Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prediction Article to be written Xmas Week
I found this interesting. It did mention the Bengals could beat Steelers in week 17 for last playoff spot.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000957787/article/nfl-playoff-picture-from-the-future-how-itll-look-in-week-17future-how-itll-look-in-week-17?campaign=Twitter_atn

I could see winner to playoffs and loser out. It said Ravens win our division, that I just don't see.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2018, 08:52 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I found this interesting. It did mention the Bengals could beat Steelers in week 17 for last playoff spot.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000957787/article/nfl-playoff-picture-from-the-future-how-itll-look-in-week-17future-how-itll-look-in-week-17?campaign=Twitter_atn

I could see winner to playoffs and loser out. It said Ravens win our division, that I just don't see.

Boomer picked the Ratburds to win the North as well. Flacco is supposedly having, or had, a great camp and looks to be back in his old form. He needs to get hit, a lot......
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2018, 08:54 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Boomer picked the Ratburds to win the North as well. Flacco is supposedly having, or had, a great camp and looks to be back in his old form. He needs to get hit, a lot......

So... 20-15 TD/INT ratio as opposed to 18-17 TD/INT ratio?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2018, 08:52 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I found this interesting. It did mention the Bengals could beat Steelers in week 17 for last playoff spot.

The Ravens QB situation is on the upside with their new QB who just got better with every p-game and their seasoned QB revitalized with the competition. The only team I see with a downside is the steelers but they wont go down by much.
Reply/Quote
Oh C'mon.. Everyone knows the Bengals will be undefeated and win the super bowl like they always do . All this winning is getting tiresome.. I wish for just once we could lose a playoff game and just once someone will come out and say Marvin can't win in the post season. And just once can we finally sign some washed up linebacker? We always have nothing but studs for linebackers who wreck havoc with TEs.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2018, 09:11 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: So... 20-15 TD/INT ratio as opposed to 18-17 TD/INT ratio?

Gotta remember those ridiculous pass interference calls on key 3rd downs.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2018, 10:38 AM)Whatever Wrote: Gotta remember those ridiculous pass interference calls on key 3rd downs.

Defensive PI is Baltimore's offensive MVP.
Reply/Quote

Entertaining read.  With respect to the Ravens, Flacco has looked very good in the preseason and there have been a lot of nagging injuries that the old doofus seems to have put behind him.  But what are his weapons?  They just released Perriman, a former first round pick.  They have solid TEs and a decent line, but I don't see that being enough. Flacco is also somewhat of a sitting duck that holds on to the ball too long and our division is wrought with ferocious defensive ends that can't wait to tear him in two.  

Lamar Jackson will be exciting to watch, and will win some games with athleticism, but I don't see him as NFL ready.  

The Bengals and steelers (puke) will be battling it out, but I see a lot of question marks over in the piss-yellow prison outfits.  What is going on with Bell?  What Bell will they get?  Piggy is still fat.  And here is your stat of the day, my friends:  After losing Shazier, they gave up an average of 28 points a game down the stretch.  Their secondary is very suspect (Haha, you wanted WJIII and we got him) and they don't have the production they needed from Bud Dupree.  TJ Watt was a nice find, but he won't be able to do it alone.  

This is the Bengal's year.  Not only do I want to send Piggy to the retirement home bruised and battered, but I want the Patriots!  I want them to run through their weak-ass division with ease (who wouldn't?  Honestly, if Cleveland is in that division instead of the Pats, they have a shot to win it) and then have something like a 14-2 record only to have the Bengals go to THEIR FIELD and end their run once and for all.  

