one suggested that they are NFL caliber play-callers.

No one stated that an NFL staff needed us to to correct them.

Exactly. They will fix it. Nothing wrong with us talking about the obvious that we all see and Fred doesn't.

The coaches see it too, so does Burrow for damn sure.

(09-15-2022, 09:07 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Honestly,I don’t believe I’ve ever witnessed an Offense this Predictable.To the defense of the OL,and everyone involved on those plays,MOST of the time,Pittsburgh’s Defense knew exactly what was coming.Hey,it doesn’t even hurt to throw the Ball on first down every once in a while.

True, but it did hurt throwing the ball on our first 2 plays lol

Sack, pick 6 is about the worst way to start a game.

(09-15-2022, 11:12 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: In an alternate reality where ~30% of the pass plays were play action, I think that the Bengals would've won by 7+. More TE usage, more passing out of run personnel and Vice versa, I think that they would've done it. 20/20 hindsight.

I can't really blame the coaching staff for being so tentative with guys in the pre-season. The freak injury to Harris wasn't in their control. The lack of a TD attempt on 3rd and 8 seemed too conservative (a TD or 1st down should be far more probable than an interception there), but the miss was due to a freak occurrence. I do think that you can rightly criticize the game plan and playcalling last week. If for no other reason that it put Burrow into a very high pressure scenario without any preseason action. Last year during the first third or half of the season, this seemed like a team that got by with good defense, a solid run game, and a pass game that produced splash plays often enough. It seemed as though Burrow wasn't ready to go out there and be prime Aaron Rodgers - which should be expected. 

Agree with everything Bilbo except it wasn't in the pre-season. Seemed like it though, we were so rusty early.

It is extremely early though and the perfect game to look back and see what we did wrong and get this thing fixed.

That 2nd half shown what this Offense can do when not rusty.
Reply/Quote