This is our year, my friends, it will see the end of Piggy, and it will see the end of Mr. Gisele Buunchen (sp?)
Reply/Quote

I don't see the Ravens winning the division but it could come down to the Steeler's or Bengals.  It will come down to the Bengals improving the running game on both sides of the ball.  I think Dalton may have his best year as a Bengal due to the talent at TE and WR and his quick release.  Do not know if it will translate into a playoff win.  Let's hope so.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
The only headline at Christmas time will be "Browns Better Than Bengals".
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I have seen alot of people picking the Ravens also. At the moment his name escapes me, but had their ILBer as DPOY. I'm not seeing it myself that they have added weapons that catapult them enough to win the division. I don't believe their back 7 on D will stand up to the receivers in this division.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2018, 10:03 AM)Bengalitis Wrote:  The Ravens QB situation is on the upside with their new QB who just got better with every p-game and their seasoned QB revitalized with the competition. The only team I see with a downside is the steelers but they wont go down by much.

If you use this criteria, no QB has more upside than us. Dalton was #1 in pre-season. I see the Ravens improving, I don't see them winning our division.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 09:42 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I don't see the Ravens winning the division but it could come down to the Steeler's or Bengals.  It will come down to the Bengals improving the running game on both sides of the ball.  I think Dalton may have his best year as a Bengal due to the talent at TE and WR and his quick release.  Do not know if it will translate into a playoff win.  Let's hope so.  

I agree. I do think we now have 4 teams that can beat you. The Browns were close to beating the Steelers twice, also the Ravens at least once. They will get some division wins in 2018.

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 11:10 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: The only headline at Christmas time will be "Browns Better Than Bengals".

Wager?

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 12:15 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Wager?

Would not mind a piece of that action as well. 

On paper the Browns should have passed the Bengals years ago with all those top draft picks. 

But Hue will hold them back once again. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 07:32 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Entertaining read.  With respect to the Ravens, Flacco has looked very good in the preseason and there have been a lot of nagging injuries that the old doofus seems to have put behind him.  But what are his weapons?  They just released Perriman, a former first round pick.  They have solid TEs and a decent line, but I don't see that being enough. Flacco is also somewhat of a sitting duck that holds on to the ball too long and our division is wrought with ferocious defensive ends that can't wait to tear him in two.  

Lamar Jackson will be exciting to watch, and will win some games with athleticism, but I don't see him as NFL ready.  

The Bengals and steelers (puke) will be battling it out, but I see a lot of question marks over in the piss-yellow prison outfits.  What is going on with Bell?  What Bell will they get?  Piggy is still fat.  And here is your stat of the day, my friends:  After losing Shazier, they gave up an average of 28 points a game down the stretch.  Their secondary is very suspect (Haha, you wanted WJIII and we got him) and they don't have the production they needed from Bud Dupree.  TJ Watt was a nice find, but he won't be able to do it alone.  

This is the Bengal's year.  Not only do I want to send Piggy to the retirement home bruised and battered, but I want the Patriots!  I want them to run through their weak-ass division with ease (who wouldn't?  Honestly, if Cleveland is in that division instead of the Pats, they have a shot to win it) and then have something like a 14-2 record only to have the Bengals go to THEIR FIELD and end their run once and for all.  

This is our year, my friends, it will see the end of Piggy, and it will see the end of Mr. Gisele Buunchen (sp?)

Great point and facts on Shazier loss. ThumbsUp  I knew the loss was great, but did not realize it was this bad.

Reply/Quote
Picked the Bengals and Ravens to both finish 10-6 with the steelers and the Browns sucking hind tit.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2018, 09:11 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: So... 20-15 TD/INT ratio as opposed to 18-17 TD/INT ratio?

lol. I was gonna say, his "old form" is that of an average QB during the regular season. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 12:15 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Wager?

I don't bet. But, I do believe the Browns will be better. The Bengals will continue with last season while the Browns will improve.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 07:32 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Entertaining read.  With respect to the Ravens, Flacco has looked very good in the preseason and there have been a lot of nagging injuries that the old doofus seems to have put behind him.  But what are his weapons?  They just released Perriman, a former first round pick.  They have solid TEs and a decent line, but I don't see that being enough. Flacco is also somewhat of a sitting duck that holds on to the ball too long and our division is wrought with ferocious defensive ends that can't wait to tear him in two.  

Wow. You should be a motivational speaker. I would love to see this. Ain't holding my breath. This is the best I have felt about the team since 2015. It's just, sigh, Marv....
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote